PDA

View Full Version : Whoa

Chisox_cali
08-08-2002, 07:36 PM
The Twinks just got swept by the Orioles after their 4-1 loss today. Could their play this year finally be catching up to them?

RKMeibalane
08-08-2002, 07:44 PM
It's possible. Dave Campbell mentioned yesterday that the Twins' bullpen is overworked. Guardado has made too many appearances to this point in the season, and other relievers are working too hard because of injuries sustained by Joe Mays, Brad Radtke, and Eric Milton.

Unfortunately, I seriously doubt if the Sox can salvage anything from this latest development. Manuel quit long ago, and Williams seems determined to run this team into the ground, unless Reinsdorf "beats him to the punch."

Paulwny
08-08-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
The Twinks just got swept by the Orioles after their 4-1 loss today. Could their play this year finally be catching up to them?

With the unbalanced sched; with the exception of Tampa, any team from the other divisions would be ahead in the central div. The weakest division in mlb.

Chisox_cali
08-08-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
It's possible. Dave Campbell mentioned yesterday that the Twins' bullpen is overworked. Guardado has made too many appearances to this point in the season, and other relievers are working too hard because of injuries sustained by Joe Mays, Brad Radtke, and Eric Milton.

Unfortunately, I seriously doubt if the Sox can salvage anything from this latest development. Manuel quit long ago, and Williams seems determined to run this team into the ground, unless Reinsdorf "beats him to the punch."

Yeah I heard that yesteday too. and it's pretty true, but I bet they go all out and try to get home-field, and completely mess up all there pitching. It's already starting to happen. I don't think they would really scare the opponent in the playoffs with Kyle 'Big Top' Lohse as their game 1 starter.

chisoxfanatic
08-09-2002, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
You know, we still have nine remaining games with the Twins, six of them being at Comiskey, so you never know....

2002 Chicago White Sox: The 1969 Mets relived? An incredible feat if accomplished!

Heather the Redbird

Chisox_cali
08-09-2002, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic

You know, we still have nine remaining games with the Twins, six of them being at Comiskey, so you never know....

2002 Chicago White Sox: The 1969 Mets relived? An incredible feat if accomplished!

Heather the Redbird

What the hell are you thinking Heather, there's no optimism allowed here!!!!!!! :)

chisoxfanatic
08-09-2002, 01:17 AM
I will cease to be optimistic on the day they lay me in my casket, because you just never know what is in store.

Heather the Redbird

Chisox_cali
08-09-2002, 01:22 AM
I will cease to be optimistic on the day they lay me in my casket, because you just never know what is in store.

Heather the Redbird

Right on! :gulp:

chisoxfanatic
08-09-2002, 01:26 AM
Is that Jack Daniels? If so, would you pass me one?

Heather the Redbird

Chisox_cali
08-09-2002, 01:27 AM
Is that Jack Daniels? If so, would you pass me one?

Heather the Redbird

It's John Daniels :D:

chisoxfanatic
08-09-2002, 01:30 AM
Ewwwww! That stuff belongs in the Urinal on Clark and Adams!

Heather the Redbird

Chisox_cali
08-09-2002, 01:33 AM
Ewwwww! That stuff belongs in the Urinal on Clark and Adams!

Heather the Redbird

Well that was more of a Scent of a Woman reference/Joke, of course if you've never seen that movie than it would make no sense. :smile:

CubKilla
08-09-2002, 11:14 AM

Heather the Redbird

Is KW dealing Sox crack at the game now too? But seriously, is anyone shocked that Minnesota is now starting to lose a few games? They did the same thing last year after being in first place for the first half of the season. The only difference now is that the Twins have built up a double-digit Central lead where as last year the Twins never had that luxury. Oh yeah..... Cleveland was still a pretty good team too last year.