PDA

View Full Version : ****ty sound on WCIU-26

Vernam
04-21-2014, 06:44 PM
I know this has come up before, but what the hell is wrong with WCIU's technical staff that you can often hear Detroit fans conversing tonight clearer than you can hear Hawk and Stone? (Yes, I realize an average fan might be more listenable than Hawk these days.) At best there's about 30 percent more background crowd "rumble" (a highly technical term) than you need, and at worst, you can literally hear random chatter on the concourse as if the people are in your living room.

It does seem like Hawk is muttering more than usual, because Stone's voice is somewhat stronger and clearer. But the main problem is placement, volume, and compression of the field mics.

DumpJerry
04-21-2014, 07:46 PM
I've had problems with past games, none tonight. My main issue is the Sox offense, but I'm not blaming CIU.

all*star quentin
04-21-2014, 07:50 PM
I switched the channel from WCIU HD to WCIU SD, Hawk and Steve are much louder.

BainesHOF
04-22-2014, 04:45 PM
The U's audio mix has been terrible for years. Hawk and Stone are way too low in the mix. You can get a headache trying to listen to them.

hawkjt
04-22-2014, 04:55 PM
The U's audio mix has been terrible for years. Hawk and Stone are way too low in the mix. You can get a headache trying to listen to them.

Is it beyond our technology to fix? Somebody tell the U.

Foulke You
04-22-2014, 05:26 PM
Yeah, it's pretty bad. I have my cable box hooked into my surround sound system and it is even more noticeable on the 5.1 feed. I will often switch to 2 channel stereo just to improve the mix.

DumpJerry
04-22-2014, 06:49 PM
Tonight sounds fine on my tv. I'll be moving to the other television soon, I'll see if that one has trouble.

Brian26
04-22-2014, 07:28 PM
I've had problems with past games, none tonight. My main issue is the Sox offense, but I'm not blaming CIU.

My main issue is the Sox pitching, and I'm putting 100% of the blame on Svengoolie and Queen Latifah.

Vernam
04-22-2014, 07:56 PM
My main issue is the Sox pitching, and I'm putting 100% of the blame on Svengoolie and Queen Latifah.

Svengoolie or Son of Svengoolie? If the latter, I'm totally with you.

Because I ripped on Hawk last night, I must confess that I enjoyed his second-inning discussion with Stone tonight about batters' moving around in the box and pitchers' adjustments to the batters' locations. Hawk used to do a better job of that before his less-appealing traits took over.

IlliniOne82
04-23-2014, 09:26 AM
Svengoolie or Son of Svengoolie? If the latter, I'm totally with you.

Because I ripped on Hawk last night, I must confess that I enjoyed his second-inning discussion with Stone tonight about batters' moving around in the box and pitchers' adjustments to the batters' locations. Hawk used to do a better job of that before his less-appealing traits took over.

I enjoyed that too, unfortunately it was preceded by his comment that the 3rd base coach wins or loses more games over the course of a season than the manager does. He just doesn't have any sense of context. Everything he says is in the moment and his comments are always to one extreme of the spectrum.