PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Quentin's season is ovah (injury)

DumpJerry
08-28-2013, 09:44 PM
It was announced during a Comcast Sports break during the Sox game he is having season-ending knee surgery. Played in 82 games this season.

tstrike2000
08-28-2013, 10:33 PM
Meh, more of the same.

voodoochile
08-28-2013, 11:10 PM
Great talent but he's way too fragile to play professional sports. Too bad. Get well soon, Carlos...

Brian26
08-28-2013, 11:13 PM
Probably will end up having one of the most forgettable careers for a guy with as much talent as he has.

LITTLE NELL
08-29-2013, 06:10 AM
It's amazing that some guys are so injury prone. I feel for him because I'm sort of in the same boat with knee and back problems plus many other nagging little things down through the years.

Hitmen77
08-29-2013, 09:56 AM
One of KW's last good trades to acquire him back in Dec. 2007 - even if we had to give up The Chris Carter to get him. Too bad 2008 has been the high water mark of his career.

cards press box
08-29-2013, 12:31 PM
Great talent but he's way too fragile to play professional sports. Too bad. Get well soon, Carlos...

Exactly right.

thomas35forever
08-29-2013, 01:29 PM
Hate to see this keep happening to him. Give him credit for at least trying.

all*star quentin
08-30-2013, 08:24 PM
Come back a new man, All*Star Quentin!

SOXSINCE'70
08-31-2013, 07:28 AM
It's a shame he couldn't follow up on his 2008 campaign.

It all seemed to change,IIRC, in September of '08.He has an AB against Cliff Lee (then an Indian).
After striking out,Quentin was so furious at himself that he struck his right wrist with the head of his bat.The wrist,
of course, was broken and his season was OVAH.:(:

Carlos Quentin gave me many thrills that season.I wonder what his career would have been like had he not been so injury prone after the wrist incident.

SOXSINCE'70
08-31-2013, 07:31 AM
One of KW's last good trades to acquire him back in Dec. 2007 - even if we had to give up The Chris Carter to get him. Too bad 2008 has been the high water mark of his career.

Here,here!:yup::tiphat:

palehozenychicty
09-02-2013, 11:55 PM
The sun rose today.

TDog
09-03-2013, 05:22 PM

I don't know if he was fragile. He put himself in situations where he got hit where others might not have, and that probably took its toll with injuries building on other injuries. He never avoided playing hard when it meant punishing his body. He was once hit by pitches in five times up in a college game.

I always believed that he should have been DHing after the problems he had after 2008. I think he would be injured a lot less if he weren't playing the field. Maybe not. But I have always wondered how different his career and White Sox history would have been if the Sox committed to him as DH instead of signing Dunn.

SBSoxFan
09-03-2013, 11:28 PM
I don't know if he was fragile. He put himself in situations where he got hit where others might not have, and that probably took its toll with injuries building on other injuries. He never avoided playing hard when it meant punishing his body. He was once hit by pitches in five times up in a college game.

I always believed that he should have been DHing after the problems he had after 2008. I think he would be injured a lot less if he weren't playing the field. Maybe not. But I have always wondered how different his career and White Sox history would have been if the Sox committed to him as DH instead of signing Dunn.

I've always wondered how different his career and White Sox history would have been had he not broken his hand in 2008 - a 2008 MVP, a deeper Sox run in the playoffs, etc? :(: