PDA

View Full Version : YES, Ritchie on DL & Parque IS BACK

kevingrt
08-07-2002, 09:33 AM
I can't wait to see Parque in a Sox uniform again

Read all the news right here Ritchie put on DL; Parque recalled (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20020807&content_id=98321&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp)

I just don't know what to do with KW, don't we have like Corwin Malone or Kris Honel ready, or Billy Simas, OR ANYBODY BETTER then JIM PARQUE. I mean I know we suck but can't we at least be competitive!!!!????

delben91
08-07-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by kevingrt
or Kris Honel ready

Not Honel, not now, he's no where near ready. That would be a Mike Caruso type situation, even if he finished the year well, which would be doubtful, it would greatly hinder his development. I don't even think KW is that out of it to pull that kind of a stunt.

doublem23
08-07-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by kevingrt

I just don't know what to do with KW, don't we have like Corwin Malone or Kris Honel ready, or Billy Simas, OR ANYBODY BETTER then JIM PARQUE. I mean I know we suck but can't we at least be competitive!!!!????

Why rush two of our top prospects? Are we still trying to save 2002?

ode to veeck
08-07-2002, 10:40 AM
anyone with a recent update on Butter's velocity numbers? In his earlier appearance to the show, he could barely tap batting practice numbers with obvious results KW and JM notwithstanding

delben91
08-07-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
anyone with a recent update on Butter's velocity numbers? In his earlier appearance to the show, he could barely tap batting practice numbers with obvious results KW and JM notwithstanding

For some reason I remember hearing that around the time he started becoming more effective in charlotte, about a month ago, was when he'd gotten most of his velocity back. I could be way off on that though, so any other input would be welcome.

soxrme
08-07-2002, 10:55 AM
He was brought up as a favor from KW ti Mike Cameron. :gulp:

WinningUgly!
08-07-2002, 06:20 PM
From Ritchie to Parque...what a great feeling!

It's kinda like asking the person who keeps stomping on your toes to stop doing it...so he moves on to kicking you in the groin.

LongDistanceFan
08-07-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

It's kinda like asking the person who keeps stomping on your toes to stop doing it...so he moves on to kicking you in the groin.

what an analogy, funny! :gulp:

yyz
08-08-2002, 12:16 PM
I think the Trib said he was currently hitting a high of 89mph, which doesn't bode well.

Nonetheless, I'll be happy to see him again. He's firey, he really wants to win and if he pitches decently he will bring back fond memories of 2000. His performance in game one of the ALCS was top-notch - held them to 3 runs despite being injured. If he pitches well enough that he can spout off without being called on it, he might light a fire under these guys.

DrWatson27
08-08-2002, 12:36 PM
Just when we thought ANYTHING would be better than Ritchie along comes BUTTER!

WSI should have a contest "How many runs does Butter give up in his first outing back?" My input is 2/3 IP, 6 ER, 8 H, 2 W, 0 K

LongDistanceFan
08-08-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by DrWatson27
Just when we thought ANYTHING would be better than Ritchie along comes BUTTER!

WSI should have a contest "How many runs does Butter give up in his first outing back?" My input is 2/3 IP, 6 ER, 8 H, 2 W, 0 K

well i do hope he does better. i wonder why all the hard feeling against him

delben91
08-08-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan

well i do hope he does better. i wonder why all the hard feeling against him

It might have something to do with his "certainty" that velocity didn't matter earlier in the year. He bitched so much that KW brought him up and Jim promptly got shelled by the A's. Just left over animosities to him having a big mouth and not being able to back it up. But that's just my theory.

raul12
08-08-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by delben91

It might have something to do with his "certainty" that velocity didn't matter earlier in the year. He bitched so much that KW brought him up and Jim promptly got shelled by the A's. Just left over animosities to him having a big mouth and not being able to back it up. But that's just my theory.

didn't he also get shelled against the angels? if i recall correctly, this was right about the time we really started to suck....could it be that's when the players gave up b/c they saw that management didn't give a flying f--- either?

Soxheads
08-08-2002, 02:49 PM
I see Parque going 5 2/3, giving up 3 runs on seven hits.