PDA

View Full Version : Rant

RKMeibalane
08-06-2002, 11:12 PM
This is the first-class organization that Reinsdorf had in mind? Give me a break! The 2002 Chicago White Sox are one of the most dissapoiting teams I have ever seen. Now, I know how Mets fans felt when their 1992 squad finished 72-90, just two games ahead of the last-place Phillies in the National League East.

I have never seen a baseball team that is as disorganized as this year's White Sox. It's pathetic. Jerry Manuel has lost control of this team. Every day it seems, players are yelling at each other in the clubhouse, someone is unhappy with playing time, or and someone else is worried about who he is going to sign with before next season.

The on-the-field action has been mediocre at best. Sox officials promised that the team's potent offense would more than comphensate for an inexperienced pitching staff. Fans were told that the trio of Thomas, Ordonez, and Konerko would provide season-long fireworks. Konerko and Thomas have provided fireworks, all right, but not the sort that traslate into winning baseball games.

Manuel should have been fired after that disastorous week in late spring when the Yankees and Indians stomped the Sox in six striaght embarrassing games. But no. Reinsdorf refused to do his job, and instead, allowed Manuel to continue tinkering with the lineup and Kenny Williams to trade half the roster for a jar of dill pickles.

How much longer is this garbage going to be on display? I don't remember the last time JM used the same lineup two nights in a row. His tinkering is one of the reasons why the Sox have not been able to establish any consistency this season. After all, how can a team sustain any momentum in generates if the players responsible aren't in the lineup each day?

Williams should be fired, if for no other reason, because he accquire Royce Clayton and Todd Ritchie in consecutive years. Those two men aren't worthy of being part of Major League organization. Ritchie was on pace for twenty losses. Only his demotion to the bullpen- two months too late- may prevent that dubious achievement from becoming reality.

Attendance at Comiskey is at an all time low. This is yet another result of the Reinsdorf administration. JR fails to realize that fans aren't going to attend games unless he starts putting forth effort on a daily basis.

It is not lost on anyone who visits this board that Reinsdorf has apparently been giving the Bulls his undivided attention this summer. It would be nice if he did the same for the Sox, but that may be asking too much of him. The man obviously doesn't care anymore. He needs to sell.

The 2003 season will soon be upon us. What the Sox roster will look like in February is anyone's guess. What's for sure is that countless fans have said they never want to go through another season like this one, and it's not even over yet. As long as the Sox are run by a group of idiots, nothing will improve. In fact, things may get much worse. I can think of one thing that would eventually solve all of the Sox problems. I leave you with the following statement:

Jerry Reinsdorf, get the HELL OUT!

Jerry_Manuel
08-07-2002, 12:00 AM
The 2002 Chicago White Sox are one of the most dissapoiting teams I have ever seen.

I honestly don't understand why expectations were so high. They shouldn't be this many games under, but their not a first place team.

I have never seen a baseball team that is as disorganized as this year's White Sox. It's pathetic. Jerry Manuel has lost control of this team.

Manuel never had control of the team to begin with. The finger needs to be pointed at Kenny Williams. No real major league manager would stand for his crap. From traveling with team, to tipping over tables with dinner on them, and of course his secret meetings. Your manager cannot have that type of guy in the clubhouse, and still have control of the team.

The on-the-field action has been mediocre at best. Sox officials promised that the team's potent offense would more than comphensate for an inexperienced pitching staff. Fans were told that the trio of Thomas, Ordonez, and Konerko would provide season-long fireworks. Konerko and Thomas have provided fireworks, all right, but not the sort that traslate into winning baseball games.

Ordonez and Konerko can only do so much. Kenny Lofton and Sandy Alomar are done. If Lofton still had gas in the tank he wouldn't have landed in the Sox lap. Clayton, we know his deal. Lee, like Durham is very hot and cold. Valentin doesn't look to hot without a red-hot Thomas hitting behind him.

After all, how can a team sustain any momentum in generates if the players responsible aren't in the lineup each day?

Players responsible, eh? Guys like Lofton, Durham, Thomas, Konerko and Magglio correct? They were in there damn near every day. Lofton had a few injuries here and there and we know Franks' story. So the guys your banking on hitting the ball were in there every day. His other tinkering has been totally uncalled for.

Attendance at Comiskey is at an all time low. This is yet another result of the Reinsdorf administration. JR fails to realize that fans aren't going to attend games unless he starts putting forth effort on a daily basis.

It is not lost on anyone who visits this board that Reinsdorf has apparently been giving the Bulls his undivided attention this summer. It would be nice if he did the same for the Sox, but that may be asking too much of him. The man obviously doesn't care anymore.

Are you saying it's not the fans fault? Fans won't go to games until he's gone. It's going to take years of good marketing and a good team to fix the damage he's done.

If the Bulls get good again, he'll come out of his hole. Organizations win.....BLA!

He needs to sell
:selljerry

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-07-2002, 12:07 AM
If we had lived up to expectations then we would be in first place right now. However JM has no idea how to get the best out of his players. He'd rather sing koom-ba-ya & coddle his guys than do what it takes to motivate them to play ball.

Jerry_Manuel
08-07-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
If we had lived up to expectations then we would be in first place right now. However JM has no idea how to get the best out of his players. He'd rather sing koom-ba-ya & coddle his guys than do what it takes to motivate them to play ball.

If Thomas was hitting they might be closer. If Lofton had gas in the tank they might've been closer. If Ritchie wasn't awful in a stretch when they needed him to step up, they might've been closer.

Manuel has made way to many errors this season, but the players weren't getting the job done.

RKMeibalane
08-07-2002, 12:12 AM
...I'm just curious. Do you have some sort of fascination with picking apart my posts?

doublem23
08-07-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
...I'm just curious. Do you have some sort of fascination with picking apart my posts?

That's just his thang.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-07-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Manuel has made way to many errors this season, but the players weren't getting the job done.

Exactly. Manuel has not done his job at all, so now all the guys are just plain lazy. Following the example of their manager they are all just sitting around collecting a paycheck.

Jerry_Manuel
08-07-2002, 12:13 AM

No.

I just find it easier to address each point I had a thought on. Your posts are usually longer than others, so I have to break it down.

Jerry_Manuel
08-07-2002, 12:15 AM
Exactly. Manuel has not done his job at all, so now all the guys are just plain lazy. Following the example of their manager they are all just sitting around collecting a paycheck.

I think Manuel is just waiting to get fired. He'll be waiting awhile if that is indeed the case.

RKMeibalane
08-07-2002, 12:16 AM
In that case, I should probably refrain from writing books on this message board. :)

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-07-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I think Manuel is just waiting to get fired. He'll be waiting awhile if that is indeed the case.

If he wants out so bad then why doesn't he just quit?

I guess he feels the need to torture Sox fans a little more.

:jerry "I'm an evil man."

RKMeibalane
08-07-2002, 12:20 AM

I guess he feels the need to torture Sox fans a little more.

:jerry "I'm an evil man."

If JM resigns, he thereby forfets the remainder of his contract, so the Sox don't have to pay him. OTOH, if he is fired, they have to pay him until his contract expires. Like you said earlier, he's collecting a paycheck.

doublem23
08-07-2002, 12:20 AM

Must be the money!

Isn't that quaint? Getting paid your full salary despite the fact that you are completely incompetent.

Jerry_Manuel
08-07-2002, 12:21 AM
In that case, I should probably refrain from writing books on this message board. :)

Don't worry about me, I haven't had a baseball thought that meant anything in years.

He doesn't get paid if he quits. He may not know how to handle the catching situation or a bullpen, but he knows how to get paid.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-07-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

Must be the money!

I'm so sick of hearing the word money attached to anything regarding sports. I'm actually kind of hoping for a players strike so we might be able to rewrite the rules & fix baseball for keeps.

RKMeibalane
08-07-2002, 12:32 AM

I'm so sick of hearing the word money attached to anything regarding sports. I'm actually kind of hoping for a players strike so we might be able to rewrite the rules & fix baseball for keeps.

There is little hope of baseball being fixed as long as Fehr and Selig are around. Those two morons are as bad as Manuel and Williams.

:KW

"Are you saying that I would be a good choice as MLB Commissioner?"

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-07-2002, 12:34 AM

There is little hope of baseball being fixed as long as Fehr and Selig are around. Those two morons are as bad as Manuel and Williams.

"Are you saying that I would be a good choice as MLB Commissioner?"

KW AS COMMISH!?!?!? You should be shot for saying that! :D:

doublem23
08-07-2002, 12:36 AM

KW AS COMMISH!?!?!? You should be shot for saying that! :D:

Misery loves company... All baseball fans will feel our pain.

I think Orlando needs a baseball team.