PDA

View Full Version : Adkins

OEO Magglio
08-06-2002, 09:34 PM
Adkins pitched another real good game in AAA today he went 7innings letting up 1 earned run, 2 walks and 5 strikeouts, and he got the win, thats two good starts in a row for him.

Daver
08-06-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
Adkins pitched another real good game in AAA today he went 7innings letting up 1 earned run, 2 walks and 5 strikeouts, and he got the win, thats two good starts in a row for him.

I would love to see this guy prove me wrong,but I still see career minor leaguer...........

OEO Magglio
08-06-2002, 10:16 PM
yeah i hope he ends up being good too, i mean KW has gotten the sox some descent prospects before Damaso, and harris, but he's also given up some good ones too, so hopefully adkins ends up being something, but who knows.

doublem23
08-06-2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
KW has gotten the sox some descent prospects before Damaso, and harris,

Such as? The only other guy who even comes to mind as being halfway decent would be Alex Fernandez (but I think I remember kermit saying that he's probably nothing).

Unless you're counting drafts (Honel), and when did the Sox acquire Olivio?

Jerry_Manuel
08-06-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Olivo was a Williams deal.

doublem23
08-06-2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Olivo was a Williams deal.

Oh, OK, well that's a good move.

Jerry_Manuel
08-06-2002, 11:18 PM
Oh, OK, well that's a good move.

Worst trade since Ruth was sent to NY according to the wealth of knowledge that is ESPN.

Idiots.

kermittheefrog
08-06-2002, 11:59 PM

Such as? The only other guy who even comes to mind as being halfway decent would be Alex Fernandez (but I think I remember kermit saying that he's probably nothing).

Getting Fernandez really helped us. We got him for nothing in the minor league Rule V draft and traded him for D'Angelo Jimenez who could be a major league shortstop or second baseman. That's getting something for nothing at the highest level. Nonetheless Kenny rapes us with his other moves so he still must be disposed of.

RedPinStripes
08-07-2002, 02:29 AM
i still don't see how Adkins will amount to more then a life long AAA bp pithcher if he don't have anything slower then 92. The guy has not developed a change or a slow curve. Who the hell teaches these kids'?

DrCrawdad
08-07-2002, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
i still don't see how Adkins will amount to more then a life long AAA bp pithcher if he don't have anything slower then 92. The guy has not developed a change or a slow curve. Who the hell teaches these kids'?

Well if Adkins wasn't taught properly, it's not the Sox fault.