PDA

View Full Version : Well it's official

Jjav829
08-07-2002, 12:30 AM
Todd Ritchie is on the 15 day DL, and Jim Parque will take his spot. YES!! Let the winning streak begin.

Randar68
08-07-2002, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Todd Ritchie is on the 15 day DL, and Jim Parque will take his spot. YES!! Let the winning streak begin.

awwwww, my Labrum hurts....

:whiner:

RKMeibalane
08-07-2002, 12:34 AM
Fire Williams! Parque is worse than Ritchie.

TornLabrum
08-07-2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

Parque was coming off an injury when he was up before and he was nowhere near ready, even though he thought he was. He's looked decent his last few outings at Charlotte. Might as well give him a try. He is earning a major league salary.

:reinsy

"And that's the bottom line, folks!"

Jerry_Manuel
08-07-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
awwwww, my Labrum hurts....

:whiner:

If Jim gets to start against Anaheim, it'll get real ugly real quick.

Jim has been pitching a little better.

MisterB
08-07-2002, 12:46 AM
:nardi
"I claim one last victim! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA..."

RKMeibalane
08-07-2002, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by MisterB
:nardi
"I claim one last victim! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA..."

Nardi, I'm gonna' kick your ass!

JoseCanseco6969
08-07-2002, 12:51 AM

seriously, i dont think anyone is worse than ritchie except maybe this man
:jaime

BuehrleACE56
08-07-2002, 02:38 AM
parque talked his way into coming up b4 he was ready. he got sent back and hopefully learned a lesson. he seems to have straightened things out so why not give him a shot. we have nothing to lose but more games. he cant be worse than ritchie. but why not rauch? is he hurt or something? lets see the kids!

voodoochile
08-07-2002, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by BuehrleACE56
parque talked his way into coming up b4 he was ready. he got sent back and hopefully learned a lesson. he seems to have straightened things out so why not give him a shot. we have nothing to lose but more games. he cant be worse than ritchie. but why not rauch? is he hurt or something? lets see the kids!

No Rauch, period. Let the kid fully recover from his off season surgery and early season trauma. Then bring him up next year for ST and see how he does. He may need to start NEXT year in AAA to get fully ready to face big league hitters, IMO.

If Parque is finally healthy, he will be a starter next year for the team. He might as well start seeing how he does sooner rather than later.

Actually, that is what I think this is really all about. They want to give Parque a tryout, so they can figure out if they can do next years pitching staff on the cheap (Buehrle, Parque, Garland, Wright and pick-a-cheap-veteran/try-another-minor-leaguer) before the season ends. Ritchie probably does not HAVE to be on the DL, but they have publicly stated that they do not want to see him hit 20 losses with all the negative publicity that will mean...

:selljerry

please... pretty please?

RedPinStripes
08-07-2002, 03:03 AM
Why do i have this feeling about this move?

:ritchie
Honestly coach. My shoulder is fine.

:jerry
You suck Todd. Shut the **** up before the wsi posters attack you on the mound on your next start.

Chisox_cali
08-07-2002, 04:08 AM
I don't know I've always like parque, and his bulldog mentality. I remember ditching school to watch game 1 of the ALDS in 2000, and him going on there and pitching with all his heart, even though I'm sure that Labrum was already ripped. That was gutsy, very gutsy and I'll always remember that about Jim. I wish him the best this time around, and I hope he can be a contributor next season as well.

duke of dorwood
08-07-2002, 08:42 AM
I agree, Cali-there have been so many gutless performances this year, seeing someone battle may be a positive thing for some of the players.

:hurt

I know for a fact, Parque never slides

kevingrt
08-07-2002, 10:36 AM
I can't wait to see Parque in a Sox uniform again

Read all the news right here Ritchie put on DL; Parque recalled (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20020807&content_id=98321&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp)

I just don't know what to do with KW, don't we have like Corwin Malone or Kris Honel ready, or Billy Simas, OR ANYBODY BETTER then JIM PARQUE. I mean I know we suck but can't we at least be competitive!!!!????

(Hey, and whoever modereates this can delete my post)

CubKilla
08-07-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Why do i have this feeling about this move?

:ritchie
Honestly coach. My shoulder is fine.

:jerry
You suck Todd. Shut the **** up before the wsi posters attack you on the mound on your next start.

You know what? I don't think your that far from the truth. It didn't appear that Ritchie was having any problems on Saturday against Tampa Bay. He just sucks! This may have come from the REAL manager, "Table-Tosser" KW to save face..... albeit somewhat. Sox fans will never forget this trade.

delben91
08-07-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla

You know what? I don't think your that far from the truth. It didn't appear that Ritchie was having any problems on Saturday against Tampa Bay.

If the gun on WGN is remotely accurate, Todd was in the 93-96 range on his fastball. Not the sign of a sore shoulder. Obviously, the gun readings don't make a good pitcher, and I'm not saying they do, but as far as health is concerned, velocity is one of several indicators, and Ritchie still has his it seems.

RedPinStripes
08-07-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by delben91

If the gun on WGN is remotely accurate, Todd was in the 93-96 range on his fastball. Not the sign of a sore shoulder. Obviously, the gun readings don't make a good pitcher, and I'm not saying they do, but as far as health is concerned, velocity is one of several indicators, and Ritchie still has his it seems.

Yup. We're being lied to. For the better.

Iguana775
08-07-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Yup. We're being lied to. For the better.

from what i saw, it looks like he has piss poor mechanics. he looks all herky-jerky on the mound. and hawk said that he tends to drop his breaking ball about 4 feet short a lot this year. that could be another indecation that poor mechanics.