PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Uniform Change

Brian26
08-08-2002, 09:03 PM
This is a plea....

DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING about the current White Sox uniforms.

The sox have been blessed with some of the worst uniforms in the history of baseball. However, their current home and road unis are gorgeous and classy. The road uniform, in particular, is perfect. I love the sock in the diamond on the sleeve, and the grey and black is simply outstanding. These are the best uniforms in franchise history and rank right up there with the best in baseball.

Also, we've had these uniforms now since Sept. of 1990...12 seasons. It's helping to establish a bit of a tradition, which was one of the goals when they first got these uniforms. The Yankees and Dodgers rarely make even the most subtle changes, and the Sox should do the same. No red in the uniforms! Keep them as they are!

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-08-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
This is a plea....

The sox have been blessed with some of the worst uniforms in the history of baseball. However, their current home and road unis are gorgeous and classy. The road uniform, in particular, is perfect. I love the sock in the diamond on the sleeve, and the grey and black is simply outstanding. These are the best uniforms in franchise history and rank right up there with the best in baseball.

Also, we've had these uniforms now since Sept. of 1990...12 seasons. It's helping to establish a bit of a tradition, which was one of the goals when they first got these uniforms. The Yankees and Dodgers rarely make even the most subtle changes, and the Sox should do the same. No red in the uniforms! Keep them as they are!

:reinsy "Hey KW what do you think we should do to the uniforms?"

:KW "How about we send the boys out there in teal bowling shirts?"

Kilroy
08-09-2002, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
This is a plea....

...No red in the uniforms! Keep them as they are!

On one hand I completely agree. The current Sox uni's are as good as it gets. However, my favorite is the same exact uni's, but red instead of black.

That's what they were wearing when I first discovered the Sox in the early 70's when I was about 6 years old. They did wear powder blue roads instead of the grey, and those kinda blow, but it was fun to see the Phils wear them earlier this year.

Fisk72
08-09-2002, 09:54 AM
I know a bunch of you out there like the red pin stripes that we had back in the '70s. I've never had an fashion-related opinion about them but I think we should never have worn them. If any Sox team should have had them, it would have to be Boston because they are the RED Sox. The design (similar to what he have now) is great, but the color was just wrong to have. IMO, the the ones we have now are probably #2 best compared to the '59 Go-Go uni's. Those were the classiest and kicked ass by far (I loved the red outline of the interlocking SOX). The '33 uniform was pretty sweet, too, with the bat and ball used in the logo. Ok, I'll stop before I get going even more. Just wanted to add my two cents worth. Now, commence the beating I'll get from all the red pin-stripes lovers. :D: