PDA

View Full Version : Sox starting rotation

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-06-2002, 08:33 PM
We have 2 guys out there actually pitching at the major leauge level (Buhrle & Garland). We have 2 that are just out there throwing batting practice for the other team (Ritchie & Wright) and a fifth starter that nobody knows who it's gonna be on a consistent basis. Add that to an offense known for its dissappearing acts & there you have the reason(s) for our poor record.

Daver
08-06-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
We have 2 guys out there actually pitching at the major leauge level (Buhrle & Garland). We have 2 that are just out there throwing batting practice for the other team (Ritchie & Wright) and a fifth starter that nobody knows who it's gonna be on a consistent basis. Add that to an offense known for its dissappearing acts & there you have the reason(s) for our poor record.

Wright is a five pitch pitcher that shows every sign of being a big league starter that needs experience,which he is getting now and has shown flashes of his potential,Ritchie is now supposedly hurt,but has had rotten mechanics since the second month of the season,and has been replaced by a recovering Rocky Biddle,who,when healthy has the best fastball on the team.I think they call it gearing up for next year.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-06-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by daver

Wright is a five pitch pitcher that shows every sign of being a big league starter that needs experience,which he is getting now and has shown flashes of his potential,Ritchie is now supposedly hurt,but has had rotten mechanics since the second month of the season,and has been replaced by a recovering Rocky Biddle,who,when healthy has the best fastball on the team.I think they call it gearing up for next year.

I hate thinking about next year. Too Flubbish for my taste.