PDA

View Full Version : What team do I root for this postseason?

doublem23
10-01-2013, 11:15 AM
http://www.sportsonearth.com/assets/images/8/7/4/62266874/cuts/Flowchart_revisedcopy_fl1naq69_nlc39ngp.jpg

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/62260854/

asindc
10-01-2013, 01:15 PM
http://www.sportsonearth.com/assets/images/8/7/4/62266874/cuts/Flowchart_revisedcopy_fl1naq69_nlc39ngp.jpg

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/62260854/

Cleveland, despite Swisher.

Lemon44
10-01-2013, 03:19 PM
Funny. My in-laws are downstate in Cardinal country, so that's who I go with.

ChiSoxGal85
10-01-2013, 03:41 PM
:rolling:

AL: I'll go with the Rays, just because I like an underdog.

NL: I'll take the Cardinals. Because so many Cubs fans hate them.

Ex-Chicagoan
10-01-2013, 04:40 PM
Man, am I torn on the AL side.

Cleveland/Detroit - their fans annoy me.
Boston - ditto.
Oakland - Dave Stewart and his jock.
Tampa - 2008.

amsteel
10-01-2013, 05:02 PM
The one you bet the most money on, duh.

delben91
10-01-2013, 05:08 PM
I'm on board with Oakland and Pittsburgh.

MeteorsSox4367
10-01-2013, 05:16 PM
Is any team not named Boston a sufficient answer?

AL: Oakland or Cleveland.

NL: Pirates. Should they lose, Cincinnati.

LITTLE NELL
10-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Rays, they have the pitching.

SCCWS
10-01-2013, 06:15 PM
Rays, they have the pitching.

Nell: Peavy may be the 4th starter in Boston. They have some pitching as well.

Southsider101
10-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Oakland (these guys are the REAL Moneyball team)

Pittsburgh (Imagine an entire generation of Pirate fans not knowing winning baseball.)

Marqhead
10-01-2013, 08:07 PM
Not the Tigers, Cardinals or Red Sox.

Noneck
10-01-2013, 08:13 PM
The Wahoos, followed by the Rays. So at least Ill have a round with interest. I cant hope for a Beane team, or boston team and literately dispise Leyland. So if Clev or Tampa arent in the the AL championship series, Ill wait for World Series and hope for the NL team.

StillMissOzzie
10-01-2013, 08:37 PM
NL: Pirates
AL: Oakland
WS: Pirates

SMO
:gulp:

No reasons in particular, I just want to see some good baseball for a change.

LITTLE NELL
10-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Nell: Peavy may be the 4th starter in Boston. They have some pitching as well.
Have to pull for the Florida team.

SoxSpeed22
10-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Let's go with the A's, just because I want to hear Hawk's reaction if they win it this year.

Bucky F. Dent
10-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Bucs!

Soxster67
10-01-2013, 09:42 PM
Cannot, will not pull for Cleveland. Live in Cleveland area and cannot stand these hypocritical fans. Boo Thome when he came back as a Sox and cheer when almost beaned. Then they fall all over themselves when he came back wearing their uniform. Classless fans. Don't deserve success in the post season.

Railsplitter
10-01-2013, 10:00 PM
Cannot, will not pull for Cleveland. Live in Cleveland area and cannot stand these hypocritical fans. Boo Thome when he came back as a Sox and cheer when almost beaned. Then they fall all over themselves when he came back wearing their uniform. Classless fans. Don't deserve success in the post season.

Agreed. Remember the opening day scenes in the movie Major League ? That was pretty much is Cleveland in a nutshell in the 70's and 80's. These same people who didn't go near Municipal Stadium when the Indians were losing filled up the Jake when the Indians were winning.

Thome wasn't the only one who was booed. Albert Belle was booed and had stuff thrown at him.

WhiteSox5187
10-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Agreed. Remember the opening day scenes in the movie Major League ? That was pretty much is Cleveland in a nutshell in the 70's and 80's. These same people who didn't go near Municipal Stadium when the Indians were losing filled up the Jake when the Indians were winning.

Thome wasn't the only one who was booed. Albert Belle was booed and had stuff thrown at him.

Well...Belle probably deserved to be booed.

mccoydp
10-01-2013, 10:30 PM
I am rooting for Pittsburgh and Tampa. I can live with the Dodgers and Athletics, though. I can't support Detroit, Cleveland, Boston, or St. Louis.

palehozenychicty
10-01-2013, 10:44 PM
I think it'll be Tigers-Cards again for the World Series.

I want it to be Pirates-A's. Uncle Bud may cancel it and call a tie. :tongue:

happydude
10-02-2013, 10:18 AM
I'm hoping the Pirates or Dodgers win it all. I'm not actively rooting against anyone. Well, maybe St. Louis...

beasly213
10-02-2013, 11:29 AM
I'm hoping for a Red Sox - Dodgers World series with the Dodgers taking it.

Can't cheer for the Pirates because I know a good portion of their fans are also Steeler's fans.

vinny
10-02-2013, 01:32 PM
I want it to be Pirates-A's. Uncle Bud may cancel it and call a tie. :tongue:

Same here. I think Selig might require the players to suit up with Cubs and Yankees unis though.

chicagowhitesox1
10-02-2013, 02:43 PM
I'd rather see the best teams go so I want Dodgers vs Detroit or Boston. I hate watching some wild card team win it.

Smokey Burg
10-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Hate St. Louis and Oakland. Boston, Cleveland and Cincinnati irritate me. Pittsburgh, meh. Dodgers against Detroit wouldn't be too bad, I guess.

Better yet, hope all the series are sweeps so it can get done, asap. Worst baseball season in memory, close the door and make it go away.

SephClone89
10-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Hate St. Louis and Oakland. Boston, Cleveland and Cincinnati irritate me. Pittsburgh, meh. Dodgers against Detroit wouldn't be too bad, I guess.

Better yet, hope all the series are sweeps so it can get done, asap. Worst baseball season in memory, close the door and make it go away.

Yeesh.

doublem23
10-02-2013, 06:21 PM
Yeesh.

The Sox were pretty terrible, this was easily the least favorite baseball season I can remember

AnkleSox
10-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Anybody but Detroit. Too many damn Tigers fans in Chicago to have to deal with that obnoxious aftermath. I'd rather see Boston win and that's saying a lot.

Personally I'm pulling for Pittsburgh.

mccoydp
10-02-2013, 08:01 PM

I agree on that note. Thank goodness I picked up Warhammer 40k as a hobby and watched the Sox games in secrecy.

amsteel
10-02-2013, 08:18 PM
I don't get all the Pittsburgh love. A franchise that has been terrible for 20 years is showered with adulation when they don't even win their division?

Smokey Burg
10-02-2013, 08:59 PM
I don't get it either. Might just be pulling for the underdog?

russ99
10-02-2013, 10:16 PM
I'm going for the Pirates and A's.

It's more than going for the underdog, all the other teams have been in the postseason way too much, like the Cardinals, Braves and Dodgers; and what self-respecting Sox fan could cheer for the Tigers or Red Sox.

asindc
10-02-2013, 11:00 PM

Ok, I guess I'll root for Detroit now. Other than that, I definitely don't want Boston, St Louis, or Atlanta winning.

WLL1855
10-02-2013, 11:05 PM

Any team but Cleveland because of Swisher. That guy could cure cancer and I'd still hate his jackass smirking guts.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
10-02-2013, 11:08 PM
Ok, I guess I'll root for Detroit now. Other than that, I definitely don't want Boston, St Louis, or Atlanta winning.

I hope the Pirates, A's, Dodgers, and Rays make it to their respective LCS, although I won't be upset if the Braves win.

I'd rather eat fried dog **** than see Boston, St. Louis, or Detroit win.

TheVulture
10-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Oakland - Dave Stewart and his jock.

Yeah, but Dave Stewart was right.

TheVulture
10-03-2013, 05:17 PM

Every time I watch a game at Jacob's Field I end up asking myself, is there not one good looking person in Cleveland?

Chez
10-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Mrs. Chez is from Boston so I have to pretend to root for the Red Sox. But I'm pulling for Detroit to come out of the AL (so Illitch stops spending money on players) and Pittsburgh out of the NL.

And thanks to Doub for posting the flow chart. Hysterical.

TDog
10-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Every October that the White Sox don't make the postseason, I find myself hating the American League teams who do make it increasingly more. I have always hated the A's, and I have learned to hate the A's now more than I did in the early 1970s. Their fans could compete for the honor of worst subgroup of human beings on the planet, not as bad as Raiders fans (never cut off a vehicle with a Raiders bumper sticker in traffic), but a huge number of A's fans are Raiders fans as well, wearing Raiders gear, even to games against the White Sox, creating silver and black mirages in the crowd.

Go to an A's game, and many of the fans seem to think they are at Raiders games. Couple that with a field where you can get the feeling there's broken glass in the outfield and the franchise seems more a candidate to be disappeared for the good of the game than moved to another city, having already running out of continent. A trip to whatever that thing in Oakland is called in any given season may be the worst professional baseball experience in the Western Hemisphere.

A's fans probably make Red Sox fans seem cute and cuddly. And, really, I hate the Tigers more than I hate the Red Sox. If I were to have to choose between the two, I would rather see the Tigers go deeper into the postseason, though, hoping there is a sort of hangover, especially among their pitchers, in 2014.

I don't really have strong feelings for NL teams left. Watching the Cards or Pirates, especially the Cards, win would make some Cubs fans cry. So there's that. My NoCal roots aren't deep enough to hate the Dodgers with every fiber of my being, and Juan Uribe winning another ring after the White Sox and Giants pretty much cast him off with bling would be interesting.

I could only find reason to cheer for the Braves if they were playing the A's, Tigers or Red Sox.

LITTLE NELL
10-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Now that the Rays are out I have to pull for the Pirates. in my earlier years I would never ever pull for a NL team but since interleague play started, its not that big of a deal.

vinny
10-10-2013, 01:24 PM
Now that the Rays are out I have to pull for the Pirates. in my earlier years I would never ever pull for a NL team but since interleague play started, its not that big of a deal.

Well, so much for that.

Holding out hope for the A's. And please, Dodgers, get rid of the Cardinals.

LITTLE NELL
10-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Well, so much for that.

Holding out hope for the A's. And please, Dodgers, get rid of the Cardinals.

At this point it's anybody but the BoSox.

TomBradley72
10-10-2013, 03:08 PM
I don't want a repeat of the recent BoSox/Tigers vs Cards series.

So any combination that avoids those pairings will be alright with me.

I was pulling for the Bucs= would have loved to see an NLCS or World Series in PNC Park.

If I had my choice- either Red Sox vs. Dodgers or A's vs. Cards.