PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Toast to the 2014 Season

ChiSoxGirl
03-05-2014, 10:37 PM
It seems like I was just organizing the Christmas party, but spring training is in full swing and it's time to start thinking about the preseason gathering!

Since Opening Day is a little more than three weeks away (!), it's time to start thinking about our annual toast to the season. Please join us on Saturday, March 29 at:

Place: Rocky's, 234 W. 31st St., Chicago
Date: Saturday, March 29
Time: 7:30p.m.

Rocky's is solid (no pun intended) -- good food, nice ambiance, and near the 31st St. Dan Ryan exit & Sox-35th Red Line stop. Join us to analyze the ins and outs of White Sox baseball and toast an upcoming season that is showing a lot of promise and can't possibly be as bad as its predecessor. We will also likely toast to weather for Opening Day that hopefully won't resemble anything that we've seen this wretched winter!

I hope to see the usual suspects and any newcomers on March 29 at Rocky's!

JB98
03-06-2014, 01:10 PM
Hope to see everyone there!

DumpJerry
03-06-2014, 01:14 PM
Will we have to shovel the car out to drive there?

We should be there, depending on the little ones' plane flight that weekend.

FielderJones
03-06-2014, 01:40 PM
I plan to attend.

tebman
03-06-2014, 01:52 PM
Rocky's is a great choice. An easy walk to the ballpark and the ambience is well-suited for a meeting of WSI's great minds.

I'll be there to see if any great minds show up -- I'd like to meet some. :redneck

DumpJerry
03-23-2014, 07:41 PM
The little ones (well, not as little as they used to be, they're teenagers now) get in Sunday, so we should be there come snow or cold weather!

robertks61
03-23-2014, 09:27 PM
We may head up to Milwaukee for the day. If not we're in!

JB98
03-28-2014, 01:46 PM
Just a reminder, this event is tomorrow. Join us on the South Side for some White Sox talk!

October26
03-28-2014, 02:10 PM
It seems like I was just organizing the Christmas party, but spring training is in full swing and it's time to start thinking about the preseason gathering!

Since Opening Day is a little more than three weeks away (!), it's time to start thinking about our annual toast to the season. Please join us on Saturday, March 29 at:

Place: Rocky's, 234 W. 31st St., Chicago
Date: Saturday, March 29
Time: 7:30p.m.

Rocky's is solid (no pun intended) -- good food, nice ambiance, and near the 31st St. Dan Ryan exit & Sox-35th Red Line stop. Join us to analyze the ins and outs of White Sox baseball and toast an upcoming season that is showing a lot of promise and can't possibly be as bad as its predecessor. We will also likely toast to weather for Opening Day that hopefully won't resemble anything that we've seen this wretched winter!

I hope to see the usual suspects and any newcomers on March 29 at Rocky's!

Hi Jen, Thanks so much for organizing another WSI Gathering. You know how much I enjoy hanging out with my WSI Sox siblings. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to this one. I will miss seeing you and all of my other Sox brothers and sisters. Have fun at the WSI Toast! I will raise my glass during Earth Hour. :D: Here's to a fantastic 2014 baseball season on the South Side of Chicago. Hope to see you/everyone at the ballpark this season. GO SOX!! :bandance:

DSpivack
03-28-2014, 03:31 PM
Just a reminder, this event is tomorrow. Join us on the South Side for some White Sox talk!
I look forward to it. See you tomorrow!

tebman
03-30-2014, 01:44 AM
Once again, ChiSoxGirl waved her magic wand and created an atmosphere of bonhomie and conviviality tonight at Rocky's. :tiphat: In fact, Rocky's was so impressed by the quality of our company that they bought us a round of drinks. Doesn't get much better than that.

We do this because we care. It's like Terence Mann said: "The one constant through all the years Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Itís been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good, and that could be again. Oh people will come, Ray. People will most definitely come."

And we'll come on Monday, this season, and the season after that. Let's play ball.

:cheers:

TommyJohn
03-30-2014, 10:51 AM
Damn. I was available last night, but didn't see this thread until just now. Would've liked to have been there. Next time.

robertks61
03-30-2014, 02:02 PM
Sorry we missed it. We plan to make the next one though. Go White Sox!