PDA

View Full Version : Random question about baseball caps

Fisk72
08-09-2002, 04:25 PM
I've noticed this for quite a while now but I've never asked. Why do some ballplayers wear their caps cockeyed? You know what I mean, their brims are shooting out over their right or left eyebrow. They may think it's a new fashion but I personally think it looks pretty ridiculous.

Chisox_cali
08-09-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Fisk72
I've noticed this for quite a while now but I've never asked. Why do some ballplayers wear their caps cockeyed? You know what I mean, their brims are shooting out over their right or left eyebrow. They may think it's a new fashion but I personally think it looks pretty ridiculous.

I HATE THAT SO MUCH. I've talked about it on this board for ever. Which in turn means I hate:

Mike Cameron
Toriiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Hunter
Christan Guzman
Hell the entire Twins team
C.C. Sabathia
That Blue Jay rookie I saw in the futures game, I think it's Orlando Hudson

Someone should bring a sign next time when the Sox and Twins play, sit in the bleachers, and have it say "Torii Your Hat is on crooked, FIX IT!"

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

doublem23
08-09-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

I HATE THAT SO MUCH. I've talked about it on this board for ever. Which in turn means I hate:

Mike Cameron
Toriiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Hunter
Christan Guzman
Hell the entire Twins team
C.C. Sabathia
That Blue Jay rookie I saw in the futures game, I think it's Orlando Hudson

Someone should bring a sign next time when the Sox and Twins play, sit in the bleachers, and have it say "Torii Your Hat is on crooked, FIX IT!"

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Why don't you tell us what you REALLY think? :)

Chisox_cali
08-09-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Why don't you tell us what you REALLY think? :)

"Stupid Anger Managment Class...I HATE IT SO MUCH!!!!" :D:

Jerry_Manuel
08-09-2002, 04:51 PM
I like it.

WhiteSox = Life
08-09-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Fisk72

Hawk and DJ constantly remind us that the reason some of the players wear their caps to the side is because they're southpaws (which I don't believe is a good reason as you'll soon see). As for the others... ??? I don't think any excuse could fly because...

1. Take your glove off for 3 seconds and adjust your cap;
2. Use your glove and your free hand to center you cap.

Honestly, I know some athletes aren't exactly rocket scientists, or to a lesser extent, brain surgeons, but this is just ridiculous. :D:

Chisox_cali
08-09-2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life

Hawk and DJ constantly remind us that the reason some of the players wear their caps to the side is because they're southpaws (which I don't believe is a good reason as you'll soon see). As for the others... ??? I don't think any excuse could fly because...

1. Take your glove off for 3 seconds and adjust your cap;
2. Use your glove and your free hand to center you cap.

Honestly, I know some athletes aren't exactly rocket scientists, or to a lesser extent, brain surgeons, but this is just ridiculous. :D:

Cameron and hunter are both righty's, so they have no excuse. I'm surprised that there isn't some uniform rule, that says you can't were your hat like that. With the yankees having that no facial hair/jewelry thing and all.

Also I've noticed that when Red Sox players are interviewed there is a dress code chart or something behind them? I find that strange because Pedro cuts the sleeve of his pitching arm, and Manny unbuttons the top 3 or 4 buttons on his jersey, which is extremely baggy as well.

Dadawg_77
08-09-2002, 05:48 PM
Every major league club has one of those in the locker room. It basically says what goes into a uniform, not how to wear it. I remember reading the thing while in the Sox clubhouse during the season ticket reception this off season.

doublem23
08-09-2002, 07:08 PM
I personally don't care how they wear their hat. We had a kid who wore his hat like that, too. He performed day in and day out, so no one seemed to care.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-09-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
I personally don't care how they wear their hat. We had a kid who wore his hat like that, too. He performed day in and day out, so no one seemed to care.

How about the Mariners pitcher tonight? He looks like his team did a circlejerk on his head.

LOL!!

Daver
08-09-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

How about the Mariners pitcher tonight?

That's in the running for tasteless and pointless post of the week.

voodoochile
08-09-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Cameron and hunter are both righty's, so they have no excuse. I'm surprised that there isn't some uniform rule, that says you can't were your hat like that. With the yankees having that no facial hair/jewelry thing and all.

Also I've noticed that when Red Sox players are interviewed there is a dress code chart or something behind them? I find that strange because Pedro cuts the sleeve of his pitching arm, and Manny unbuttons the top 3 or 4 buttons on his jersey, which is extremely baggy as well.

Maybe they have lopsided heads, then what do you do, fine them for being born wrong?

doublem23
08-09-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Maybe they have lopsided heads, then what do you do, fine them for being born wrong?

I think that's implied, voodoo.

Procol Harum
08-09-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Kinda reminds me of poor ol' Britt Burns--his hat was already on cockeyed and he could never keep it on to save his life. They even tried to keep it on w/ bobby pins but it would still come flyin' off his melon on every pitch.... :D:

Pete_SSAC
08-10-2002, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

How about the Mariners pitcher tonight? He looks like his team did a circlejerk on his head.

LOL!!

Wow, even I don't say those things!

- Pete, who's going back into hiding now.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-10-2002, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC

Wow, even I don't say those things!

- Pete, who's going back into hiding now.

LOL!!! Where's sideshow when we really need him.

LMAO!!!!