PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday's WINNING Pick to Click!

PaleHoseGeorge
08-08-2002, 01:37 AM
It only took four months for the Sox to win a game in the bottom of the ninth!

"I knew our team had it in us--well, not really!" :walnuts

Totally Biased Game Recap (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=1633)

They really didn't suck tonight.

Iwritecode
08-08-2002, 01:03 PM
In a pitiful season such as this one, last night's win felt pretty good.

Plus I got a good laugh out of this:

Anaheim danced around pitching to Frank Thomas with two out and the winning run at third, issuing an intentional walk. What, are they the only ones in the world not to know Frank is sucking this year? They paid the ultimate price for loading the bases just to pitch to Royce "Clutch" Clayton!

Royce worked the count to 0-0, then flaired one to right field, Carlos Lee trotting home with the unlikeliest of Sox comeback victories.

Thanks PHG! :gulp:

edit: Psst George... There was only one out when Royce came to bat. I won't tell anyone though as not to embarass you...

chisoxfanatic
08-08-2002, 01:20 PM
You know, I was thinking that they'd find a way to blow this golden opportunity of ending it in the bottom of the 9th, being a perfect microcosm of the goings on all season. Then when I heard The Choice was stepping up to the plate, my heart dropped several floors. I thought there was no way in hell that they'd be able to bring in the winning run from third...but then Clayton actually got a first pitch base hit! My jaw just dropped. Now if they could've only played like this during those pitaful months of June and July...think of the possibilities! Even I don't think they can pull of a 1969 Mets, and I'm nearly the eternal optimist. A great win, nonetheless.

Heather the Redbird

PaleHoseGeorge
08-08-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

edit: Psst George... There was only one out when Royce came to bat. I won't tell anyone though as not to embarass you...

Psst... thanks. When this website becomes the IPO darling of Wall Street, I'm bringing you on board as Special Ops-Proof Reader .

$5.50 an hour and all the day-old churros you can eat!

:)

Iwritecode
08-08-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Psst... thanks. When this website becomes the IPO darling of Wall Street, I'm bringing you on board as Special Ops-Proof Reader .

Woo hoo! Easy Street here I come!

:D:

Spiff
08-08-2002, 03:28 PM
You forgot to mention Lee hustling to third on a single to left field, which I thought was pretty impressive.

Iwritecode
08-08-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Spiff
You forgot to mention Lee hustling to third on a single to left field, which I thought was pretty impressive.

That was a fairly well executed hit-and-run. Something we haven't seen too much this year. It would have been better if it were hit to the right side but Lee looked like he was running for his life. He even slid. I was impressed. :smile:

Soxheads
08-08-2002, 04:04 PM

Something tells me I'll be convicted in a marketing scandal, and you'll have to cut off dead weight like me. :smile:

voodoochile
08-08-2002, 04:13 PM

Just think of the money you can make on that IPO if you list your server costs as an asset...

chisoxfanatic
08-09-2002, 12:46 AM

PHG,

I'm just a poor college student, and was wondering if I could have the job instead. I gotta pay off student loans somehow!

Heather the Redbird