PDA

View Full Version : Sox Notes


basilesox
08-06-2002, 11:21 PM
Like most fans I have only seen Crede in his brief appearances on the club last year and this year so far. He looks absolutely horrible in my opinion. I am surprised with his numbers at the AAA level. The only hit I have seen is a weak single that barely got out of the infield. He is falling behind in the count, he rarely takes pitches, except the first pitch which is usually a strike (because pitchers arent exactly afraid to fire the first one down the middle against him). Also, Does anybody know why he stands there like a doof with his bat on his shoulder until the last minute....shouldn't he get his stance ready and lock in. I dont mean to just rip on the kid, but I really thought he was supposed to be the man.........

Ordonez looks completely locked in. He is playing better than he ever has. He is quickly becoming what he has been touted to be. One of the top 5 hitters in the game.

And Finally.............When are we gonna try some alternatives on the mound. If a guy has an ERA around 5.50 or something.....HE SHOULD NOT START. I have seen the cubs start at least ten different guys this year.... and their starters are way better then ours. The guy they threw out tonight got rocked, but I would like to see them try different guys and get rocked instead of sending the same crappy guys out there to get rocked every time. Sorry about the length of this post, but I didnt want it to get put under the other Crede post, because this post has more meaning to it. So i included other stuff.. Let me know what you guys think....The book is finally over.

kermittheefrog
08-06-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by basilesox
When are we gonna try some alternatives on the mound. If a guy has an ERA around 5.50 or something.....HE SHOULD NOT START.

Come on man give them a break. With the Sox payroll constraints how do you think they can afford to pay people smart enough to realize 5.50 & 6.18 ERAs are tremendously bad?

Jerry_Manuel
08-06-2002, 11:40 PM
When are we gonna try some alternatives on the mound. If a guy has an ERA around 5.50 or something.....HE SHOULD NOT START.

Like who? Jim Parque do anything for you? He's right there for ya, peanut butter sandwiches and all. Other than that the Sox options aren't looking to good.

LukyBoysConfusin
08-07-2002, 12:09 AM
My god calm down! He's been here like a week? Let him settle in he's a rookie...I think were expecting too much from him too early... look at his #'s in AAA? Yes, I know AAA ball is different from the majors...but it's close. With the #'s he had in AAA he has to at least equal those #'s in a couple years

CubKilla
08-07-2002, 12:10 AM
I'll say this. I'm all for giving Crede time. But he has been in the big leagues twice before and did the same stuff he's doing now. Some blame the batting stance, the fact that the first two times he wasn't supposed to be with the team, etc. Now is Crede's time to shine. It's up to him what he does with the opportunity to start almost everyday. Let's just hope he's not another Kevin Orie. And I said it once so I'll say it again..... I'll wait till he has atleast 100 AB's before passing judgment on the kid.

Randar68
08-07-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by basilesox
Like most fans I have only seen Crede in his brief appearances on the club last year and this year so far. He looks absolutely horrible in my opinion. I am surprised with his numbers at the AAA level. The only hit I have seen is a weak single that barely got out of the infield. He is falling behind in the count, he rarely takes pitches, except the first pitch which is usually a strike (because pitchers arent exactly afraid to fire the first one down the middle against him). Also, Does anybody know why he stands there like a doof with his bat on his shoulder until the last minute....shouldn't he get his stance ready and lock in. I dont mean to just rip on the kid, but I really thought he was supposed to be the man.........

Ordonez looks completely locked in. He is playing better than he ever has. He is quickly becoming what he has been touted to be. One of the top 5 hitters in the game.

And Finally.............When are we gonna try some alternatives on the mound. If a guy has an ERA around 5.50 or something.....HE SHOULD NOT START. I have seen the cubs start at least ten different guys this year.... and their starters are way better then ours. The guy they threw out tonight got rocked, but I would like to see them try different guys and get rocked instead of sending the same crappy guys out there to get rocked every time. Sorry about the length of this post, but I didnt want it to get put under the other Crede post, because this post has more meaning to it. So i included other stuff.. Let me know what you guys think....The book is finally over.


Can we get a tag that combines:

:whoflungpoo

:chickenlittle

RKMeibalane
08-07-2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Randar68



Can we get a tag that combines:

:whoflungpoo

:chickenlittle

You can, but it may not be appropriate. You could replace the baseballs on the chicken little tag with turds. Just a thought.

doublem23
08-07-2002, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Randar68



Can we get a tag that combines:

:whoflungpoo

:chickenlittle

We could, but I don't think anyone can be blamed for being a Chicken Little right now (well, maybe on the whole Crede thing).

This team blows.

Randar68
08-07-2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by doublem23


We could, but I don't think anyone can be blamed for being a Chicken Little right now (well, maybe on the whole Crede thing).

This team blows.

This team has no heart and it starts with their leader. Anyone who hasn't been able to see this since June 1st is blind.

Jerry_Manuel
08-07-2002, 12:40 AM
Hmm...

Jerry_Manuel
08-07-2002, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
This team has no heart and it starts with their leader. Anyone who hasn't been able to see this since June 1st is blind.

Manager has no heart. GM is angry at everyone and having secret meetings with the players.

God bless the Sox.