PDA

View Full Version : Best Tools -- Aaa

SoxxoS
08-07-2002, 11:37 AM
Best defensive 3B --
Joe Crede

JOE CREDE, White Sox
"I was trying to think of anyone Iíve come across who can be a superstar in the big leagues, and he was one of the first guys I thought of. Heís very modest, heís a good kid and his parents raised him the right way. But deep down he knows heís good. Iíve told him this in person, but heís got a chance to make a lot of money and be a great player, and one of these days heís going to do that."
ĖColorado Springs Sky Sox manager Chris Cron, who managed Charlotte third baseman Joe Crede for three seasons.

That's it, by the way. But remember, they just list one player from each league.

kermittheefrog
08-07-2002, 11:50 AM
Some of people responding to that poll are smoking some good stuff if they think Brandon Larson is the best batting prospect in the International League.

SoxxoS
08-07-2002, 12:00 PM
Yeah, I have a hard time believing that Brandon Larson has greater power potential than Borchard. Ive never even heard of Brandon Larson, and I follow the minor leagues pretty closely. BTW, Borchard has is average up to .270 after that July swoon. He also hit his 16th homer yesterday.

kermittheefrog
08-07-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Yeah, I have a hard time believing that Brandon Larson has greater power potential than Borchard. Ive never even heard of Brandon Larson, and I follow the minor leagues pretty closely. BTW, Borchard has is average up to .270 after that July swoon. He also hit his 16th homer yesterday.

Several years ago Larson was the best hitter coming out of college as a shortstop and was drafted in the first round by the Reds. He struggled in the minors and was gnerally labelled a dissapointment. Prior to the season he had laser eye surgery and has really come through big this season but he turned 26 in May so he's not a prospect in the same way that Borchard is a prospect. He also moved to thirdbase somewhere down the minor league road.

MarkEdward
08-07-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Some of people responding to that poll are smoking some good stuff if they think Brandon Larson is the best batting prospect in the International League.

Who would you have picked? Cust? Choi?

kermittheefrog
08-07-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward

Who would you have picked? Cust? Choi?

Cust and Choi are both in the PCL. Josh Phelps of Syracuse would be my pick.

MarkEdward
08-07-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

Cust and Choi are both in the PCL. Josh Phelps of Syracuse would be my pick.

Isn't Phelps up with the Blue Jays now, and playing regularly? My mistake on Cust and Choi.

LongDistanceFan
08-07-2002, 06:06 PM
i didn't want to start a new thread and wasn't sure if its been posted yet. but honel is or guessed that he is in the top 6 for minor leaguer of the year award. even tho he might not make it, its good to hear this.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/columnists/askba.html

kermittheefrog
08-07-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward

Isn't Phelps up with the Blue Jays now, and playing regularly? My mistake on Cust and Choi.

Yeah he is but he spent most of the year so far in Syracuse. Larson was also just called up.