PDA

View Full Version : Pirates acquire Justin Morneau

thomas35forever
08-31-2013, 01:44 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/08/pirates-to-acquire-morneau-.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Welp, this increases our chances are getting out of the cellar.

RCWHITESOX
08-31-2013, 03:13 PM
This was a good move by the Pirates. They gave up very little for the rental.

SOXSINCE'70
08-31-2013, 03:29 PM
I know this has nothing to do with the thread (sorry),but IIRC, the Tribe acquired Baby Ruth (AKA Jason Kubel).
He can hit barely .200 against all teams BUT THE SOX. He'll hit a robust.600 against the South Siders .At least it seems like it.:rolleyes::gulp:

Twins_Morneau
09-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Damn it, will miss Morny. Was on his way to 2nd MVP and super star status before that accursed night in Toronto:(:

TDog
09-01-2013, 03:10 PM
I know this has nothing to do with the thread (sorry),but IIRC, the Tribe acquired Baby Ruth (AKA Jason Kubel).
He can hit barely .200 against all teams BUT THE SOX. He'll hit a robust.600 against the South Siders .At least it seems like it.:rolleyes::gulp:

It does seem like it. But he's only hitting .274 for his career against the Sox in 81 games, with a 22 home runs and three triples, though. Kubel had a lot of big hits that stand out.

I've had Tigers fans tell me Joe Crede hit great against the Tigers, but it was only .274 with 25 home runs in 93 games. The walk-offs loomed large in his Tiger-killer legend. I was on the 405 in Anaheim driving back to Arizona after a Sox win that featured a Ron Karkovice home, perhaps in 1993, and the announcers were talking about Karkovice always being a big Angels killer. He went on to hit .216 for his career against the Angels with 8 home runs in 76 games.

Hitmen77
09-01-2013, 10:43 PM
Look for Alex Presley to become the latest in a long line of "Sox killers".

harwar
09-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Every year that the White Sox fall out of the race i pick a team to root for, and this year it's the Pirates, so i'm happy to see Morneau going to Pittsburg..

russ99
09-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Every year that the White Sox fall out of the race i pick a team to root for, and this year it's the Pirates, so i'm happy to see Morneau going to Pittsburg..

Gotta cheer for the Pirates, those fans deserve a deep playoff run.

Also, I'm hoping Morneau signs with the Sox this offseason, he seems to be the best potential FA replacement for Paulie.

aryzner
09-04-2013, 01:59 PM
Gotta cheer for the Pirates, those fans deserve a deep playoff run.

Also, I'm hoping Morneau signs with the Sox this offseason, he seems to be the best potential FA replacement for Paulie.

I know money can have a funny way of changing people's minds and feelings in a heartbeat, but isn't Justin Morneau on record of pretty much saying he hates the White Sox?

SephClone89
09-04-2013, 02:48 PM
I know money can have a funny way of changing people's minds and feelings in a heartbeat, but isn't Justin Morneau on record of pretty much saying he hates the White Sox?

Money can have a funny way of changing people's minds and feelings in a heartbeat.

Southsider101
09-04-2013, 02:58 PM
I'll miss watching Justin at Target Field. I hope he does well with the Pirates since I'm pulling for them to make it to the World Series this year.

SOXBOY
09-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Weird to root for Morneau but love to see the Bucs win it all.