PDA

View Full Version : What's with...

Chisox_cali
08-09-2002, 06:39 PM
...all this Torii Hunter for MVP Ass Kising Crap that's going on at ESPN.com? I know it's ESPN and everything but it's getting out of control. I don't think he should win MVP at all, anybody else but him, I truly do not like him at all, ever since last season. I'm sure by next month ESPN will kiss somebody elses ass for MVP. I mean it was only a short while ago they were kissing soriano's ass as MVP.

kevingrt
08-09-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
...all this Torii Hunter for MVP Ass Kising Crap that's going on at ESPN.com? I know it's ESPN and everything but it's getting out of control. I don't think he should win MVP at all, anybody else but him, I truly do not like him at all, ever since last season. I'm sure by next month ESPN will kiss somebody elses ass for MVP. I mean it was only a short while ago they were kissing soriano's ass as MVP.

You'd think they would be talking about Giambi or Soriano being such an east coast bias Sports Network....

kermittheefrog
08-09-2002, 07:16 PM
It's the flashy defensive plays factor. How often do you see Soriano or Giambi on web gems?

Of course there are only 2 REAL candidates. Jason Giambi and Alex Rodriguez. Just like the last 2 years before this.

RKMeibalane
08-09-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

That's ESPN for you. If Hunter struggles next season, they won't pay any attention to him. If the Twins embarrass themselves in the postseason, every major sports media outlet in this country will try to make them look bad. That's how the media work. They don't care about loyalty. The primary job of the reporter is to write stories and sell papers or magazines. Most of them don't care about being a bandwagoner as long they can meet a deadine.

StepsInSC
08-10-2002, 01:20 AM
He's a top candidate for MVP....I might have not seen something you did but everytime baseball tonight talks about the MVP they show Giambi, Soriano, and Hunter. He's blossomed this year into currently a great player, can't say if it will last or not.

And the Twins season has been pretty "fairy-tale-ish", I think that even when they do poorly in the postseason the media won't bash them, they'll talk about what a great year it was and that considering the inexperience of the team how great it was how far they got.

Its hard to do....but if you put aside your jealousy of the first place Twins its quite a story to see.