PDA

View Full Version : Ok, this is unexpected. Any ideas why the Giants did this?

DumpJerry
02-19-2014, 02:41 PM
The sister of one of the guys in my office recently was in San Francisco on business. One of the activities they did there was a tour of AT&T Park.

He showed me a picture his sister took of the visitor's clubhouse. On the wall is clock. A big clock. The clock is a Cubs' logo clock. Huh?

I said maybe it was there to piss off the other teams that come through there or maybe to bestow the Cubs' ineptitude on the visitors when they play at AT&T.

Moses_Scurry
02-19-2014, 03:12 PM
If I am hosting a visiting team, I want them feeling crushing feelings of inadequacy. I want extreme failure to be on the fronts of their minds before they take the field. I want them dreading going onto the field to play my team because they just know that they will be humiliated in every way possible.

What better way to send those messages than through cubs imagery?

Rocky Soprano
02-19-2014, 03:33 PM
Because their time is coming.

doublem23
02-19-2014, 04:43 PM
Everyone knows the visiting clubhouse is always on Losers' Standard Time

Chez
02-19-2014, 04:51 PM
Because their time is coming.

It's gonna happen!

Rocky Soprano
02-19-2014, 05:20 PM
It's gonna happen!

The time is stuck at 1:05.
:redneck

Noneck
02-19-2014, 09:32 PM
It's gonna happen!

There is will always be a next year.

btw: Hope you had a good one and many more to come.

Railsplitter
02-19-2014, 10:59 PM
if i am hosting a visiting team, i want them feeling crushing feelings of inadequacy. I want extreme failure to be on the fronts of their minds before they take the field. I want them dreading going onto the field to play my team because they just know that they will be humiliated in every way possible.

What better way to send those messages than through cubs imagery?

lol

Brian26
02-19-2014, 11:06 PM
Mike Krukow may have planted it there.

DumpJerry
02-20-2014, 08:16 AM
I read somewhere that Dave Kaplan is moonlighting as the Visitor's Clubhouse Manager at AT&T.

TheVulture
02-20-2014, 02:54 PM
Checked their schedule, they open against the Dbacks and don't play the Cubs for at least the first month, so we can eliminate the possibility they just prepared early for their guests. Seems the idea that they are imbuing the visitor clubhouse with loser vibes is the only logical explanation.

That's gotta burn. lmao

thomas35forever
02-23-2014, 01:35 PM
The time is stuck at 1:05.
:redneck
1:20 actually.

Stanley
02-24-2014, 12:12 AM
That's freakin hilarious. But I don't believe it unless there's actual pic proof...

OldRomanPizza
03-04-2014, 12:31 PM
If true, I think its witty and hilarious.

Though the story will eventually go viral and the Giants will be forced to issue a public apology or worse, yet nobody will ever think to put it on the Cubs to go out there and prove them wrong.

vinny
03-04-2014, 02:26 PM
So if you go to this page on the Giants website:

http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/sf/ballpark/giantsenterprises/spaces.jsp?content=visitors_clubhouse

Picture #2 in the slideshow shows the clock in question. It looks like the Cubs logo to me.

But in another pic there's a framed Braves jersey, so maybe there's a little something to represent every NL team somewhere. :shrug: