PDA

View Full Version : Cut Crede


kevingrt
08-06-2002, 10:22 PM
I'm telling you this kid stinks, get him out of this organization. KW's 1st bad move ever, please get him out!!!!!

whitesoxwilkes
08-06-2002, 10:23 PM
Crede needs to get his bat a bit more speedy...he is way off on his timing.

cheeses_h_rice
08-06-2002, 11:02 PM
Thank god you used teal.

I was getting ready to rip you a new a-hole deserving of Ken "The Human Sh*tstorm" Blankstein....

BuehrleACE56
08-07-2002, 02:35 AM
crede has not looked comfortable at all when he bats. i dunno what it is but he looks lost. i like him in the field tho. major upgrade from jose or graffy at third. i think he'll straighten it out though. if not then all those crede lovers (which is actually most all of us) will be at a complete loss.

RedPinStripes
08-07-2002, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by kevingrt
I'm telling you this kid stinks, get him out of this organization. KW's 1st bad move ever, please get him out!!!!!

Good thing your post was teal. I was about to get into my second brawl of the week. :smile:

He does look bad though. He'll be ok. Needs to grow some balls . Seems like he's thinking too much and if the pitch isn't what he guesses, he's ****ed.

I'm starting the FOC club!

ChiSoxBobette
08-07-2002, 07:21 AM
Give the kid a break, remember Robin Ventura when he first came up. Joe plays a better 3rd base than anyone we have up right now and in spring traing next year with the RIGHT help from a better batting instructor than we have right now(If our organization gets rid of this pitiful group of coaches and this idiot manager) Crede can turn out to be another Ventura. But as always we want to run the kid out out of town because he's not putting up George Brett numbers right now.
GO WHITE SOX - Go JOE GO! :D: :D:

Iguana775
08-07-2002, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes


Good thing your post was teal. I was about to get into my second brawl of the week. :smile:

He does look bad though. He'll be ok. Needs to grow some balls . Seems like he's thinking too much and if the pitch isn't what he guesses, he's ****ed.

I'm starting the FOC club!

well, it will prolly have to be the FOJ club since FOC is the rowand fan club. :)

Paulwny
08-07-2002, 11:10 AM
God, I hope Crede starts to hit, this team needs some ray of hope.
That said, I'm not a big believer in minor league batting stats. They only tell you if a player will never make it to the bigs, they never tell you if a player will succeed in the bigs.
With expansion, pitching has become diluted in the ml. Many pitchers in the minors with any potential are quickly brought up. What's that leave in the minors?
Many are drafted and signed, very few ever make it.

rmusacch
08-07-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Iguana775


well, it will prolly have to be the FOJ club since FOC is the rowand fan club. :)

Why is FOC the Friends of Rowand? What does the C stand for?

Jerry_Manuel
08-07-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by rmusacch
Why is FOC the Friends of Rowand? What does the C stand for?

The 'C' stands for crash, as in running into the wall.

doublem23
08-07-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


The 'C' stands for crash, as in running into the wall.

Yes, apparently, the FOCs seem to think the only prerequisite for being a good defensive outfielder is the willingness to run into walls.

Where's Brian Simmons when you need him?

delben91
08-07-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

Where's Brian Simmons when you need him?

He's another guy in the Sirotka category that you hoped made a full recovery. Now that he has (he has, right?), you hope he gets a shot someplace. He's got Rowand-esque talent with the stick, but he's solid as hell in the field. Another "good guy"

RedPinStripes
08-07-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775


well, it will prolly have to be the FOJ club since FOC is the rowand fan club. :)

True.

Ok. I'm starting the FOJ! :)

Jerry_Manuel
08-07-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Ok. I'm starting the FOJ!

Someone could think you mean Borchard.

Better make it: Friends of the starting third basemen.

:)

RedPinStripes
08-07-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


Someone could think you mean Borchard.

Better make it: Friends of the starting third basemen.

:)

:crede
"I can't even get a name on WSI"

Randar68
08-07-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


Someone could think you mean Borchard.

Better make it: Friends of the starting third basemen.

:)

Actually, I coined the FOJ as the Friends of Jimenez. This was for all the people referring to him as our new savior at SS and the next best thing since the automobile.

delben91
08-07-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Randar68


Actually, I coined the FOJ as the Friends of Jimenez. This was for all the people referring to him as our new savior at SS and the next best thing since the automobile.

Hmmm, if we were the tigers, we could call him the Model J Ford, or, if his defense continues to be as weak as reported, the Model E.

Jerry_Manuel
08-07-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Actually, I coined the FOJ as the Friends of Jimenez. This was for all the people referring to him as our new savior at SS and the next best thing since the automobile.

I don't think he's the savior but he'll be given every chance to be the man at SS.

Randar68
08-07-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


I don't think he's the savior but he'll be given every chance to be the man at SS.

And make 40-50 errors a season. GREAT!

Jerry_Manuel
08-07-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
And make 40-50 errors a season.

Not with our official scorer!

Iguana775
08-07-2002, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


Not with our official scorer!

:hitless

"If you cant get to it, you cant commit an error"

Paulwny
08-08-2002, 08:35 AM
From today's Sun Times:

Manager Jerry Manuel believes his quiet third baseman is trying to make too much noise with his bat

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-ssep08.html

delben91
08-08-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


I don't think he's the savior but he'll be given every chance to be the man at SS.

I'm still skeptical that Jimenez is the man at SS. However, right now in Charlotte, he's hitting .280, with a .373 OBP, in 26 games. In those same 26 games, he has 15 walks and only 6 K's. However, he also has 5 errors. Assuming the errors would translate directly over a full season (big assumption), that would come out to around 25 errors for the year. Is he "the man"? Maybe, maybe not. Should he get a chance, yeah, with this team, probably. Ok Randar, I'm ready for your rebuttal :cool:

kermittheefrog
08-08-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by delben91


I'm still skeptical that Jimenez is the man at SS. However, right now in Charlotte, he's hitting .280, with a .373 OBP, in 26 games. In those same 26 games, he has 15 walks and only 6 K's. However, he also has 5 errors. Assuming the errors would translate directly over a full season (big assumption), that would come out to around 25 errors for the year. Is he "the man"? Maybe, maybe not. Should he get a chance, yeah, with this team, probably. Ok Randar, I'm ready for your rebuttal :cool:

Jimenez is the man, you watch...

delben91
08-09-2002, 10:16 AM
Did I read the box score wrong, or did Crede go 2-3 last night? Any chance they were solidly hit, or were they merely seeing-eye singles?

Jerry_Manuel
08-09-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by delben91
Did I read the box score wrong, or did Crede go 2-3 last night? Any chance they were solidly hit, or were they merely seeing-eye singles?

His first hit was an infield single.

His second hit was a shot back through the middle.