PDA

View Full Version : Do you still care about this season?


danman31
08-08-2002, 11:44 PM
The Sox are out of the race, but do you still pay attention?

TornLabrum
08-09-2002, 12:34 AM
None of the above. I pay attention when the game is good and to keep track of what's going on because I try to get one column out per week. Being called prolific is a hard reputation to live up to.

Otherwise, when this team plays corpseball, I kind of act like my Cubs fan aunt. She can't bear to watch them because she's afraid they'll lose if she does. Of course they lose when she doesn't watch, too, so she might as well give up on them...but 80 years of being a fan of one team is a hard habit to break.

:KW

"I did this to you, Vickery! Muahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!"

MarkEdward
08-09-2002, 01:17 AM
It's the Sox. it's baseball. I'll be watching until the final out of the World Series.

DrWatson27
08-09-2002, 11:53 AM
Like Mark said it's baseball and I love it and will continue to follow until the season ends by the WS or a strike.

I also want to see if the Sox can salvage the season, the only way to do that now is to finish with a better record than the Cubs.

chisoxfanatic
08-09-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by DrWatson27
I also want to see if the Sox can salvage the season, the only way to do that now is to finish with a better record than the Cubs.
Oh, that'll be easy! The Cubs RARELY finish with a better record than us, as we've had a better record in 39 of the past 50 seasons. The Cubs play in an easier league as well (they've never gone head to head with the Yankees), so they have no excuse for their futility, except that they just don't care about winning.

Heather the Redbird

duke of dorwood
08-09-2002, 02:01 PM
Through all the disappointment through all the years-I watch and listen.

delben91
08-09-2002, 02:03 PM
I'm a sox fan through and through, even if they're playing horribly, I will continue to watch and cheer them on.

Moses_Scurry
08-09-2002, 04:34 PM
I still continue to watch, but only on TV and only when I have absolutely nothing better to watch or do. If the Sox are doing well, I may be able to skip some of those things like Wednesday poker night, the recreational bike ride, getting a tan at the beach, my wedding, etc., etc. When they are doing as poorly as they are now, I'll do anything else that I enjoy doing first, and then subject myself to their futility when all other options are exhausted.

voodoochile
08-09-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Moses_Scurry
I still continue to watch, but only on TV and only when I have absolutely nothing better to watch or do. If the Sox are doing well, I may be able to skip some of those things like Wednesday poker night, the recreational bike ride, getting a tan at the beach, my wedding, etc., etc. When they are doing as poorly as they are now, I'll do anything else that I enjoy doing first, and then subject myself to their futility when all other options are exhausted.

Exactly how I feel. I will check the score during commercials or watch the last few innings after a movie ends, but why sit through out after meaningless painful out? I do enjoy checking the box scores to see how the kids are doing and if Frank is hitting better, but the games themselves hold little interest for me...

Foulke You
08-09-2002, 04:45 PM
While the excitement level has dropped off, I continue to watch the Sox almost every day. It's just in my blood. Hell, I'm even going to a Sox/D-Rays game in 2 weeks at Comiskey. How's that for diehard? My goal for the Sox now is to develop Harris and Crede, get the pitching straightened out, finish with a winning record, and make the Twins sweat just a smidge by cutting the deficit to single digit games.

doublem23
08-09-2002, 04:49 PM
While I will admit that my energy I've put into the Sox has wavered from April when they were kickin' ass, I still like to think I pay pretty close attention to what's going on.

TheBigHurt
08-10-2002, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Foulke You
While the excitement level has dropped off, I continue to watch the Sox almost every day. It's just in my blood. Hell, I'm even going to a Sox/D-Rays game in 2 weeks at Comiskey. How's that for diehard? My goal for the Sox now is to develop Harris and Crede, get the pitching straightened out, finish with a winning record, and make the Twins sweat just a smidge by cutting the deficit to single digit games.

GOOD MAN!!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-10-2002, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by danman31
The Sox are out of the race, but do you still pay attention?

I really pay close attention when Garland and Burhle are pitching. Aside from then it has really been brutal. Maybe half the game when the other guys are pitching.