PDA

View Full Version : Sirotka


Chisox_cali
08-07-2002, 04:27 AM
Anybody here anything about him? Progress in his rehab? He must have had the worst tear of his labrum all of the M*A*S*H unit. I know that he's arbitation eligable next season. That would be cool if he were ever to come back to the Sox, but I know that will NEVER happen as long as KW is here. KW hates him and he hates KW. Same situation with with Sean Lowe.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-07-2002, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Anybody here anything about him? Progress in his rehab? He must have had the worst tear of his labrum all of the M*A*S*H unit. I know that he's arbitation eligable next season. That would be cool if he were ever to come back to the Sox, but I know that will NEVER happen as long as KW is here. KW hates him and he hates KW. Same situation with with Sean Lowe.

It's that exact hatred that did the Wells & Ritchie deals. Those deals have turned into the absolute worst in recent memory.

baggio202
08-07-2002, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Anybody here anything about him? Progress in his rehab? He must have had the worst tear of his labrum all of the M*A*S*H unit. I know that he's arbitation eligable next season. That would be cool if he were ever to come back to the Sox, but I know that will NEVER happen as long as KW is here. KW hates him and he hates KW. Same situation with with Sean Lowe.

got this from the toronto boards...sirotka last year had surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff and three tears in his labrum...he rehabbed very agressively and when that didnt work he changed to some alternative rehab approaches (whatever that means)...last week he just had another surgery on his shoulder by a specealist in rhode island thats doing some kind of new surgery... they removed a lot of scar tissue.....they expect him to start throwing in a couple of weeks and possibly make a rehab start or two before the end of the season...if sirotka makes it back all the way it will probably considered a medical miracle...i dont think any pitcher who has had the amount of damage to his shoulder that siro suffered every returned to the majors with any success..good luck mike

MarkEdward
08-07-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by baggio202


got this from the toronto boards...sirotka last year had surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff and three tears in his labrum...he rehabbed very agressively and when that didnt work he changed to some alternative rehab approaches (whatever that means)...last week he just had another surgery on his shoulder by a specealist in rhode island thats doing some kind of new surgery... they removed a lot of scar tissue.....they expect him to start throwing in a couple of weeks and possibly make a rehab start or two before the end of the season...if sirotka makes it back all the way it will probably considered a medical miracle...i dont think any pitcher who has had the amount of damage to his shoulder that siro suffered every returned to the majors with any success..good luck mike

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm hoping he makes a full recovery.

doublem23
08-07-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by MarkEdward


I don't know about anyone else, but I'm hoping he makes a full recovery.

Hell yeah. Mike Sirotka is the man. I used to love going to Comiskey and watching him pitch. Second favorite Sox player ever.

delben91
08-07-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by doublem23


Hell yeah. Mike Sirotka is the man.

I'll agree with that. Siro was sort of like Rowand (though Siro has more natural talent) in that he had the team first, going all out all the time attitude about the game.

doublem23
08-07-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by delben91


I'll agree with that. Siro was sort of like Rowand (though Siro has more natural talent) in that he had the team first, going all out all the time attitude about the game.

Yeah, I remember back in 1999 (?) or 2000, even, watching Sirotka just battle with the Yankees; only to lose like, 2-1 or 1-0.

Good times, good times.

doublem23
08-07-2002, 12:06 PM
Found this (http://boards.sportsnet.ca/Baseball/02/06/25/1449216.shtml) on some Blue Jay board... Might help, but my is that an ugly message board.

Zooooooooooooooooooooo-wheeeeeeeee!

Zooooooooooooooooooooo-wheeeeeeeee!

Soxheads
08-07-2002, 04:11 PM
I used to e-mail Sirotka, and when he responded he was very friendly.

I remember when he went up against Pedro, and lost 1-0, on something like two hits.

Jjav829
08-08-2002, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Soxheads
I used to e-mail Sirotka, and when he responded he was very friendly.

I remember when he went up against Pedro, and lost 1-0, on something like two hits.

Yeah that was a great game. Sirotka pitched great and if it wasn't for Valentin's error, he might have won.

Too bad for Mike. I always liked him, I hope he can come back.

JoseCanseco6969
08-08-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Found this (http://boards.sportsnet.ca/Baseball/02/06/25/1449216.shtml) on some Blue Jay board... Might help, but my is that an ugly message board.

Zooooooooooooooooooooo-wheeeeeeeee!

Zooooooooooooooooooooo-wheeeeeeeee!

wow, they seem to think their GM is the worst in baseball. I guess those canadians havent heard much about our beloved KW

:KW

"Eh, my name is Keny, wait Is that how you spell it?"

Foulke You
08-08-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829


Yeah that was a great game. Sirotka pitched great and if it wasn't for Valentin's error, he might have won.

Too bad for Mike. I always liked him, I hope he can come back.

Yeah, that was the game where Siro dueled Pedro to the finish but in the end Pedro was getting about 6 inches off the plate called for strikes and Siro wasn't. Then hitting coach Von Joshua got tossed for demonstrating to the umpire with a large towel how wide his strike zone was for Pedro.

Yes, the Valentin error cost us the game but it was the only game that year his errors hurt us. The ump had a huge part of the outcome of that game too. A little home cookin' at Fenway for Pedro.