PDA

View Full Version : Nieto will be on the 25 man roster

Fastball23
03-24-2014, 08:57 PM
Good luck to him. I hope he will continue to grow with the Sox.

KRS1
03-24-2014, 11:26 PM
Good news. I like his dish work reasonably well and his swing is built better than any other candidate. Might as well take the chance and hope to come out with another young regular.

Over By There
03-25-2014, 07:26 AM
I know the Sox had to put Nieto on the OD roster if they wanted to keep him, but what are the rules from here? Could they send him down in a few weeks if they wanted to?

doublem23
03-25-2014, 08:33 AM
I know the Sox had to put Nieto on the OD roster if they wanted to keep him, but what are the rules from here? Could they send him down in a few weeks if they wanted to?

He has to stay on the 25-man roster for the entire season or they have to offer him back to the Nationals. If he survives this season, he's no longer subject to Rule V Draft rules and can be sent to the minors or traded as the Sox see fit.

TomBradley72
03-25-2014, 09:34 AM
I'm glad they've added Nieto- I'm also glad for the side benefit of adding him which was cutting Phegley- and establishing a higher bar of competition and performance- part of the culture change Hahn is implementing.

hawkjt
03-25-2014, 12:48 PM
I'm glad they've added Nieto- I'm also glad for the side benefit of adding him which was cutting Phegley- and establishing a higher bar of competition and performance- part of the culture change Hahn is implementing.

Hope he improves the position but I am not ready to write off Phegley just yet.:smile:

SCCWS
03-25-2014, 01:17 PM

The bar can't get any lower w Flowers. He is probably the overall worst hitting catcher in baseball. Remember he has struck out almost 40% of his ML at bats.