PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Bears 15, Broncos 3 Postgame Thread

thomas35forever
04-08-2014, 10:54 PM
Could use a few more TD passes from Cutler, but I'll take it.

LoveYourSuit
04-08-2014, 10:59 PM
Finally White Sox base fund again.

Been a long time.

LoveYourSuit
04-08-2014, 11:05 PM
Tyler Flowers currently leads the AL in AVG.

Go look at his picture:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/statistics

:rolling:

It will rain pigs tomorrow.

Brian26
04-08-2014, 11:05 PM
A glimpse of the future. Eaton and Semien getting on base. Garcia and Abreu driving them in. Nice game.

amsteel
04-08-2014, 11:08 PM
That was fun. Let's do it again tomorrow.

guillensdisciple
04-08-2014, 11:09 PM
For 4-4 this ballclub has me feeling good.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
04-08-2014, 11:10 PM
60 more wins!

doublem23
04-08-2014, 11:11 PM
A glimpse of the future. Eaton and Semien getting on base. Garcia and Abreu driving them in. Nice game.

And Quintana twirling a gem

Brian26
04-08-2014, 11:17 PM
Defense was solid tonight too. Tanks chasing balls down in the dark, Abreu throwing against his body to nail runners at second, Alexei scooping up balls. Good game all around.

Team should be 5-3 and could easily be 6-2, but 4-4 is fine. They are fun to watch so far.

thomas35forever
04-08-2014, 11:46 PM

Go look at his picture:

Better question: why is Emilio Bonifacio still wearing a Blue Jays cap?

Soxman219
04-08-2014, 11:50 PM

Go look at his picture:

Abreu leading in RBI and Sale leading in wins, get the playoff tickets ready.

MUsoxfan
04-09-2014, 12:14 AM
Baseball is fun again. It's really, really fun again

IronFisk
04-09-2014, 12:28 AM
This team is fun. Fun is this team.

soxfanreggie
04-09-2014, 12:29 AM

Go look at his picture:

With Alexei in 5th to boot! When's the last time we had two people in the top five on that list, even this early in the season.

Side note: great to see my two favorite MLB pitchers, Sale and MB, with two wins. MB just threw two great games! I really hope he reaches 200 wins this year, as I think he deserves a much better overall record than 187-142. It was sad to see his seasons with an ERA below 3.75 with records such as 10-9 and 13-13

aryzner
04-09-2014, 07:38 AM
Defense was solid tonight too. Tanks chasing balls down in the dark, Abreu throwing against his body to nail runners at second, Alexei scooping up balls. Good game all around.

Team should be 5-3 and could easily be 6-2, but 4-4 is fine. They are fun to watch so far.

My only problem with the defense last night is that Gillaspie has to catch that liner. I don't care how hard it was hit, a good third baseman has to have that. He also threw a ball in the dirt to Abreu that he ended up making a nice pick on. With Abreu's early prowess at 1B, I was concerned, but hopefully they (Konerko, I'm looking at you!) have been working with him on that stuff.

Railsplitter
04-09-2014, 07:48 AM
Rocky Mountain High!
:bandance:

Chez
04-09-2014, 08:17 AM
The old me would have posted that after scoring 15, the Sox would probably get shut out or score one run today. But that's the old me so I won't post that.

TomBradley72
04-09-2014, 08:35 AM
My random $0.02

10 years since WSox have had 2 guys with mult homers in same game (Uribe and PK)
Abreu- 10+ pitches leads to a 3 run HR- when's the last time a Sox hitter did that? Frank?
The team chemistry seems VERY strong- the energy in the dugout is the best I've seen since at least 2008- with all the new pieces- good to see so early in the season.
Quintana is awesome and has been for 2+ years now-
Very exciting offense- adding Davidson in June- with the warm weather- could make this offense alot of fun in 2014-
Just one of the funnest games in years- this team has a "1990" feel to me- but it's very early-
Semian is starting to come on- Gordon is headed for "Wally Pipp" status- but they will prob need to play him to create some trade value.
Time for Hahn to find us a #2 starter and a closer for the pennant race! :gulp:

ChiSoxGal85
04-09-2014, 08:52 AM
I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a Sox blowout, although Brian26 pointed out in the game thread that the Sox beat the Twins 12-1 last September. Like many others last season, I probably wasn't watching.

Great offensive explosion, a couple of guys breaking out of their slumps and Quintana getting it done. Yes!:bandance:

I agree that Gillaspie's defense needs work - he can make a tough play and then botch a relatively routine one the next inning. The throws in the dirt to Abreu are troublesome - Konerko might pick them out, but Conor's gotta throw better to Jose.

Keep letting the kids play, Robin.

doublem23
04-09-2014, 09:05 AM
Very exciting offense- adding Davidson in June- with the warm weather- could make this offense alot of fun in 2014-
[/LIST]

Davidson also off to a very hot start in Charlotte, .348/.400/.565 with 5 doubles and 3 RBI in 6 games.

TomBradley72
04-09-2014, 09:25 AM
I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a Sox blowout, although Brian26 pointed out in the game thread that the Sox beat the Twins 12-1 last September. Like many others last season, I probably wasn't watching.

Great offensive explosion, a couple of guys breaking out of their slumps and Quintana getting it done. Yes!:bandance:

I agree that Gillaspie's defense needs work - he can make a tough play and then botch a relatively routine one the next inning. The throws in the dirt to Abreu are troublesome - Konerko might pick them out, but Conor's gotta throw better to Jose.

Keep letting the kids play, Robin.

Gillaspie's defense is the reason he is headed for a utility/platoon role- he gets over exposed when he plays every day- but a nice LH alternative on the bench for 1B/3B/DH-

cards press box
04-09-2014, 09:34 AM
60 more wins!

Nah, this team will be better than that. All signs are that the Sox are on the upswing.

My only problem with the defense last night is that Gillaspie has to catch that liner. I don't care how hard it was hit, a good third baseman has to have that. He also threw a ball in the dirt to Abreu that he ended up making a nice pick on. With Abreu's early prowess at 1B, I was concerned, but hopefully they (Konerko, I'm looking at you!) have been working with him on that stuff.

Davidson also off to a very hot start in Charlotte, .348/.400/.565 with 5 doubles and 3 RBI in 6 games.

Davidson might well be here by June. And, yes, maybe the Sox will deal an infielder to add starting pitching or perhaps add depth at another position.

As for last night's game,

:winner

doublem23
04-09-2014, 09:36 AM
Gillaspie's defense is the reason he is headed for a utility/platoon role- he gets over exposed when he plays every day- but a nice LH alternative on the bench for 1B/3B/DH-

Agreed, a lot like De Aza in that regard, definitely not the kind of guy you want starting every single day, but has enough talent and skill and defensive flexibility that he's still worth your time to consider as a platoon/4th OF type.

jsg-07
04-09-2014, 09:47 AM
My random $0.02
10 years since WSox have had 2 guys with mult homers in same game (Uribe and PK)
Abreu- 10+ pitches leads to a 3 run HR- when's the last time a Sox hitter did that? Frank?
The team chemistry seems VERY strong- the energy in the dugout is the best I've seen since at least 2008- with all the new pieces- good to see so early in the season.
Just one of the funnest games in years- this team has a "1990" feel to me- but it's very early-
Semian is starting to come on- Gordon is headed for "Wally Pipp" status- but they will prob need to play him to create some trade value.

That was such an amazing at bat and it has me really excited about Abreu. Looking at the pitch track on that, that ball looked to be about 8 inches inside too and he nailed it. Loved the opposite field HR later as well.

So exciting to be able to enjoy Sox baseball again this year. I hate to even say it but I'm even more excited to see what Hahn can do at the trade deadline and more importantly, the offseason in terms of pitching with a little $ to spend.

ChiSoxGirl
04-09-2014, 10:16 AM
My random $0.02

This was most evident after Abreu hit his first home run last night. The camera showed him alone in the dugout, and then all of a sudden, Quintana and a couple other guys started jumping on him with excitement and got Abreu to smile. When I saw this, I thought to myself, "When is the last time our dugout had that much energy and excitement in it?" It was definitely great to see, and hopefully it continues throughout the course of the year.

Foulke You
04-09-2014, 10:32 AM
This was most evident after Abreu hit his first home run last night. The camera showed him alone in the dugout, and then all of a sudden, Quintana and a couple other guys started jumping on him with excitement and got Abreu to smile. When I saw this, I thought to myself, "When is the last time our dugout had that much energy and excitement in it?" It was definitely great to see, and hopefully it continues throughout the course of the year.
I've noticed the increased energy in the dugout as well. Last year was one of the deadest teams I've ever seen in so many ways so it is a welcome sight to see energy and enthusiasm early in 2014.

PalehosePlanet
04-09-2014, 10:34 AM
It's early, but it's still a wonderful sight to see the Sox leading the majors in runs scored. Especially since we had our worst offensive team in over 80 years last year.

Overall I expect a lot of growing pains and rookie mistakes this year, but by what is already evident, even this early in the season, it certainly won't be from a lack of effort. Everyone is busting ass and hustling -- love seeing that.

34 Inch Stick
04-09-2014, 10:43 AM
The middle of the order seems so much more potent when Dunn is eliminated from it

TomBradley72
04-09-2014, 11:02 AM
Agreed, a lot like De Aza in that regard, definitely not the kind of guy you want starting every single day, but has enough talent and skill and defensive flexibility that he's still worth your time to consider as a platoon/4th OF type.

Completely agree- love them both as bench/platoon guys- but they are not starters on a play off caliber team-

TomBradley72
04-09-2014, 11:04 AM

I had the EXACT same reaction- with all of the new players- it's pretty amazing that their chemistry is at this level on April 9th-

Shoeless
04-09-2014, 11:07 AM
The middle of the order seems so much more potent when Dunn is eliminated from it

I'm kind of done with the old guys. I like Konerko, but I have to think about whether the good guys are better with Jordan Danks in the majors or with Konerko. Honestly, I'm not convinced Konerko helps.

BigKlu59
04-09-2014, 11:10 AM
:bandance: Offensive explosion.....Nice to see what this line up can do if all cylinders are firing. Cant wait for the weather to get warm, so we can see Abreu start launchin long flys at the Cell... Great plate discipline, as has been stated that we've not seen in awhile. 4-4, We have Detriot just where we want them..:D: Who knows, if this team can hang around and ahve some late inning heroics, they just might surprise alot of people. We can all dream, cant we?

BK59

Shoeless
04-09-2014, 11:11 AM
We have Detriot just where we want them..:D:

Downgraded to a Minor league franchise?

harwar
04-09-2014, 11:20 AM
Avisail Garcia looks like a different player the past couple of games, both offensively and in the field .. i'm thinking that the weather might have been the cause of him looking so stiff out there in right field .. nice to see him walk with some swagger .. i really like this guy and want him to do well..

mccoydp
04-09-2014, 11:28 AM
Damned fine game last night. I had to turn it off when the Sox had scored 13, but I slept in peace knowing that they would win :D:

hawkjt
04-09-2014, 11:31 AM
Now that's entertainment, gang!

Quintana is looking more and more like Jimmy Key out there. Now, if only he can figure out how to maintain his command out of the stretch. Love that hitch in his full windup,which I really think bothers hitters.

Abreu's 12 pitch at bat was amazing. He mentioned it after the game as a huge at bat for him. It seems like he is communicating with most everyone in the dugout...does he know ''baseball english''?

I do not think it is a coincidence that the Cubans are all off to great starts. Dayan, Alexei and Jose are all looking very happy and relaxed out there. I contrast what I have seen from Abreu with the antics from Puig of the Dodgers and I am so happy with the maturity of Jose. He seems like a true pro.

Siemien is hitting his stride...love it.
Flowers is in an incredible streak...can it really be the new hitting coach and slight changes to his stance? He is dangerous right now.

Avisail Garcia turned on a couple of pitches for a change,and out it flew. Watching him run to 1st base to beat out that infield single is almost as cool as watching him hit homers....guy can flat out fly!

I am a Gilaspie fan, as I love short lefty strokes...he is adequate in the field. I do not miss Keppinger one bit so far. If Davidson can be our righty platoon in June with Conner...all good.

Now, can the boys not get carried away with their homer strokes and keep pounding out hits going forward? Hope so.

Right now, we need Erik Johnson to be decent, and Paulino also...and the bullpen to come together, and this could be a fun summer!

LITTLE NELL
04-09-2014, 11:35 AM
I know its only 8 games but the Sox are 1st in the A.L. in runs scored with 50, 1st in homers with 12 and first in batting average at .290. When was the last time that has happened? If the hitting keeps up we could really be scary good this year if we can get something out of Paulino and Johnson. 3 big IFs there but its spring so right now we need good thoughts.

JB98
04-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Avisail Garcia looks like a different player the past couple of games, both offensively and in the field .. i'm thinking that the weather might have been the cause of him looking so stiff out there in right field .. nice to see him walk with some swagger .. i really like this guy and want him to do well..

Garcia had some bad at-bats the first week, and I wonder if he took those bad ABs out to RF with him. Sometimes you do see a young player, especially one that is expected to hit, allow poor performance at the plate to affect his defense. Don't know for sure if that was the case with Garcia, but it's possible.

I think he's going to be a real good player for us. But he is only 22, so it stands to reason he's still going to have some ups and downs.

TomBradley72
04-09-2014, 12:14 PM
I'm kind of done with the old guys. I like Konerko, but I have to think about whether the good guys are better with Jordan Danks in the majors or with Konerko. Honestly, I'm not convinced Konerko helps.

I think Danks would help- but I'd rather have PK and move Dunn-

Shoeless
04-09-2014, 12:20 PM
I think Danks would help- but I'd rather have PK and move Dunn-

I can certainly agree with you on that and that is the best of all cases, but the White Sox weren't really in a position to cut Dunn whereas the good guys and Konerko could have parted ways.

Noneck
04-09-2014, 12:33 PM
I can certainly agree with you on that and that is the best of all cases, but the White Sox weren't really in a position to cut Dunn whereas the good guys and Konerko could have parted ways.

The only way now that Paul is gone if he chooses that. Dunn there is still a remote possibility of getting rid of him later in the season. It would be nice to be able to DH De Aza, Viciedo and Paul and have Danks for defense.

LITTLE NELL
04-09-2014, 01:17 PM
The only way now that Paul is gone if he chooses that. Dunn there is still a remote possibility of getting rid of him later in the season. It would be nice to be able to DH De Aza, Viciedo and Paul and have Danks for defense.

Let's cross our fingers on that.
Actually I think Viciedo needs to play everyday, he's too young to put him in a platoon role, we need to give him one more year and hope he comes around to what we all thought was going to be a highly productive player. I would like to see a platoon of PK and DeAza at DH, right now PK is just taking up a spot on the roster, if we are going to keep him, let's see if there's any gas left in the tank.

doublem23
04-09-2014, 01:29 PM

For those of you who haven't seen

http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/assets/4265771/abreu_first.gif

Looks like Quintana, De Aza, and Alexei

34 Inch Stick
04-09-2014, 02:17 PM

It's going to get really tight if Davidson does well in AAA. Then you have both Paulie and Dunn taking up potential AB from guys with a future.

CoopaLoop
04-09-2014, 02:47 PM
My random $0.02

Good list. As for Davidson, it's early but in six games .348/.400/.565

A. Cavatica
04-09-2014, 05:20 PM
This team is fun and is going to win some games other teams take for granted. I can already tell I projected too few wins -- and I'm just fine with that.