PDA

View Full Version : attendance promotions

BuehrleACE56
08-08-2002, 01:56 PM
most of us have heard about various minor-leagus teams making thier attendance zero to set a record. what about reinsdorf challenging sox fans that if we filled comiskey for the remainder of the season, he would sell the team? i think that would be a great idea and that it would work too.

ScottyTheSoxFan
08-08-2002, 03:37 PM
yeah but if we didnt fill the stands we could never hope for a sale again because we wouldve had the chance. but i would participate.

34rancher
08-08-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by BuehrleACE56
most of us have heard about various minor-leagus teams making thier attendance zero to set a record. what about reinsdorf challenging sox fans that if we filled comiskey for the remainder of the season, he would sell the team? i think that would be a great idea and that it would work too.

Any season tickets left?

Then again, what if Wirtz, the McCaskeys, and the Tribune went in together to buy the Sox? Shudder.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-08-2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by 34rancher

Any season tickets left?

Then again, what if Wirtz, the McCaskeys, and the Tribune went in together to buy the Sox? Shudder.

OH JESUS! Could you even begin to iamgine Bill Wirtz in charge of the Sox? That's the stuff nightmares are made of.

rmusacch
08-08-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by 34rancher

Any season tickets left?

Then again, what if Wirtz, the McCaskeys, and the Tribune went in together to buy the Sox? Shudder. Isn't it great how we as Chicago fans are blessed with such great owners?

One thing you have to say though is that ever since Michael McCaskey got fired by momma, it has been a little better with the Bears. I like Jerry Angelo and what he has done. Now only if he could bring back Da Coach :iron

34rancher
08-08-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
Isn't it great how we as Chicago fans are blessed with such great owners?

One thing you have to say though is that ever since Michael McCaskey got fired by momma, it has been a little better with the Bears. I like Jerry Angelo and what he has done. Now only if he could bring back Da Coach :iron

Yeah, mom told him to shut up, so that the family franchise would go from 250 million to almost 1 billion once the stadium is done. Nice job, they use extorsion (PSL's) to make them several hundred million. Even Mikey with his Ivy League education understood the giant cash cow mooing.

chisoxfanatic
08-09-2002, 12:59 AM
How about Carlos Lee Night! Everyone wearing Lee jeans gets in for a buck!

:caballo
MMMMMMMMMMM! Lee Jeans...TIGHT as can be!

Heather Lee

DrWatson27
08-09-2002, 12:05 PM
How about first 40,000 fans get in for free, they would still make a ton of money on parking and concessions.

Here in Michigan the Tigers suck so bad I got something in the mail from them the other day. The promo was for $40 you get tickets to 3 different games on either Fri, Sat, or Sun so no weekdays plus you get a hot dog or pizza and a coke at each game. Not a bad deal. The games were spread out so you would get to see the Tigers play against 3 different teams.

I also would like to see something like the "flex pack" the Chicago Wolves did/do. You buy a book of 10 vouchers for a discounted price and when you want to go to the game you either call or walk up and turn in your voucher for a ticket. This was also cool because you could use as many or as few as you wanted for any given game. So if you and a couple of buddys decided on the spur of the moment to go to the game you could go and use the vouchers. Plus it got people to go to the games because they could pick and choose when they wanted to go, unlike when seats go empty because of unused season tickets.

chisoxfanatic
08-09-2002, 01:13 PM
I really wish they'd bring back Ladies' Night. Every Thursday, until the end of the 1999 season, they'd charge ladies 16 and over only a buck to get in! I believe the attendence was always pretty good on these days.

Heather the Redbird

Cheryl
08-09-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic
I really wish they'd bring back Ladies' Night. Every Thursday, until the end of the 1999 season, they'd charge ladies 16 and over only a buck to get in! I believe the attendence was always pretty good on these days.

Heather the Redbird

Me too! I was working at IIT at the time, and there were a lot of afternoon Ladies Days. A bunch of us from work would go have a long lunch on those days--pay a buck to get in, have a hot dog and a beer, watch a few innings of baseball, then go back to work. Or maybe not go back. It was great!