PDA

View Full Version : Great Job Parque

Chisox_cali
08-08-2002, 10:58 PM
Man I was hoping he would come out and pitch great and he did. Hell of a job from the bulldog, and Congrats on getting the W! Way to Go Jim!

ChiWhiteSox1337
08-08-2002, 11:00 PM
yeah, very nice compared to what ritchie would've done most likely :) :gulp:

TornLabrum
08-08-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Man I was hoping he would come out and pitch great and he did. Hell of a job from the bulldog, and Congrats on getting the W! Way to Go Jim!

I think what may have happened after he got lit up the first time back is that maybe Butter went back down to Charlotte and became a pitcher .

:butter

"My arm is back !

duke of dorwood
08-08-2002, 11:13 PM
I'm glad for him-I'll take those 6 innings every time out.

Iguana775
08-08-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum

:butter

"My arm is back !

:KW

"but how is your velocity??"

rmusacch
08-08-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
I'm glad for him-I'll take those 6 innings every time out.

I did not see the first part of the game where he gave up the couple of runs but from what I did see he looked ok. For his first major league start since last year, he was ok. He needs to stretch himself out a little bit. 95 pitches in 5 innings is a little much. I hope he can keep the momentum.

danman31
08-08-2002, 11:40 PM
I'm glad to see Parque back. This team needs starting pitchers badly and when he is on he can be very solid.

rmusacch
08-08-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by danman31
I'm glad to see Parque back. This team needs starting pitchers badly and when he is on he can be very solid.

I have always like Parque. I was not so sure when he started whining when he was with Charlotte early in the season. IF he keeps his mouth shut, he could help the Sox out again.

LongDistanceFan
08-08-2002, 11:57 PM
i am glad that he did well, and hope those who really thought that he would bomb would retract what they said.

BuehrleACE56
08-09-2002, 12:39 AM
i didn't think he would do that well this time around, but i was wrong. he pitched great today and we need starting pitchers. i hope the bulldog keeps it up. after that solo dinger i got really nervous and started having flashbacks, but he cinched it up and hunkered down. go jimmy!

DrCrawdad
08-09-2002, 01:11 AM
I cringed when I saw the three straight hits in the first inning. Before that and then afterward Butter looked good. I liked hearing that the 'crowd' gave Butter an ovation. Butter has a better attitude as well this time round too.

chisoxfanatic
08-09-2002, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
I cringed when I saw the three straight hits in the first inning. Before that and then afterward Butter looked good. I liked hearing that the 'crowd' gave Butter an ovation. Butter has a better attitude as well this time round too.
I too cringed...but at a different time of the game. It was in the fourth inning, when he allowed the bases to become juiced. But he was able to get out of the jam he had put himself in! Ritchie can't do anything like that, as he doesn't have the capacity to actually get himself out of major jams. Gutsy performance by Parque. Glad to see him back, with hopes that he'll be on track!

Heather the Redbird

TornLabrum
08-09-2002, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic

I too cringed...but at a different time of the game. It was in the fourth inning, when he allowed the bases to become juiced. But he was able to get out of the jam he had put himself in! Ritchie can't do anything like that, as he doesn't have the capacity to actually get himself out of major jams. Gutsy performance by Parque. Glad to see him back, with hopes that he'll be on track!

Heather the Redbird

That's why we call him the Little Bulldog.

GASHWOUND
08-09-2002, 07:41 AM
I didn't think the Sox had a chance, but a shocker hapened..a pitcher kept us in the game. Even if we lost it probablywould've been a success..we kept the Angels under 10 runs

2 consecutive 1 run wins!?!
Oh, man..I thought I wouldn't live to see it.

Iwritecode
08-09-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
I didn't think the Sox had a chance, but a shocker hapened..a pitcher kept us in the game. Even if we lost it probablywould've been a success..we kept the Angels under 10 runs

2 consecutive 1 run wins!?!
Oh, man..I thought I wouldn't live to see it.

Add that to the Twins getting swept and we are almost back in this race!

Seriously, they got swept by Baltimore? Is their over-worked bullpen finally catching up with them?

Cheryl
08-09-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad

Me too. I don't know about this attitude, I'm just happy he get better as the game went on. And of course for the win.

CubKilla
08-09-2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

Add that to the Twins getting swept and we are almost back in this race!

Seriously, they got swept by Baltimore? Is their over-worked bullpen finally catching up with them?

Maybe. We'll see how good the Twins REALLY are come October in the playoffs.

DrWatson27
08-09-2002, 11:31 AM
LDF & Others,

I retract what I said about Butter, and rightfully so because he pitched well last night. I will reserve any more judgement on the bulldog-at least for the next few starts. :)

Randar68
08-09-2002, 11:34 AM
All this talk about Butter, however, I didn't get a chance to see the game, so what was he hitting on the gun, well, the TV readings at least????????

TornLabrum
08-09-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
All this talk about Butter, however, I didn't get a chance to see the game, so what was he hitting on the gun, well, the TV readings at least????????

Top speed I saw was 88.

RedPinStripes
08-09-2002, 01:37 PM
Glad to see him back. Good job Jimmy!

Well, I wasn't thinking "glad to be back when they called him up. I'd like to see him back to his 2000 form. That playoff game was pure guts!

LongDistanceFan
08-09-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by DrWatson27
LDF & Others,

I retract what I said about Butter, and rightfully so because he pitched well last night. I will reserve any more judgement on the bulldog-at least for the next few starts. :)

man that wasn't necessary, i was joking. you know how many times i had to eat my words, b/c i was wrong............. many times.

i am a fan of butter.

delben91
08-09-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
i am a fan of butter.

Hmmm, I'd say you'd be a FOB, but that's for royce (a.k.a. buddy lee) isn't it? Well, there it goes, my one clever thought of the day....and it's useless. :(:

However, if say, Jim ever has to miss a scheduled start, when we see the emergency starter take the mound, can we exclaim, "I can't believe it's not butter!!??!!" ??? :D:

LongDistanceFan
08-09-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by delben91

Hmmm, I'd say you'd be a FOB, but that's for royce (a.k.a. buddy lee) isn't it?

oh man, did i just got insulted. i think i hate you now. me being a fan or in any way in favor of buddy. :angry:

this is war.
:D:

delben91
08-09-2002, 01:56 PM

oh man, did i just got insulted. i think i hate you now. me being a fan or in any way in favor of buddy. :angry:

this is war.
:D:

Hmmm, I think I might have to enlist daver's help, or maybe just his arsenal, on this one LDF :smile:

LongDistanceFan
08-09-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by delben91

Hmmm, I think I might have to enlist daver's help, or maybe just his arsenal, on this one LDF :smile:

lmao

if you had said this about him i think he would feel the same. :)

Iguana775
08-09-2002, 02:00 PM

i am a fan of butter.

me too. especially on popcorn and toast. :)

LongDistanceFan
08-09-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775

me too. especially on popcorn and toast. :)

yep it friday and all the comedians are out. :D:

yyz
08-09-2002, 02:08 PM
Trib says Manuel says he'll get the start against Texas next Wednesday.

RedPinStripes
08-09-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by yyz

He should after the way he threw last night.

Todd Who?

Foulke You
08-09-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by yyz

Too bad Butter doesn't get a crack at the M's this weekend. You know Butter would have been out for blood against Cameron after he hit 3 dingers off him earlier in the year.

Chisox_cali
08-09-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You

Too bad Butter doesn't get a crack at the M's this weekend. You know Butter would have been out for blood against Cameron after he hit 3 dingers off him earlier in the year.

And the 2000 ALDS

alohafri
08-10-2002, 11:03 AM
The guy impressed the heck out of me. He isn't the same pitcher who gave up 3 to Cameron in the spring. Keep it up Parque.

bc2k
08-10-2002, 10:42 PM
How quickly I can change my opinion on a player. Parque's performance was enjoyable to watch.

After his one start, I couldn't help thinking about him in our future. If he can continue to pitch games like this one, then the Sox must offer him a contract in the offseason. He is good, young (26, I believe) and left-handed.

I can't imagine him having too many suitors as he is coming off surgery, so it shouldn't cost JR much bread to sign butter. I'm holding off on the contract to see how he does the rest of the season, but if we get the butter we saw vs. the Angels, I'd sign him and put him in the rotation behind Buehrle and Garland.

Soxheads
08-10-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
How quickly I can change my opinion on a player. Parque's performance was enjoyable to watch.

After his one start, I couldn't help thinking about him in our future. If he can continue to pitch games like this one, then the Sox must offer him a contract in the offseason. He is good, young (26, I believe) and left-handed.

I can't imagine him having too many suitors as he is coming off surgery, so it shouldn't cost JR much bread to sign butter. I'm holding off on the contract to see how he does the rest of the season, but if we get the butter we saw vs. the Angels, I'd sign him and put him in the rotation behind Buehrle and Garland.

Heh. I get it. Bread and butter.