PDA

View Full Version : Lieber to have Tommy John Surgery

Chisox_cali
08-07-2002, 11:05 PM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/0807/1415367.html

First Wood, now Lieber. How much you wanna bet Prior has it in the next couple of years.

WinningUgly!
08-07-2002, 11:08 PM
Sorry to hear that...I hate the sCrUBS, but Lieber is a good guy.

LongDistanceFan
08-07-2002, 11:37 PM
is he worth the investment to sign him, if those morons from the northside don't sign him

Daver
08-07-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
is he worth the investment to sign him, if those morons from the northside don't sign him

No.

LongDistanceFan
08-07-2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by daver

No.

too bad, i wouldn't mind giving him a chance at a lesser pay scale.

Jerry_Manuel
08-07-2002, 11:42 PM
too bad, i wouldn't mind giving him a chance at a lesser pay scale.

No money, LDF.

You keep forgetting that.

LongDistanceFan
08-07-2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

No money, LDF.

You keep forgetting that.

ummm i wonder how much kw makes :?:

Randar68
08-08-2002, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/0807/1415367.html

First Wood, now Lieber. How much you wanna bet Prior has it in the next couple of years.

This is anything but a surprise to me. I've been warning many Cub Fan friends of mine about him for a while now. He depends on the Slider as his primary pitch, he throws across his body (not as bad as Wood or Clement), and he's thrown a ton of innings. The slider is by far the hardest pitch on the elbow.

IMO, either Clement or Cruz are the next to go down (unless Wood does again).

kingkirk04
08-08-2002, 12:47 AM
Lieber has been our workhorse for the past couple of years, and I am not the least bit surprised by this.

I am sick of the way the Cubs(my team, btw) consistenly ruin arms. Carlos Zambrano had surgery earlier in the year, and he is only 21, and has potential to be a good starter. He is 2-2 right now with a 3.45 ERA. Mark Prior is averaging around 110 pitches a game. It won't be long before he is out, despite his great mechanics. We all know about Wood.

Last year the Cubs prided themselves on setting the strikeout record. But we neglect to point out that nearly our entire bullpens' arms fell off, and we lost Wood for a big stretch run in August when things went crumbling down.

LongDistanceFan
08-08-2002, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by kingkirk04
Lieber has been our workhorse for the past couple of years, and I am not the least bit surprised by this.

I am sick of the way the Cubs(my team, btw) consistenly ruin arms. Carlos Zambrano had surgery earlier in the year, and he is only 21, and has potential to be a good starter. He is 2-2 right now with a 3.45 ERA. Mark Prior is averaging around 110 pitches a game. It won't be long before he is out, despite his great mechanics. We all know about Wood.

Last year the Cubs prided themselves on setting the strikeout record. But we neglect to point out that nearly our entire bullpens' arms fell off, and we lost Wood for a big stretch run in August when things went crumbling down.

man, is this a Scrubs board or a sox?

Randar68
08-08-2002, 12:49 AM

Borowski is very similar to Lieber and is also overused...

Randar68
08-08-2002, 12:50 AM

Wood will never be an Ace.

kingkirk04
08-08-2002, 01:12 AM

man, is this a Scrubs board or a sox?

You are making it to sound like it is facist.

LukyBoysConfusin
08-08-2002, 01:20 AM
:Shammy
Maybe I can pitch
:Chimp
Jimmity Chirstmas!
:carter
After having first inning jitters...it's all up-hill from here
:hitless
Hey! what about me! Pitchers are never good hitters...and I fit that profile well

kingkirk04
08-08-2002, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Randar68

Borowski is very similar to Lieber and is also overused...

Yeah, Borowski has been overused. He is our only consistently good pitcher in the pen. Everyone else gives up runs like there is no tomorrow. I think Borowski would probably be our best bet for closer, since Gordon and Alfonseca cant seem to get their job done.

I think we should take our closer's job away, much like you guys did with Foulke. But our management seems to think once a closer, always a closer.

LongDistanceFan
08-08-2002, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by LukyBoysConfusin
Maybe I can pitch
Jimmity Chirstmas!
Hey! what about me! Pitchers are never good hitters...and I fit that profile well

i wonder if a pitcher can bat regularly when he is pitching and royce sit out?

LukyBoysConfusin
08-08-2002, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by LukyBoysConfusin
Maybe I can pitch
Jimmity Chirstmas!

crap i messed up

doublem23
08-08-2002, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
The slider is by far the hardest pitch on the elbow.

Personally, I think the screwball is much harder on the elbow, but that's just my opinion (maybe I just throw it wrong, though).

LongDistanceFan
08-08-2002, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

Personally, I think the screwball is much harder on the elbow, but that's just my opinion (maybe I just throw it wrong, though).

i too think its the screwball.

DonkeyKongerko
08-08-2002, 02:58 AM
ummm just wondering why are we even questioning signing jon lieber...

OF COURSE we are gonna sign him. he is gonna join kenny's 'J' Brigade. Featuring the Jon's: Jon Lieber, Jon Adkins, Jon Garland, and Jim (Jon) Parque. I don't see Mark Buehrle having much of a future with the sox im afraid.