PDA

View Full Version : What about Jordan Danks?

TheVulture
03-21-2014, 03:12 PM
Is Danks working himself into some serious playing time? He's absolutely tearing it up, and he's already clearly the superior defender and baserunner amongst the LF options. This guys is capable of murdering a baseball, he hit some of the hardest hit homeruns I saw last year. Yes, its spring training, but baseball-reference has his ST opponent quality ranked fairly high at 9.1. Is it possible he has put it all together and can leap frog DeAza and Viciedo?

winstonage
03-21-2014, 04:54 PM
Is Danks working himself into some serious playing time? He's absolutely tearing it up, and he's already clearly the superior defender and baserunner amongst the LF options. This guys is capable of murdering a baseball, he hit some of the hardest hit homeruns I saw last year. Yes, its spring training, but baseball-reference has his ST opponent quality ranked fairly high at 9.1. Is it possible he has put it all together and can leap frog DeAza and Viciedo?

No, don't think so, but with Keppinger going on the DL, and Davidson most likely going to Charlotte, he has a roster spot.

LITTLE NELL
03-21-2014, 04:57 PM

I'd keep him as 4th outfielder and have him fill in for Viciedo against tough RHPs.
I had hoped DeAza would be gone by now.

TheVulture
03-21-2014, 05:17 PM
No, don't think so, but with Keppinger going on the DL, and Davidson most likely going to Charlotte, he has a roster spot.

I don't see how he has a roster spot as the team currently stands, without leap frogging at least one of them. I wouldn't think the Sox will carry five outfielders when they already have three 1st basemen.

Tragg
03-21-2014, 06:15 PM
He goes to the minors unless we move De Aza or Vidiedo, which I hope we do. We can't keep 5 Outfielders on the roster, with 3 1B/DH and two third basemen.

Heck I hope Hahn is able to move De Aza/Vicido, Ramirez, Dunn and Beckham.

TomBradley72
03-21-2014, 06:55 PM
I'd rather have Danks and De Aza on the roster and dump Dunn-

I see a very limited market for Dunn- he's an AL player only at this stage- and pretty much only a platoon DH (vs. RHs)- and if the Sox hope to get ANYTHING in return (either talent or payroll relief)- only a contender will pay- does anyone really think there's an AL contender that wants Dunn?

Nothing more for Danks to prove at AAA- but thats where he's headed unless Dunn or De Aza is moved before Opening Day.

BainesHOF
03-21-2014, 07:32 PM
Is Danks working himself into some serious playing time?

No.