PDA

View Full Version : Positive reviews for Hahn's rebuild from rival GMs

doublem23
03-05-2014, 03:37 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/white-sox/post/_/id/18475/gms-give-white-sox-tip-of-the-cap

Harry Chappas
03-05-2014, 06:05 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/white-sox/post/_/id/18475/gms-give-white-sox-tip-of-the-cap

Good article.

In reading the comments, I really hope "Albert J. Brown" doesn't post here.

chicagowhitesox1
03-05-2014, 06:24 PM
I would have to say Hahn has done a very good job.

JohnTucker0814
03-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Considering he has improved the team, while getting younger, controllable talent, and freeing up money to spend on more youth... I'd say he's done a stellar job.

As always, it depends on how these prospects turn out. Chances are they aren't all going to be great, but if they can all be serviceable major leaguers with a few of them becoming great players (Garcia/Abreu), then we'll be very, very happy!

Tragg
03-06-2014, 04:52 PM
It's nice to read good things.
I think he's done a good job, but it takes time to get things fixed. I just think we are still a long way off in readjusting this organization for a consistently competitive future. He'll have the lineup in good shape by this time next year, but I think the pitching will still be behind.

TomBradley72
03-06-2014, 10:59 PM
I think he's done a great job- converting Peavy to Garcia and signing Abreu- those are looking like incredible moves-

In the next 12 months he'll have Dunn's salary to re-invest when that debacle is finally over + a very high draft choice in a few months + what he can get in return for Beckham/De Aza/Keppinger (I hope they stick with Viciedo, and keep Ramirez at SS until Anderson is ready)-

Looks very promising-

Shoeless
03-20-2014, 06:13 PM
He definitely has done a nice job. However, it does help that he has an Ace pitcher in hand. The Cubs are trying the same kind of rebuild and, even though their talent seems deeper, they lack any of the pitching the Sox have.

34rancher
03-20-2014, 07:22 PM
I agree at least Hahn is trying to improve club, but any time a gm is praising, it makes me wonder if he's happy that his team is better. Time will tell, but it's tough knowing you have no chance to compete for the next 162 games for a playoff spot. Any season not in the playoffs is a waste of time energy and money. Get rid of all the dead weight that won't be here to compete. I don't want one AB for a player who is just wasting time (yes I'm looking at you donkey and Paulie). We are wasting a young pitcher in his prime and have major league players not major league ready. Here's hoping Hahn can work some magic, but I don't see much happening for a while.

HomeFish
03-21-2014, 12:06 AM
I'm pretty happy about the offseason. No complaints except I'd have preferred for PK to have come back as a coach instead of as a player.

Noneck
03-21-2014, 12:27 AM
I'm pretty happy about the offseason. No complaints except I'd have preferred for PK to have come back as a coach instead of as a player.

When the Sox signed Paul for this coming year, I really thought the Sox knew they were getting rid of dunn. I guess not so I do agree with you.

Tragg
03-21-2014, 10:07 AM
I think he's done a great job- converting Peavy to Garcia

If I had to pick one move, that's the one I'd pick as most impressive. He held out and got a player with a high, high ceiling and a pretty solid floor. He passed on the ultra-smooth, but essentially utility infielder Iglesias and the mediocre Middlebrooks.

TheVulture
03-21-2014, 04:05 PM
If I had to pick one move, that's the one I'd pick as most impressive. He held out and got a player with a high, high ceiling and a pretty solid floor. He passed on the ultra-smooth, but essentially utility infielder Iglesias and the mediocre Middlebrooks.

I love that move, but Abreu is going to be a beast. This will go down as one of the best signings ever.

pythons007
03-21-2014, 09:51 PM
Wasn't able to read the article (maybe a broken link), but when gms are giving praise aren't they just being politically correct?! I don't want to sound like a Debbie downer because I like what Hahn has done. I'm happy where this team is going, but do you think a gm is going to say what a ****ty job another gm is doing? In my opinion the gm that is out on blast might sever a relationship. Most of the gms around are all business but I think I'm just playing a little devil's advocate.

DonnieDarko
03-22-2014, 02:16 AM
I love that move, but Abreu is going to be a beast. This will go down as one of the best signings ever.

Putting the cart before the horse much?

TheVulture
03-22-2014, 04:37 PM
Putting the cart before the horse much?

Not really. He is what he is. Even Puig admits abreu blows him out of the water at the plate. Compare his Cuban numbers. It's like comparing Ellis burks to frank Thomas.