PDA

View Full Version : Can you take one more rant?

SoxxoS
08-07-2002, 12:39 AM
I was reading on thesportingnews.com that when a doctor asks a pitcher what's wrong, they shutter when the pitcher says "shoulder." I guess the shoulder injury is a lot tougher to come back from. Ask Sirotka, Rauch, Howry, Osuna, and Parque. But if a pitcher says "elbow" its no biggie, since Tommy John has been perfected so much. Our luck, our pitchers had shoulder problems. But that just adds to the pile of dung we Sox fans put up with-The Owner, the Cant miss prospects (Where are you Scotty Ruffcorn and Rodney Boulton), The attendance, etc. etc. etc. I am beginning to think I would miss not having question marks at the beginning of the season. Seriously. It just has become second nature to not know what kind of a season you are going to get, which is the worst. If you are Seattle or the Yanks, you know you are going to be good. If you are detroit or the Pirates, you know you are going to be bad. It sucks to be us, b/c we are fed this "optimism" which is all a bunch of BS, to make us excited about the year ahead. If we would have sit back and looked at this years team from an unbiased-perspective, we would have saw we werent going to be that good. Just based on the fact of our horrible defense with young starting pitching. That just doesnt work in the Majors. But we are fed this "look at the second half of last year, and "all our pitchers are coming back, and so if the big hurt." And we were thinking, man, our division sucks, and we are getting our players back, and the big hurt, this is going to be great! Well, it hasn't turned out that way. And let me tell you, I am not suprised in the least.

"Is there any more sh*t we can pile on to the outcome of this case...Is it possible?" --My Cousin Vinny.

RKMeibalane
08-07-2002, 12:47 AM
Hindsight is 20/20. It is obvious now that this team had several holes that weren't addressed during spring training because the organization believed that the team's offense would be strong enough to carry the Sox through the regular season. We know now that we were wrong to expect so much of this group.

Having said that, I don't think anyone thought that Frank Thomas would struggle as much as he has. I also don't believe anyone thought Todd Ritchie would implode on the mound, either. There is plenty of blame to go around for the disaster that is the 2002 Chicago White Sox, but there have been many unforseen problems, as well.

There are always some questions marks entering a new season. I hope that the Sox will take the necessary steps to improve the ballclub in the offseason. If not, we will see a repeat performance in 2003.

Jerry_Manuel
08-07-2002, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
There are always some questions marks entering a new season. I hope that the Sox will take the necessary steps to improve the ballclub in the offseason. If not, we will see a repeat performance in 2003.

I think they'll be better next year with the kids starting from the beginning of the season.

RKMeibalane
08-07-2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I think they'll be better next year with the kids starting from the beginning of the season.

Does that include LTP?

doublem23
08-07-2002, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Or replacement players.

Wait, can they even do that?

Jerry_Manuel
08-07-2002, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Does that include LTP?

I want to say yes, but something is telling me no.

Originally posted by doublem23
Or replacement players.

Wait, can they even do that?

I don't think so.