PDA

View Full Version : Coaching Thoughts


balboner
08-05-2002, 03:01 PM
Lets see where the Sox have faultered this year:

Horrible personnel moves: Kenny Williams
Lack of motivation on the field: Jerry Manuel
Horrible situational hitting, prolonged slumps: Gary Ward
Horrible baserunning: G. Pettis
Players thrown out at home: W. Johnson
Bad pitching: Nardi

How come only one of these guys have been fired this year? Just look at what all of the other men have in common. Makes you wonder what the hell is going on in this organization.

KingXerxes
08-05-2002, 03:11 PM
As of right this moment, we've had four runners thrown out at the plate in the past three games.

Thomas
Thomas
Rowan
Harris

:hawk

"Now there we go again looking at the glass as half empty.......we should be happy that we're getting guys in a position where they can try to score."

RedPinStripes
08-05-2002, 03:14 PM
I think Harris went on his own. I don't think you can pout that one on Wally as much as I'd like to.

KingXerxes
08-05-2002, 03:17 PM
I didn't mean to pin Harris on Wallace Johnson - I just had to post something somewhere.

Every aspect of this team has deteriorated almost overnight.

duke of dorwood
08-05-2002, 03:26 PM
The trace of concentration this team has is gone. These coaches must feel awfully secure-like the manager. Why? Because of the confidence of the idiot GM that tolerates this.

No-Neck
08-05-2002, 03:29 PM
I wish it was just the ownership and managerial problems with this franchise, our once highly tauted minor league system has come to fruition in the majors today,

Just look at these fine, talented future all stars of our farm system...

Leifer
Paul
Mark Johnson
Rowand
Crede
Ginter
Biddle
Wright

You couldn't get an above-average position player for the entire bunch, what a friggin' joke.

duke of dorwood
08-05-2002, 03:34 PM
:jerry

What if they throw me in?

doublem23
08-05-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by No-Neck
I wish it was just the ownership and managerial problems with this franchise, our once highly tauted minor league system has come to fruition in the majors today,

Just look at these fine, talented future all stars of our farm system...

Leifer
Paul
Mark Johnson
Rowand
Crede
Ginter
Biddle
Wright

You couldn't get an above-average position player for the entire bunch, what a friggin' joke.

Liefer sucks.

Paul sucks.

Johnson is defensively the best catcher in the system. Like has been posted NUMEROUS time, I'd rather have Johnson hitting .220 than Paul hitting .400.

Rowand is a decent 4th OF... Nothing more.

Crede will be fine. Is he a future All-Star? Probably too soon to say for sure, but he has some talent.

Ginter has been a pleasant surprise this year. Who are you watching?

I think Biddle will be OK once he gets a year removed from shoulder surgery.

Wright can throw some smoke... Give him some time. No he'll never be an ace, but I think this guy could one day anchor a rotation.

Get some good coaching around here and you'll see that some of these bums got some talent.

No-Neck
08-05-2002, 04:26 PM
doubleem

I'm watching the same crappy franchise for the last 40+ years and we're as close to a pennant as we were when I went to my first game in 1962.

This won't even get us to .500, much less the WS. Unbridled optimism is no longer in my personality when it comes to the White Sox.

Our only hope this year is a strike, and in the future, our only hope is JR selling the franchise. I have seen enough.

TornLabrum
08-05-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by No-Neck
doubleem

I'm watching the same crappy franchise for the last 40+ years and we're as close to a pennant as we were when I went to my first game in 1962.

That's where you're wrong! We're another 40 years removed from that pennant, so we're much farther away.

You have to resign yourself, as I did, to the fact that 1959 is the last one our generation is going to see.

:reinsy

'What is this...pennant?"

PaleHoseGeorge
08-05-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
You have to resign yourself, as I did, to the fact that 1959 is the last one our generation is going to see.

Oh sure, like some future generation is going to see one either! :smile:

:reinsy
"I'm teaching li'l shaver David everything I know about the baseball business!"

:ohno
"If you meant championship baseball business, it would barely fill a pamphlet."