PDA

View Full Version : pick your poison

BuehrleACE56
08-07-2002, 11:32 PM
At this point in the season, whom would you rather have as our #5 starter?

TornLabrum
08-07-2002, 11:41 PM
This is a tough one for me. I met Rocky a couple of weeks ago and he's a great guy. However, he's spent most of the year in the pen. Parque is more experienced as a starter and if his arm really is back (and that's a might big "if") he's the guy I want out there just because he is a bulldog. Remember it was Parque who precipitated the Detroit brawl in 2000. He don't take no crap from nobody!

On the other hand, if Parque's arm isn't all the way back yet, I'd rather have Biddle. As far as Ritchie goes, he can spend the rest of the year in Kannapolis for all I care.

LongDistanceFan
08-07-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by BuehrleACE56
At this point in the season, whom would you rather have as our #5 starter?

like does it really matter?

Chisox_cali
08-07-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
This is a tough one for me. I met Rocky a couple of weeks ago and he's a great guy. However, he's spent most of the year in the pen. Parque is more experienced as a starter and if his arm really is back (and that's a might big "if") he's the guy I want out there just because he is a bulldog. Remember it was Parque who precipitated the Detroit brawl in 2000. He don't take no crap from nobody!

On the other hand, if Parque's arm isn't all the way back yet, I'd rather have Biddle. As far as Ritchie goes, he can spend the rest of the year in Kannapolis for all I care.

Yeah I'm torn(no pun intended) between Butter and Rock-o. Rocky is a great guy. Last Year in Anaheim All of the pitchers were heading to the bullpen and I was sittin right above and to the left of the pen, right at the gate where they came in. I took apicture of them as they walked in, Rocky saw me, stopped and looked right into the camera and gave a big ole' grin. It was great.

BuehrleACE56
08-08-2002, 12:52 PM
i have read and heard people say that rocky is a great guy. it's great that we have at least one inside the organization. well i guess paulieis a good guy too and maggs is pretty quiet so maybe we're not too far gone yet. i picked rocky because i want to see parque pitch in the majors again first and see if he has any stuff back. if he does then that will make it a tough choice.