PDA

View Full Version : New All-Star Logo....

kevingrt
08-07-2002, 08:31 PM
The new All-Star Logo: http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/2002/08/07/jdsnLodK.jpg

It actually looks pretty cool and retro...

WinningUgly!
08-07-2002, 09:04 PM
Not bad--gotta love the pinwheels & fireworks!

Chisox_cali
08-07-2002, 09:15 PM
Ya know whats weird usually th logo has the team colors, there is black and white, but also red. Maybe some kind of uniform tweak-age. Add a little red to the already black and white. It would probably look pretty cool.

MarqSox
08-07-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Ya know whats weird usually th logo has the team colors, there is black and white, but also red. Maybe some kind of uniform tweak-age. Add a little red to the already black and white. It would probably look pretty cool.

I agree, but I doubt it's any sort of foreshadow ... there's only so much you can do with black, silver and white. But I really dig the logo nonetheless.

Gargamelle
08-07-2002, 09:49 PM
Logo looks sharp! I'm also thinking it could be foreshadowing a uniform change in the near future... the use of red in the logo, plus, notice the font? It looks quite similar to the font used in the Chicago White Sox logo back in the 80s...

Chisox_cali
08-07-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox

I agree, but I doubt it's any sort of foreshadow ... there's only so much you can do with black, silver and white. But I really dig the logo nonetheless.

I don't think they would do a major change. Maybe just adding a hint of red. Like outlining the S-O-X in red. What I'd really like to see is kinda like what the Giants have. The hats like they are now, but have it black on black with a white background behind the S-O-X. You have to see the Giants hats to know what I mean.

34rancher
08-08-2002, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Gargamelle
Logo looks sharp! I'm also thinking it could be foreshadowing a uniform change in the near future... the use of red in the logo, plus, notice the font? It looks quite similar to the font used in the Chicago White Sox logo back in the 80s...
The Sox logo reminds me of college when we used to get a small piece of black electrical tape to cover the "o" just a little bit in the bottom right corner.

longshot7
08-08-2002, 12:42 AM
God, I hope they don't change the uniforms. We have a BAD history of major fashion faux-pas. How about bringing back that softball uni from the mid-70's. Yuck!!!

Leave my Sox uni's alone!!!

Jjav829
08-08-2002, 01:06 AM
I like the logo. Im surprised. Was I the only one here who before they first saw the new logo, was expecting it to look awful?

doublem23
08-08-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829
I like the logo. Im surprised. Was I the only one here who before they first saw the new logo, was expecting it to look awful?

I was fully expecting them to spell "All-Star" wrong.

ChiWhiteSox1337
08-08-2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

----^ lol
it looks pretty cool, they better not change the white sox jerseys like someone already said. Logo looks cool so hopefully there will be an all star game and it won't end up in a tie :\

TornLabrum
08-08-2002, 09:26 AM
:gallas

"I had nothing to do with the design. Can't you tell?"

34rancher
08-08-2002, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

I was kinda hoping for "Sex" rather than "Sox"

nut_stock
08-08-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by 34rancher

I was kinda hoping for "Sex" rather than "Sox"

Weren't we all...?

Spiff
08-08-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by nut_stock

Weren't we all...?

He's talking about how some people put black tape over part of the O to make it look like "sex" but it is so lamez0r it's sad.

TheBigHurt
08-08-2002, 11:14 AM
yeah the logo is looking pretty sharp