PDA

View Full Version : 7 years later, Fausto gets his save

Huisj
09-04-2013, 12:52 PM
Roberto Hernandez, a.k.a. Fausto Carmona, finally got that elusive first career save he was after way back in 2006 when the Indians gave him a shot at being the closer. Following the trade of Bob Wickman to Atlanta, Carmona got a chance to finish games as a rookie after pitching with moderate success out of the bullpen for the first few months of the season. Three consecutive dramatic walkoff blown saves later, he went back to mop-up duty and eventually finished the year with a few September starts. He didn't make another appearance out of the bullpen until 2 weeks ago.

Hitmen77
09-06-2013, 01:06 PM
I have to admit that I thought this was going to be about former Sox prospect De Los Santos. :redface:

doublem23
09-06-2013, 01:19 PM
I have to admit that I thought this was going to be about former Sox prospect De Los Santos. :redface:

His first name was Fautino. He's also, as far as I can tell, completely out of professional baseball right now. Just a minor bump on his road to the HOF, I'm sure.

Huisj
09-06-2013, 02:00 PM
His first name was Fautino. He's also, as far as I can tell, completely out of professional baseball right now. Just a minor bump on his road to the HOF, I'm sure.

Didn't he just get suspended from the Biogenesis stuff?

Hitmen77
09-06-2013, 02:19 PM

Yeah, I had to look it up because the only part of his name I clearly remembered was the "DLS" part. I thought his first name was Fausto or something.

doublem23
09-06-2013, 02:37 PM
Didn't he just get suspended from the Biogenesis stuff?

He may be, but the Padres released him in May, well before the Biogenesis suspensions were handed out, after 2 unremarkable innings in Tucson with their AAA team.

slavko
09-06-2013, 05:48 PM
He may be, but the Padres released him in May, well before the Biogenesis suspensions were handed out, after 2 unremarkable innings in Tucson with their AAA team.

Well, the Faust of legend sold his soul to the devil in return for eternal youth. I could use a little of that myself right about now, but all I have to offer is a used swing set. Maybe the devil will make a deal... :D:

Irishsox1
09-10-2013, 09:55 AM
I haven't been this confused since watching Ed Wood's Glen or Glenda.