PDA

View Full Version : Bud in the soup again

Daver
08-06-2002, 04:04 PM
I wonder when his subpoena will arrive? (http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/0806/1414829.html)

kermittheefrog
08-06-2002, 04:16 PM
Anyone else get the feeling Bud will be forced to step down by the backlash from all his underhanded dealings? I'm thinking a situation where he isn't actually proven guilty of anything but suspected of everything under the sun and unable to prove his innocence of any of it.

Daver
08-06-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Anyone else get the feeling Bud will be forced to step down by the backlash from all his underhanded dealings? I'm thinking a situation where he isn't actually proven guilty of anything but suspected of everything under the sun and unable to prove his innocence of any of it.

He can't prove it now and it has not stopprd him from concentrating the power base of MLB to his office almost exclusively.

doublem23
08-06-2002, 04:24 PM
Good God, this man is going to destroy baseball.

:tool
I got a used sport here. Sure, I've beaten the hell out of it... ya'know.. crashed it into a wall in 1994, and just recently, I lied about the numbers on it, but it still probably runs well.

OK, that was lame.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-06-2002, 04:35 PM
This is my favorite part...

Under the method outlined in the letter, the Boston Red Sox would be evaluated at $321 million, less than half the $660 million the team was sold for this year, and the Montreal Expos would be valued at $68 million, nearly half of the $120 million the other 29 clubs paid to purchase the Expos this year.

Now you know why Loria relieved himself of that albatross of a franchise in Montreal by buying another dead franchise in Miami. His fellow MLB owners paid him a $52 million premium just to create the illusion the franchise was worthless, LOL!!!!

Now you know why Carl Pohlad is hell-bent to contract the Minnesota Twins, too. He'll never get as sweet a deal for the Twins as the MLB owners would pay him to extend the "we're going broke" charade. This whole mess stinks to high heaven.

Don't you just love when these thieving hyenas start turning on one another? :smile:

The truth hurts... and it can be very costly, too... jail time forthcoming for that appraiser if he is charged with malfeasance? Attempting to defraud a client of $200 million seems worthy of quality time in a federal prison.

Foulke You
08-06-2002, 05:49 PM
Why do I think we're going to be telling future generations that Bud Selig was the man who helped destroy our great national pastime.

:tool
"I don't understand! These dishonest business tactics served me so well in the used car industry."

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-06-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

Underhanded shenanigans aside I think Selig should be forced to step down simply for all the damage he's done to the game since he's been here.

Daver
08-06-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

Underhanded shenanigans aside I think Selig should be forced to step down simply for all the damage he's done to the game since he's been here.

Who can force Bud to step down?

The AL an NL Presidents were abolished under his regime,because they were positions of power that could stand in his way,Paul Beeston was forced out,because he knew too many details of why those offices were eliminated,among other things,even though he was the only person in MLB that had a working relationship with Don Fehr,and the owners won't force him out because he has most of them in his back pocket by financially helping franchises through his power as the commissioner of baseball.

So who is going to force him out?

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-06-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by daver

Who can force Bud to step down?

The AL an NL Presidents were abolished under his regime,because they were positions of power that could stand in his way,Paul Beeston was forced out,because he knew too many details of why those offices were eliminated,among other things,even though he was the only person in MLB that had a working relationship with Don Fehr,and the owners won't force him out because he has most of them in his back pocket by financially helping franchises through his power as the commissioner of baseball.

So who is going to force him out?

Hows about a mob of unruly fans armed with uzis?