PDA

View Full Version : Did a part of you NOT want us to rally?


Viva Magglio
08-05-2002, 04:22 PM
I don't have time for the chat room so I am posting this issue here. I want to know that while all of us want the White Sox to win, did at least a part of you NOT want us to come back and tie the game? For some people, losing this game and thus the series to the worst team in baseball (on paper) would increase whatever remote odds exist that Jerry Manuel will be fired.

duke of dorwood
08-05-2002, 04:28 PM
If that would get Manual , Wally, Pettis, Ward fired, I'm for it.

chisoxfanatic
08-05-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
I don't have time for the chat room so I am posting this issue here. I want to know that while all of us want the White Sox to win, did at least a part of you NOT want us to come back and tie the game? For some people, losing this game and thus the series to the worst team in baseball (on paper) would increase whatever remote odds exist that Jerry Manuel will be fired.
:reinsy
Me...fire Manuel? For the last time, it's YOUR fault this team isn't performing!


Heather the Redbird

doublem23
08-05-2002, 05:18 PM
I never root for the Sox to lose.

RedPinStripes
08-05-2002, 05:23 PM
:KW
Jerry's staying. Deal with it.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-05-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
I never root for the Sox to lose.

There are your true Flubbie fans. Those who root for the Sox to lose. I don't give a crap what their reasonong might be, a true fan always pulls for the team to win.

LongDistanceFan
08-05-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
I never root for the Sox to lose.

ditto, even when ritchie is pitching.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-05-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan


ditto, even when ritchie is pitching.

Me neither. I can't say I'm optimistic about us winning that day though.

danman31
08-05-2002, 08:05 PM
I would never root against the Sox. I may root for a specific player to do well because of fantasy, but never against the team.

captain54
08-05-2002, 10:22 PM
If the Sox lose every series until the end of the year, I doubt it would force Reinsdorf to make the necessary changes, that includes bailing on his and the current investors stake in the club and putting it up on the market....

the arrogance is beyond belief......at this point you know he's going against popular opinion just to be a dick....

:reinsy


I like having a AAA club on the field and a $35 mil dollar payroll...Its make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside....

Tragg
08-05-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
I don't have time for the chat room so I am posting this issue here. I want to know that while all of us want the White Sox to win, did at least a part of you NOT want us to come back and tie the game? For some people, losing this game and thus the series to the worst team in baseball (on paper) would increase whatever remote odds exist that Jerry Manuel will be fired.

Absolutely NOT. These games are important for the young players, the pitchers, etc. I have issues with Manuel, but there are worse managers (like his two immediate predecessors). This club has a chance to play .500 ball and I want to see us do it.
What you see is what you get: except for SS and a player here or there, these are the 2003 Chicago White Sox.

Daver
08-05-2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Tragg


Absolutely NOT. These games are important for the young players, the pitchers, etc. I have issues with Manuel, but there are worse managers (like his two immediate predecessors). This club has a chance to play .500 ball and I want to see us do it.
What you see is what you get: except for SS and a player here or there, these are the 2003 Chicago White Sox.

Next years SS is on the roster,his name is Jose Valentin.

Soxheads
08-05-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by daver


Next years SS is on the roster,his name is Jose Valentin.

For the love of God, I sure hope so.

RedPinStripes
08-05-2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by daver


Next years SS is on the roster,his name is Jose Valentin.

:hitless
what about me? I'm the greatest!

Tragg
08-05-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by daver


Next years SS is on the roster,his name is Jose Valentin.

At his salary? It would be okay by me, but I'm not counting on it.

Daver
08-05-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Tragg


At his salary? It would be okay by me, but I'm not counting on it.

They can't move him,they have already tried,because he is under contract for next year.

Chisox_cali
08-05-2002, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by daver


They can't move him,they have already tried,because he is under contract for next year.

Sucks for Hummel, probably be traded nowwith that hot prospect D'Angelo Jimenez on the way

Unless Willie moves to center permamently, that is.

Daver
08-05-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali


Sucks for Hummel, probably be traded nowwith that hot prospect D'Angelo Jimenez on the way

Unless Willie moves to center permamently, that is.

Hummel is better at second than SS,but as of right now,he is the best SS on the Knights roster.

Tragg
08-05-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by daver


Hummel is better at second than SS,but as of right now,he is the best SS on the Knights roster.

Now that SS is settled, what about CF?
If JR is serious about that 45 mill nonsense, it's rowand or rush and mis-position borchard. But, if he can go to 55 million and if we're clever there are a few guys out there who might give us an upgrade.

Chisox_cali
08-05-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by daver


Hummel is better at second than SS,but as of right now,he is the best SS on the Knights roster.

Wait who are we talking about Hummel or Jimenez? I know form the box scores that Hummel has been playing second with Jimenez at short.

Hummel was also for some reason being tossed around at third and first. I guess with all the changes and concentrating on his 'D' his average has suffered. I hope he can get it together, maybe play some fall or winter ball, and make it an interesting competition on the infield next season.

Daver
08-05-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Tragg


Now that SS is settled, what about CF?
If JR is serious about that 45 mill nonsense, it's rowand or rush and mis-position borchard. But, if he can go to 55 million and if we're clever there are a few guys out there who might give us an upgrade.

Borchard can play center,he will never be a gold glover there but he can play it,so I would not mind seeing him called up for next season,the Sox will not compete for much anyway in 2003.

Daver
08-05-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali


Wait who are we talking about Hummel or Jimenez? I know form the box scores that Hummel has been playing second with Jimenez at short.



I stand by what I said,Hummel is the best SS on the Knights roster,even though he is not playing that position.

Chisox_cali
08-05-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by daver


I stand by what I said,Hummel is the best SS on the Knights roster,even though he is not playing that position.

No I really was confused, you just said 'he' instead of Hummel. I do tend to get confused a lot :D:

Iwritecode
08-06-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
I never root for the Sox to lose.

Ditto. Seeing JR hasn't made any changes yet (cept for Nardi and how long did that take?), getting swept by the worst team in baseball sure as hell isn't going to change his mind about anything.

Originally posted by daver
They can't move him,they have already tried,because he is under contract for next year.

I sure hope not. I could be wrong but I though he is a FA at the end of this year.

Jerry_Manuel
08-06-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
I sure hope not. I could be wrong but I though he is a FA at the end of this year.

Jose?

Unless he has an option year, he's under contract thru next season.

jlh221fan
08-06-2002, 10:51 AM
If JM hasn't got fired thru all the embarrasing losses in July, what makes you think 1 more loss to TB would make any difference? Just accept the fact that he won't get fired until at least the very end of the season.

doublem23
08-06-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by jlh221fan
If JM hasn't got fired thru all the embarrasing losses in July, what makes you think 1 more loss to TB would make any difference? Just accept the fact that he won't get fired until at least the very end of the season.

I like the optimism, but I got a feeling that he's going to be around for 2003.

Iwritecode
08-06-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Jose?

Unless he has an option year, he's under contract thru next season.

Oops. I just pulled a Jerry. I thought he was talking about the other SS. :(:

:hitless

IWC, you are a dumbass...