PDA

View Full Version : Cuban pipeline

A. Cavatica
04-09-2014, 05:27 PM
The Sox seem to be the best place in the majors for a Cuban player to land. I hope that means something when Cuba/US trade opens up, because there is going to be a flood of Cuban talent coming over. There must be White Sox scouts -- nationals of other countries, of course, so they can legally do business in Cuba -- preparing for that day.

guillensdisciple
04-09-2014, 07:10 PM
The Sox seem to be the best place in the majors for a Cuban player to land. I hope that means something when Cuba/US trade opens up, because there is going to be a flood of Cuban talent coming over. There must be White Sox scouts -- nationals of other countries, of course, so they can legally do business in Cuba -- preparing for that day.

Extremely proud of this as a half Cuban. Told my dad the other day that the White Sox should be called the Cuban national team. I have never seen this many Cuban players in one lineup, and they are a pretty good showing of Cuban talent.

I know the Dominican is a talent pool brimming at the top, but I think Cuba could be a gold mine as well. If and when the trade opens, I expect a huge influx to the game.

amsteel
04-09-2014, 07:41 PM
I do think part of Abreu's decision was knowing that there were two other Cuban players had made the transition in Chicago. It's a nice sustainable system.

Is it reasonable to think that once it's realizable there will be a team in Havana? There was a AAA there til 1959.

guillensdisciple
04-09-2014, 07:57 PM
I do think part of Abreu's decision was knowing that there were two other Cuban players had made the transition in Chicago. It's a nice sustainable system.

Is it reasonable to think that once it's realizable there will be a team in Havana? There was a AAA there til 1959.

Really? That's cool, I never knew that. Would be interesting to see.

Shoeless
04-10-2014, 02:12 PM

Williams had some good success with Cubans and Rick has taken over.