PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 3-31 Opening Day; DeAza twin bombs; SOX 5 MIN 3 Postgamer

Frater Perdurabo
03-31-2014, 06:48 PM
Nice crisp opener!

Frater Perdurabo
03-31-2014, 06:51 PM
Good to see multi-hit games from several regulars, especially Eaton, Abreu and Garcia.

aryzner
Two things from me, I know everyone else who posts in here will say the rest.

1. Adam Eaton - Loved watching his ABs today. Even the 11 pitch one in the 7th. I hope he makes pitchers work like that all year long. Even watching him run out his groundouts was great - he really hustles down the line.

2. Jose Abreu - Hit the ball hard in every AB. So awesome.

I haven't been this excited to watch the White Sox in quite some time.

Boondock Saint
Baseball is back, and the kids are looking good.

Over By There
03-31-2014, 06:52 PM
A lot to like about today. Abreu is going to be a lot of fun to watch.

:soxwin:

MtGrnwdSoxFan
03-31-2014, 06:53 PM
Abreu is a monster. He's gonna hit some balls a long long way, and make it look effortless. Eaton looked pretty nice too.

Hell of a game by De Aza.

63 more wins to beat last season's record! The countdown starts now!

cheezheadsoxfan
03-31-2014, 06:58 PM
That was enjoyable! Let's have more like that.:smile:

sunofgold
03-31-2014, 06:59 PM
Love the new look lineup. Player of the month for march Da da batting low in the order allowing him to feel free to hit hrs. No viciedo, no Konerko. Nice to see a new top of EatOn, Simeon, gilligan and JAb.

SoxSpeed22
03-31-2014, 07:02 PM
I can definitely get used to these new guys. Abreu is going to be a lot of fun to watch, Sale was Sale and De Aza showed off his power. Great start to the season.

WhiteSox5187
03-31-2014, 07:02 PM
I didn't get a chance to watch much of the game but I heard it on the radio, I think it will be a very entertaining year.

TheVulture
03-31-2014, 07:04 PM
gilligan and JAb.

I can't get behind those...

That said, go Sox!

Did they announce Lindstrom as the closer or did he just happen to pick this one up?

Gillaspie third, eh? Well, he has always had a sweet swing I guess we'll see if it translates to success.

sunofgold
03-31-2014, 07:07 PM

That said, go Sox!

Dizzy and Jo Abrewski?

russ99
03-31-2014, 07:10 PM
Dizzy and Jo Abrewski?

I thought De Aza was Deezy. Lol.

Noir
03-31-2014, 07:15 PM
JB, hope you don't get mad at this: The Twins are crappy. They are perpetual losers.

LITTLE NELL
03-31-2014, 07:23 PM
JB, hope you don't get mad at this: The Twins are crappy. They are perpetual losers.

I'm not saying the Sox are going to win the division but you don't win the division by losing to lousy teams.
It's always nice to win the opener regardless who the opponent is.

TDog
03-31-2014, 07:26 PM
A very nice way to start the season. It's nice to win with Sale giving up three runs, a long way from what I expect will be his best this year. It was nice to see he had some margin for error.

Good days at the plate for De Aza, of course, and Abreu, but also Eaton and Gillaspie. Gillaspie's double really was the turning point I the game, setting up the ultimate game-winning RBI from Abreu and manufactured sacrifice fly, sort of the antithesis of the sacrifice fly Dunn lost last year because of bad baserunning (if you're looking for turnarounds).

Eaton looked like he did a couple of years ago in the PCL. Watching Abreu, though, I was most impressed with the way the ball jumped off his bat on pitches both off the plate in and off the plate. I was impressed with his contact. Recent Cubans coming up to the Chicago for April baseball haven't made so much contact.

Overall, I was impressed with the contact made by most of the team, keeping strikeouts to a minimum. Maybe Nolasco didn't settle in to his first Twins start until the third inning, but the Sox seemed to be making better contact than they did against even lesser pitchers last season. Dunn popping out instead of striking out turned out to be pivotal in the game.

It was also nice to see Daryl Boston didn't get rid of his winter beard, even if he did trim it.

tstrike2000
03-31-2014, 07:31 PM
Nice win for the Sox, all the way around.

vinny
03-31-2014, 07:33 PM

That said, go Sox!

Did they announce Lindstrom as the closer or did he just happen to pick this one up?

Gillaspie third, eh? Well, he has always had a sweet swing I guess we'll see if it translates to success.

Robin said before the game he's the closer for now. Webb to do long relief.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-matt-lindstrom-named-closer-20140331,0,6531620.story

Brian26
03-31-2014, 07:35 PM
My favorite thing to do on the L ride home is total up the scorecard. This one took about five minutes. Thank you Chris Sale!

Shoeless
03-31-2014, 07:36 PM
No way either Dunn or Konerko starts over Abreu unless it's to spell him. That man is a baseball player. Glad to see good things from all the young guys.

soxnut1018
03-31-2014, 07:41 PM
Best Sox game I've been to in 18 months. Abreu looked every bit as good as I hoped he would. Loved Eaton's approach at the plate. Sale is still Sale, so that's good.

Tlou_2lMLAc

guillensdisciple
03-31-2014, 08:06 PM
Just finished my DVR recording 10 minutes ago post work. Some observations.

This year will be far more exciting than the previous few, because the Sox are finally trying something new. I don't know where this team will go, but I am okay with the idea and perfectly happy watching it grow.

Adam Eaton looks the part of a lead off hitter. He fought through pitches well, and runs exceptionally well too.

I liked Semien- I thought he made solid contact, and had the bat taken out of his hands once.

Abreu is the key for this club. We could be a .500 club if he performs to expectations. All pundits, Stoney, and Hawk seem to think he will be the real deal, and from what he showed today, it may be the case that he is. You can tell he has some serious power, but he showed something far more important to me- his ability to make contact on any type of pitch. He pushed the ball opposite field, hit a pitch low and inside twice, and generally made solid contact.

Besides that, great job all around, barring the one guy I have disliked for years now (don't need to mention his name, you know who I am talking about).

Liked the stuff out of Belisario's arm- he had some serious movement.

1-0 is not a bad start. Baseball is unlike every sport in the fact that every year is fresh hope for every team in the bigs until the middle of April. I'm not predicting anything for this team, but hey, one can dream.

eastchicagosoxfan
03-31-2014, 08:07 PM
The second game always looks better when you're 1-0. Way to go Sox, and keep it going.

soxfan21
03-31-2014, 08:50 PM
Great game to be at, team looks a lot better this year than last year, and it looks like everyone is having more fun! I was 2 seats away from where the first De Aza bomb was hit!

thomas35forever
03-31-2014, 09:27 PM
Great day to be at the ballpark. The weather cooperated and I liked that I didn't need to wear my jacket for most of a March 31 game.

Sale did his usual thing, De Aza was fantastic and I got what I expected from Eaton and Abreu, the two newbies I'm most excited about.

Just to elaborate on Dunn's unorthodox sac fly, I thought the ball was heading in the other direction, but then saw Floriman make a nice running catch in foul territory. What followed was maybe the best play I've seen from any White Sox player in some time: Gillaspie tagging up and hustling to beat the throw and score a critical run. If we can get this smart decision-making from everyone, 2014 is going to be a much better season. I already thought it would be, but to see how they'll do it is just as thrilling.

Tragg
03-31-2014, 09:28 PM
Nice win. Sox own opening day.
Strange lineup - I figured De Aza would hit 2nd or 3rd, and Alexie 6 and just switch when Viciedo plays.

shingo10
03-31-2014, 09:34 PM
No errors!!

Very pleased to see that.

Think Jose will be hitting 3rd in no time as he appears to be our best hitter by quite a bit. (not just counting today but spring as well.)

dakuda
03-31-2014, 09:37 PM
The last few year, I recall MLB had the recap/highlight videos up shortly after the games. I can't seem to find one for this game (it ended as I drove home). Am I missing something?

JB98
03-31-2014, 09:49 PM
The best thing about this Sox performance: No errors. Defense is my biggest concern coming into the year. The Sox beat themselves so many times last year and looked sloppy at times in spring training as well. Not today. Nice, crisp victory.

The Twins are crappy. They are perpetual losers.

AnkleSox
03-31-2014, 09:56 PM
Would love to see Sale continually actually get some run support this year and win the Cy Young. This is a good start.

Zakath
03-31-2014, 10:03 PM
I love winning. It's so much better than losing.

Didn't get to see it but heard it. As long as this team keeps giving effort every day, I don't care what the scoreboard says or what the standings are at the end of the season - it'll be a good foundation for years to come.

At least we're guaranteed one winning month this season. :D:

That being said, can we please find a way to not have Kurt Suzuki be league MVP against us? Third different uniform he's in, and the guy just gets off on doing damage to the Sox.

sunofgold
03-31-2014, 10:15 PM
Dang did we even try to sign Suzuki. He would have been a good, cheap catcher for us. I do think we have will solid at every other position and then just bat our catcher ninth and just expect decent defense and pitcher handling at minimum. But, Suzuki was out there. I didn't know. Lol.

mccoydp
03-31-2014, 10:35 PM
Exciting game to start the season. I think I am going to like Abreu :D:

Great win by Sale. I'm looking forward to the rest of this season!

ChiSoxGirl
03-31-2014, 10:36 PM
This was my ninth consecutive Opening Day and 13th since 2000, and the weather was only better than today three of those times. We were up in Sec. 531 and the wind was insane; I've got some major wind burn happening. However, given what we just dealt with this winter, I'm definitely pleased with and grateful for how nice the weather was today, despite the wind. And as you can see from the attached picture, our vantage point this afternoon was awesome!

What a great game, and I love the fact that it was errorless. We lost so many games last season due to our own ineptness on the field, so it's nice to have seen a clean, crisp game played. I also felt and saw more excitement at today's game than I did at any of the 15 games I attended all last season. The potential definitely exists for an intriguing summer on the South Side.

Adam Eaton is already highly impressive; dude takes pitches, fights some off, and seems to give pitchers fits on the base paths. Jose Abreu hits the ball hard and I'm looking forward to see what he can do on a consistent basis.

Railsplitter
03-31-2014, 10:46 PM
Good start. Now to see my favorite Dancing fruit 100 more times before the end of the regular season,
:bandance:

Soxman219
03-31-2014, 11:44 PM
Great game today. Sale was great, the new guys hit well, and no errors!:gulp:

1-0

FielderJones
04-01-2014, 12:00 AM
Very enjoyable Opening Day when it includes a White Sox Winner. This was Mrs FJ's very first Opening Day and she had a great time. This team is so much more entertaining than last year's model. They may not win the AL Central, but they're going to be fun to watch this summer.

DSpivack
04-01-2014, 12:13 AM
Nice win. Sox own opening day.
Strange lineup - I figured De Aza would hit 2nd or 3rd, and Alexie 6 and just switch when Viciedo plays.
The lineup looked strange to me beforehand, but JB98 made the point that it was likely to break up the 3 lefties in the lineup and have them go 1-3-5-7.

The best thing about this Sox performance: No errors. Defense is my biggest concern coming into the year. The Sox beat themselves so many times last year and looked sloppy at times in spring training as well. Not today. Nice, crisp victory.

:cool:

ChiSoxGal85
04-01-2014, 12:20 AM
Not much to add that hasn't been said already. I'll reiterate that I'm an Eaton fan - I hope he can keep that intensity up for 162+. Abreu looked terrific, and props to De Aza with the homers. Chris Sale finally got some run support today!

I know not many here are Gillaspie fans, but I'm rooting for him while he's here. I like how the kid plays.

Thank you, JB...it is now *officially* White Sox baseball season. :D:

HomeFish
04-01-2014, 12:54 AM
I was so excited about Abreu going 2-for-4 that I forgot to even notice that Eaton had a multi-hit game too.

Jose Abreu is getting major national attention. Been a white since somebody on the Sox got that for something other than running his mouth from the dugout or having a historically bad year at the plate. Hope he keeps living up to the hype.

Aesero
04-01-2014, 01:02 AM
Dsnb

TomBradley72
04-01-2014, 04:10 AM
Perfect Opening Day- great game, new guys were very impressive- park looked beautiful- Bossard is a genius, liked the new "Home of the Chicago White Sox" look behind home plate (including the retired numbers)-

All of the new beer, cocktail (Xfinity Zone) and food options are great - very nice improvements- I think this franchise is back on track across the board- from the players on the field to the overall experience attending a game- very impressive start to 2014-congratulations to both Rick Hahn and Brooks Boyer- well done-

doublem23
04-01-2014, 04:58 AM
Even if this team stinks this year, they should be a lot more enjoyable to watch.

Here's Hawk messing up the 1st HR call of the season...

http://m.mlb.com/cws/video/?c_id=cws&content_id=31735589&topic_id=42930092

SBSoxFan
04-01-2014, 09:30 AM
All of the new beer, cocktail (Xfinity Zone) and food options are great - very nice improvements- I think this franchise is back on track across the board- from the players on the field to the overall experience attending a game- very impressive start to 2014-congratulations to both Rick Hahn and Brooks Boyer- well done-

I had to upgrade my cable package so I could get CSN and I left work behind to catch the opener. It was well worth it to watch such a good game and the Sox bring home a win.

And, even though I watched the game from home, that didn't stop me from having a 3-lb banana split. :bandance:

We also had bacon (but it was really pineapple) on a stick!

Fisk Fan
04-01-2014, 09:56 AM
Even if this team stinks this year, they should be a lot more enjoyable to watch.

Here's Hawk messing up the 1st HR call of the season...

http://m.mlb.com/cws/video/?c_id=cws&content_id=31735589&topic_id=42930092

I thought it was hilarious when Hawk got angry at Semien for lolli-popping a throw in the 1st inning, too.

MISoxfan
04-01-2014, 10:14 AM
Perfect Opening Day- great game, new guys were very impressive- park looked beautiful- Bossard is a genius, liked the new "Home of the Chicago White Sox" look behind home plate (including the retired numbers)-

I think the numbers behind home plate should settle any debate on whether or not Konerko's number will be retired. Where did you find the new beer? I found anti-hero, but the midwest beer stand didn't carry two-hearted.

cards press box
04-01-2014, 10:47 AM
I love winning. It's so much better than losing.

How about it?

:winner

palehosepub
04-01-2014, 11:19 AM
Here's a surprising stat I heard- Sox have won 12 of last 13 home openers...I remember when the ballpark opened they started out terrible..

bunkaroo
04-01-2014, 11:49 AM
I think the numbers behind home plate should settle any debate on whether or not Konerko's number will be retired.

Noticed that right away - nice big gap where 14 would go.

Eaton looked fast as hell up the line watching from the third base.

Not sure why Alexei tried for two on his hit but ultimately didn't hurt us. Really surprised any balls got out yesterday with the way the wind was blowing in at times.

Some food comments:

Bacon on a stick - pretty decent. A lot of bacon for $5 considering corn is 4.50.

Chicken and waffle sandwich - huge and kind of messy, but pretty tasty.

No pierogies available yet at the stands listing them for sale.

They had one person working about 5 sections up in club level. People were getting a little restless.

hawkjt
04-01-2014, 12:03 PM
Random thoughts from a happy Sox fan:

1.Sale was tough. Only Suzuki could really hurt him with that two out base hit. Thought he would not come out for the 8th, and of course he promptly gives up a hit..that ultimately scored off of Bellesari(who I was not impressed with...hope he works out, but not liking what I saw).

Robin should have pulled Chris after 7 innings but I think he wanted to give Chris the standing ovation after being pulled....not good to be that emotional as manager.

2. Defense was good, on a very windy day, where you almost expect some misplayed balls....or balls getting lost in flying hot dog wrappers:D:

3. The newcomers were impressive offensively. Eaton looks like Pods of 2005 at the plate. Great.
Abreu hit a pitch off the outside corner like a rocket to right, and then an inside fastball down the line in left...plate coverage? oh yea.

4. Robin put up the L/R/L/R lineup and it worked. Lefties crushed their starter.
5. DeAza and Gilaspie are two guys that got dogged in the offseason,but they looked good yesterday....I like both guys.

6. Tank seemed glum not starting....maybe it will motivate him.

7. Flowers did a good job behind the plate and hit one rope.

8. Simien had first game jitters at the plate. Bad sac bunt effort/pop up, and another bad at bat later but he should settle down hopefully. Good in the field.

9. Alexei is buried at 9th, and he is one of our better hitters. I suspect we see him move up soon.

10. Avasail Garcia got a hit, and looks marvelous.

Go Sox, keep winning.

bunkaroo
04-01-2014, 12:52 PM
Random thoughts from a happy Sox fan:

2. Defense was good, on a very windy day, where you almost expect some misplayed balls....or balls getting lost in flying hot dog wrappers:D:

Well at least the Twins misplayed something - that was a gift sac fly Dunn got - should have been a pop out. Once again he can't execute with RISP and less than 2 outs.

smac38
04-01-2014, 01:13 PM
Well at least the Twins misplayed something - that was a gift sac fly Dunn got - should have been a pop out. Once again he can't execute with RISP and less than 2 outs.

I'm really hoping Konerko or someone else will be the go-to pinch hitter in these situations as the season progresses. I literally have ZERO confidence in Dunn to succeed in those situations. The fact that he even made contact was surprising in its own right.

Lemon44
04-01-2014, 01:18 PM
More random observations at Opening Day:

1. The Sale K-Zone section (154) was terrific. There were 3 shirt sizes to choose from, Adult XL, Adult M, and Youth XL. My boys had a lot of fun waving the K card, too. The staff even canvassed the section periodically to make sure everyone had a shirt and card. Outstanding.

2. Many people were late arriving. Entering the park is now more like an airport terminal. Cars parking in Lot D were under scanned by personnel, presumably for explosives. This did not happen to me for Lot F. Plan to arrive early if you think the game will be well-attended.

3. For those of you who live west or southwest, Pershing Ave. is under construction between Ashland and Racine. Traffic down to one lane in each direction and very slow going.

4. The drinking fountains were not functioning in the general left-field corner area - section 145 through the bleachers. Two were covered in plastic sheeting.

5. One beer man carries Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. He said he was excited to have it this year, but got a late start in selling it during the game because of some confusion in the stockroom.

6. The food lines were not overly long that I saw, but the Midwest Brews in 155 had a very long one. I think people are voting with their taste buds and the stations with high quality beer need more staffing.

7. Overall, the staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful.

harwar
04-01-2014, 03:05 PM
Made it through another winter and just so happy that baseball is back .. what an enjoyable game to watch, more please .. all i ask is that they play hard and play solid defense..

cards press box
04-01-2014, 03:20 PM

I'm really hoping Konerko or someone else will be the go-to pinch hitter in these situations as the season progresses. I literally have ZERO confidence in Dunn to succeed in those situations. The fact that he even made contact was surprising in its own right.

Dunn is what he is -- he is a three true outcome guy and is not great in RBI situations. He is not going to be anything different.

Dunn may end up batting lower in the order and that's OK. And he is only here for 2014 at most. If he has a decent first half, the Sox may deal him in June or July.

Harry Potter
04-01-2014, 03:28 PM
Here's a surprising stat I heard- Sox have won 12 of last 13 home openers...I remember when the ballpark opened they started out terrible..

Who could forget that 2007 debacle vs. Cleveland. Contreras lasted 1 inning, giving up 7 runs in the process http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CHA/CHA200704020.shtml

roylestillman
04-01-2014, 03:50 PM
More random observations at Opening Day:

1. The Sale K-Zone section (154) was terrific. There were 3 shirt sizes to choose from, Adult XL, Adult M, and Youth XL. My boys had a lot of fun waving the K card, too. The staff even canvassed the section periodically to make sure everyone had a shirt and card. Outstanding.

2. Many people were late arriving. Entering the park is now more like an airport terminal. Cars parking in Lot D were under scanned by personnel, presumably for explosives. This did not happen to me for Lot F. Plan to arrive early if you think the game will be well-attended.

3. For those of you who live west or southwest, Pershing Ave. is under construction between Ashland and Racine. Traffic down to one lane in each direction and very slow going.

4. The drinking fountains were not functioning in the general left-field corner area - section 145 through the bleachers. Two were covered in plastic sheeting.

5. One beer man carries Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. He said he was excited to have it this year, but got a late start in selling it during the game because of some confusion in the stockroom.

6. The food lines were not overly long that I saw, but the Midwest Brews in 155 had a very long one. I think people are voting with their taste buds and the stations with high quality beer need more staffing.

7. Overall, the staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful.

My observations ballpark related.

- I remembered that entry last year was a nightmare, so we packed up the tailgate a little early and were in line at Gate 5 by 2:25. I was in my seat by the Twins intro, so no complaints. Other folks I was with got to the gates at 2:50 and didn't get in until the third inning.

- The young woman at the bottom of the escalators at Gate 5 was all smiles and genuinely seemed excited to greet people.

Chi sox bar seems a little more laid back than Bicardi. Hope The whole louder than loud DJ Shtick is gone, too.

- Beer from the vendors is now $8 for Miller Lite. I hope somebody is doing the math on whether the price increase is worth the loss in sales. Summer Shandy is a nice option in the stands.

- Complaints about long lines at the concession stands remind me of the old Yogi Berra quote, "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded."

- My brother was over the moon about about Beggars Pizza. He forgave not getting a catcher in exchange for this off season pick up.

- Opening Montage: OK, the first intro was terrific, and I'm hoping it just wasn't for Opening Day, but that was followed up by that thing from last year with the muddy soundtrack. Oh and not including the hot dog lady, Ho Pun, in the memorial montage is nearly unforgivable.

That behind the plate paint job does look nice. Not as bright as the pictures Sunday were showing.

- Bravo for tweaking the out of town scoreboard. I can actually see the scores! Much nicer.

- I forgot what a full house does for the atmosphere of that place. One of the better crowds I've been with.

- Give credit where credit is due. Parking lot security in Lot A was great. For the first time in years, we weren't given the bum's rush out of the place after the game. It was nearly a full hour before the golf cart guys asked us, politely, to start packing up.

Chez
04-01-2014, 04:00 PM
I think the numbers behind home plate should settle any debate on whether or not Konerko's number will be retired. .

To me, it looked like there is enough room for two numbers to go into that space -- #14 for Paulie and I'm predicting #13 for Ozzie (never discount JR's loyalty).

Foulke You
04-01-2014, 04:32 PM
Who could forget that 2007 debacle vs. Cleveland. Contreras lasted 1 inning, giving up 7 runs in the process http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CHA/CHA200704020.shtml
I remember that one. Jose Contreras was served with divorce papers the morning of the game. He looked glazed over from first pitch.

smac38
04-01-2014, 04:48 PM
I remember that one. Jose Contreras was served with divorce papers the morning of the game. He looked glazed over from first pitch.

I knew his marriage had fallen apart, but I never knew that. What a see you next Tuesday.

Harry Potter
04-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Chi sox bar seems a little more laid back than Bicardi. Hope The whole louder than loud DJ Shtick is gone, too.

I'm curious to see if there are any noticeable changes this season because outside of the name change, it's the same management company, same managers and outside of normal turnover, same employees.

- Give credit where credit is due. Parking lot security in Lot A was great. For the first time in years, we weren't given the bum's rush out of the place after the game. It was nearly a full hour before the golf cart guys asked us, politely, to start packing up.

The crew in Lot B dropped the ball, IMO. They were letting the overflow park in Lot B, having these cars park (on an angle) in the areas between the rows of cars, where people had their tailgates parties set up for hours.

CoopaLoop
04-01-2014, 06:23 PM
Been a while since I went to an opening day, was the crazy long line to get into the park normal or is it going to be like that from now on because of the wanding.

Foulke You
04-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Been a while since I went to an opening day, was the crazy long line to get into the park normal or is it going to be like that from now on because of the wanding.
The new MLB mandated wanding is what caused the terrible bottleneck. I have a feeling it will be this way until the mandatory "walk thru" metal detectors are installed in 2015.

smac38
04-01-2014, 06:51 PM

I'm guessing it'll all depend on crowd sizes until they get the kinks worked out. The odds of having a sellout like yesterday, or a crowd anywhere near that size, is probably unlikely in the near future. I wish that wasn't the case, but we all know how it goes.

sunofgold
04-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Oops didn't know that we are starting PaulieNo tomorrow. Really glad we won the opener. PaulieNo (career 13-32 4.93ERA) vs. Correia (career 69-78 4.49ERA)

Woofer
04-01-2014, 07:23 PM
We had a great time way up high in section 536. Although the wind was brutal, at least we were not freezing to death. We waited for quite a while at gate 3 to get in, before noticing that there were long lines to the left and right, but no line in the middle, so we went up the middle. Maybe they need people directing the crowd around some to get folks in faster.

One other gripe is the food and beer lines, especially the specialty lines like for sausages/hotdogs. People are lined up from one end of the walkway to the other, blocking people from being able to walk by. They need to turn the lines or put corrals in, like they do for the helmet nachos. It gets really hard to get through the congestion. Other than that, it was great to see the season start with a win.

doublem23
04-02-2014, 10:45 AM
Oops didn't know that we are starting PaulieNo tomorrow. Really glad we won the opener. PaulieNo (career 13-32 4.93ERA) vs. Correia (career 69-78 4.49ERA)

I don't understand why you needed to add the superfluous "E" in his name. Isn't PauliNO good enough??

Harry Potter
04-02-2014, 10:54 AM
I don't understand why you needed to add the superfluous "E" in his name. Isn't PauliNO good enough??

I mean PaulieNo pretty much summed up Konerko appearing in Monday's game anyways.