PDA

View Full Version : *Official* "Danks, Jose!" "De nada!" 4-10 Sox over Toons postgamer

vinny
04-10-2014, 10:06 PM
That felt good.

doublem23
04-10-2014, 10:06 PM
That is not a lie.

veeter
04-10-2014, 10:07 PM
I really like Webb.

ChiSoxGal85
04-10-2014, 10:11 PM
I can't believe I forgot that the Sox lost 14 games in a row to Cleveland last year. No wonder this one felt soooooo good.

And I didn't think this was going to end well after Danks' first inning.

Besides Abreu's two monster HRs, let's not forget about Alexei Ramirez, who has hit in every game this year.

amsteel
04-10-2014, 10:13 PM
Good game after a ****ty afternoon.

tstrike2000
04-10-2014, 10:18 PM
Very bizarre line for Danny Salazar, 3.2 innings pitched, 10K's, 6 hits, 5 earned. Nice game all the way around. Danks had a nice game after a shaky start. Abreu is a very strong man and Webb's stuff is pure filth.

shingo10
04-10-2014, 10:28 PM
Win in the division and good things will happen.

This improved my gloomy mood after the A. Garcia news. If only he could be part of this "gelling" process.

In the meantime, if our starters can go deep into games perhaps we can mix and match enough to make it work with the pen. Webb's 7th inning was awesome.

FielderJones
04-10-2014, 10:48 PM
Fun evening at the old ball park. Shaky start by Danks brought back memories of last year, but this is a new club. The new guys are everything that last years team was not, especially resilient. Those Abreu bombs are going to be fun all summer.

Brian26
04-10-2014, 10:54 PM
http://www.midatlanticgateway.com/resourcecenter/interviews/valentine/images/Wahoos_Leg_color.jpg

CoopaLoop
04-10-2014, 11:37 PM
It's a pleasure watching Abreu use that lumber.

Soxman219
04-11-2014, 12:02 AM
Sweep these Wahoos, hate them SO much.

JB98
04-11-2014, 12:05 AM
I hate Swisher, Raburn, Giambi and several other clowns who play for the Indians, so I'm very happy to finally beat those *******s.

It's been a tough day with the news of Garcia's injury, but a win tonight makes it a little better.

slavko
04-11-2014, 12:29 AM
Which team leads MLB in runs scored? Huh? Huh?

TomBradley72
04-11-2014, 05:50 AM
I can't remember a home run at the Cell in left center landing as high up in the bleachers at Abreu's- awesome-

I think Webb is the "closer in waiting"- they just don't want to rush him- especially with the time he lost in spring training due losing his mother-

This could be the season Alexei finally pulls it all together- could be headed for his first All Star appearance-

I see an infield of Davidson/Ramirez/Semian (or Micah Johnson)/Abreu for 2015 and beyond-

And of course- Dunn continues to completely suck- maybe he's the one to go when Davidson is ready in June.

Between A. Garcia's injury and De Aza now hitting .180- maybe it's time to start adding L. Garcia into the mix for LF? Especially vs. LHPs- (put Viciedo in RF?)

Railsplitter
04-11-2014, 07:52 AM
:redface: I didn't realize the Sox were playing last night until I saw the paper this morning. :redface:

aryzner
04-11-2014, 07:55 AM
I want to listen to the sound of Abreu's bat on the first homer all day and all night. It was like my favorite song ever written, except in baseball form.

smac38
04-11-2014, 09:01 AM
Which team leads MLB in runs scored? Huh? Huh?

I love it. The only problem is their pitching is 4th worst in runs allowed. That needs to get cleaned up fast.

Irishsox1
04-11-2014, 10:28 AM
In the Ken Burn's baseball documentary former Negro Leaguer Buck O'Neil was talking about that you can tell a great hitter by the sound of their hits. I never really bought into it because different types of bats and whatnot but now I think I know what he means.

The sound of Abrau's second homerun in Colorado had such a distinct sound that I stopped and replayed it a couple of times. It was loud, clear and solid but then he did it again yesterday with the homer to left center. It's no accident because the sound in Colorado was the same sound as the one in Chicago. All I can say is the sound of Abrau's solid hits are very unique.

ElevenUp
04-11-2014, 10:37 AM
In the Ken Burn's baseball documentary former Negro Leaguer Buck O'Neil was talking about that you can tell a great hitter by the sound of their hits. I never really bought into it because different types of bats and whatnot but now I think I know what he means.

The sound of Abrau's second homerun in Colorado had such a distinct sound that I stopped and replayed it a couple of times. It was loud, clear and solid but then he did it again yesterday with the homer to left center. It's no accident because the sound in Colorado was the same sound as the one in Chicago. All I can say is the sound of Abrau's solid hits are very unique.

My son and I sat down to watch some of the game in the Bottom of the 5th. It was the first time my son has really sat down to watch the Sox this year. When Abreu came up I told him to watch because this guy really knows how to hit. He hit that bomb and we just turned to each other and smiled. After the replay my kid said you could tell that ball was gone by the sound it made off the bat.

ChiSoxGal85
04-11-2014, 10:42 AM
What I want know is: who's going to make a ringtone out of Abreu's HRs? :D: