PDA

View Full Version : 2-strike pitching

balboner
08-05-2002, 02:58 PM
The Sox have to give up the most hits when they have 2 strikes on the hitters. It's absolutely ridiculous how often it happens. One reason I think is cause the catchers call a horrible game, especially MJ. Another reason is cause none of the pitchers have been taught a strike-out pitch. W/o being able to consistently strike out hitters, allows for more hits to be given up.

RedPinStripes
08-05-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by balboner
The Sox have to give up the most hits when they have 2 strikes on the hitters. It's absolutely ridiculous how often it happens. One reason I think is cause the catchers call a horrible game, especially MJ. Another reason is cause none of the pitchers have been taught a strike-out pitch. W/o being able to consistently strike out hitters, allows for more hits to be given up.

Any pitcher can shake a catcher off. I think it's just the pitchers not getting the job done

CubKilla
08-05-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Any pitcher can shake a catcher off. I think it's just the pitchers not getting the job done

Especially Todd Ritchie.

RedPinStripes
08-05-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla

Especially Todd Ritchie.

:KW
Todd is going to do special things for our club.

Paulwny
08-05-2002, 06:45 PM
Most young pitchers haven't learned tha art of putting away hitters when they have 2 strikes. This comes with experience and proper coaching.
Ritchie has a different problem.

SoxxoS
08-05-2002, 09:27 PM
The different problem is he sucks.

Balboner, I completely agree. I have seen the lack of K's the last couple of years. Ive noticed that under Cooper, Garland and Wrights strikeouts have been up. Lets hope that continues. To me, K's are a huge factor in young pitching.