PDA

View Full Version : KW, will he be fired?

DrCrawdad
08-07-2002, 01:30 PM
:KW

[list=1]
Will Kenny Williams be fired before the start of the 2003 season?
If KW does get fired, who'll become the new White Sox GM?
[/list=1]

RedPinStripes
08-07-2002, 01:32 PM
Never happen. He does what JR says. He's a puppet who will have a job till he steps down.

Zednem700
08-07-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
:KW

[list=1]
Will Kenny Williams be fired before the start of the 2003 season?
If KW does get fired, who'll become the new White Sox GM?
[/list=1]

I doubt he'll be fired. As far as who would replace him if he does get tossed, who cares? A magic eight ball couldn't be much worse than Kenny.

KingXerxes
08-07-2002, 01:57 PM
Other GMs who could do a better job than Kenny Williams:

A pair of dice

A cigar store indian

My lawn

The voltage regulator off of a 1967 Buick

DrCrawdad
08-07-2002, 02:06 PM
If the reports about KW turning over a clubhouse table are true, then I think he'll be gone. Or at least I hope he'll be gone.

If KW was dumped, I wouldn't be surprised if Schu stepped back into the job.
:schueler

Then there is the remote possibility of Reinsdorf hiring his buddy.

DrCrawdad
08-07-2002, 02:06 PM

NC_sox_fan
08-07-2002, 02:10 PM
Kenny is anything BUT a puppet to Reinsdorf. He does whatever he pleases, but brown-noses Uncle Jerry and anyone else he can. There is definately a group of 'pro-Kenny' people is the organization and they are muscling the 'anti-Kenny' people out. If it doesn't stop soon the handful of decent people still clinging to their jobs will be gone.

It's nice to see the fans in Chicago taking a stand against what is happening to the Sox. Organizing and making a statement at a game is a great idea. Go for it!!! Rally the troops ASAP!!!!

duke of dorwood
08-07-2002, 02:25 PM
He may be "promoted" sometime in the future, but never fired.

KingXerxes
08-07-2002, 02:41 PM
I have only heard Kenny Williams speak a couple of times. The one I remember most is when WSCR had him on the radio. He strikes me as someone who thinks he's a lot smarter than he really is. Couple that with an organization which does not possess the ability to be embarrassed by itself and you've got one hell of a combination.

kermittheefrog
08-07-2002, 02:42 PM
I hope Kenny is fired. I think the best candidates to replace him would be A's assistant GM Paul DePodesta and BoSox assistant Theo Epstein.

Jerry_Manuel
08-07-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
I hope Kenny is fired. I think the best candidates to replace him would be A's assistant GM Paul DePodesta and BoSox assistant Theo Epstein.

The Sox usually don't go outside the organization.

Maybe the Chairman will take over. That'd be funny.

DrCrawdad
08-07-2002, 03:03 PM

Interesting.

I have a feeling though that instead of Epstein, we'd end up with Arnold Horshack.

Jerry_Manuel
08-07-2002, 03:04 PM
I have a feeling though that instead of Epstein, we'd end up with Arnold Horshack.

:reinsy
"The names have all changed since you been around..."

rmusacch
08-07-2002, 03:06 PM

Andrew,
You have mentioned DePodesta before? What do you know about either of these guys? Why do you think they would make a good GM? I would be willing to bet these guys are statheads if you are pushing for them.

rmusacch
08-07-2002, 03:08 PM
If the reports about KW turning over a clubhouse table are true, then I think he'll be gone. Or at least I hope he'll be gone.

If KW was dumped, I wouldn't be surprised if Schu stepped back into the job.
:schueler

Was the story about pushing over a clubhouse table in the papers recently?

Jerry_Manuel
08-07-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
You have mentioned DePodesta before? What do you know about either of these guys? Why do you think they would make a good GM?

I know nothing about DePodesta. However, if he's working with Billy Beane go get him.

spaz
08-07-2002, 03:10 PM
actually who they should get is pat gallick from seattle, who I belive does not have a contract to stay on next year, but doubtful jerry would by smart enough to notice!

Jerry_Manuel
08-07-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
Was the story about pushing over a clubhouse table in the papers recently?

No, it happened earlier this season.

It's mentioned on the Score quite often. That's why it seems like it just happened.