PDA

View Full Version : We need to send down...

OfficerKarkovice
08-05-2002, 07:01 PM
...Jeff Leifer. He is absolutely worthless. All this about how we need to get him more time to get his swing going is BS. Hey Jeff aren't you taking batting practice on the days you dont play? How long does he need to get his swing in gear? Maybe by September? Send his ass to Charlotte.

whitesoxwilkes
08-05-2002, 07:04 PM
Didn;t Sweet Leaf used to provide great lefty power off the bench? What happened?

RedPinStripes
08-05-2002, 07:04 PM
He's out of options and would have to clear waivers.

OfficerKarkovice
08-05-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
He's out of options and would have to clear waivers.

We should have thrown him in a deal at the break, granted this is KW so of course that didn't happen. Either deal him over the winter or take your chances at him clearing and cut your losses if he doesn't.

danman31
08-05-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
We should have thrown him in a deal at the break, granted this is KW so of course that didn't happen. Either deal him over the winter or take your chances at him clearing and cut your losses if he doesn't. I'd rather trade Carlos Lee. I don't know how many people still back this idea, but I have been saying for a while now to trade Caballo.

Ol Aches & Pains
08-05-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by danman31
I'd rather trade Carlos Lee. I don't know how many people still back this idea, but I have been saying for a while now to trade Caballo.

Given that they are equally useless in the outfield, that leaves their hitting and baserunning to consider. How does Leifer have the edge over Lee? Lee's a terrible baserunner, but Leifer doesn't get on base.

I grant you, Lee would bring a better quality player in return, at least if we had a GM who knew what he was doing.

Oh, what the hell, as Leo Durocher used to say; "back up the truck".

CLR01
08-05-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
...Jeff Leifer. He is absolutely worthless. All this about how we need to get him more time to get his swing going is BS. Hey Jeff aren't you taking batting practice on the days you dont play? How long does he need to get his swing in gear? Maybe by September? Send his ass to Charlotte.

Dont worry, given that he is the sox new player rep, he is as good as gone by opening day next year.

Soxheads
08-05-2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by CLR01

Dont worry, given that he is the sox new player rep, he is as good as gone by opening day next year.

Who have been past player reps?

Jerry_Manuel
08-05-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads
Who have been past player reps?

Baldwin
Singleton
Lofton

RedPinStripes
08-05-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Baldwin
Singleton
Lofton

:reinsy
See what happens when you're not a yes man?

Soxheads
08-05-2002, 10:55 PM

Baldwin
Singleton
Lofton

Why do I think Buehrle will be the next player rep? :(:

Jerry_Manuel
08-05-2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads
Why do I think Buehrle will be the next player rep? :(:

My guess is Jose.

Daver
08-05-2002, 11:01 PM

My guess is Jose.

I would bet on Mark Johnson myself...........

Soxheads
08-05-2002, 11:03 PM

My guess is Jose.

Originally posted by daver

I would bet on Mark Johnson myself...........

I would like either.

doublem23
08-05-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Didn;t Sweet Leaf used to provide great lefty power off the bench? What happened?

He remembered that he sucks.

rmusacch
08-06-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by danman31
I'd rather trade Carlos Lee. I don't know how many people still back this idea, but I have been saying for a while now to trade Caballo.

I don't understand why people want to get rid of Lee. I see him developing into a great ballplayer.

Jerry_Manuel
08-06-2002, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by rmusacch
I don't understand why people want to get rid of Lee. I see him developing into a great ballplayer.

People think he'll bring a back a quality starter. He'll bring back Todd Ritchie II.

Carlos had a lot of hype around him. The comparison I heard the most was that he was a young Manny Ramirez. He hasn't panned out yet, only time will tell I guess.