PDA

View Full Version : Wally admits he's an idiot while frank and lee make up.

RedPinStripes
08-05-2002, 02:07 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-doug052.html

Kilroy
08-05-2002, 02:11 PM
Well, you do have to wonder why Frank was sent in the first place. He's never been a speed merchant in the first place.

But that's no excuse for Frank not making the play the way it should have been made. He should have slid the first time and taken the catcher out the second time. Even if he's out, we can live with that...

Iguana775
08-05-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
Well, you do have to wonder why Frank was sent in the first place. He's never been a speed merchant in the first place.

But that's no excuse for Frank not making the play the way it should have been made. He should have slid the first time and taken the catcher out the second time. Even if he's out, we can live with that...

the guy did play football so he should know how to hit someone. if you are going to take them out.....take them out. :)

RedPinStripes
08-05-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775

they guy did play football so he should know how to hit someone. if you are going to take them out.....take them out. :)

A slide is good enough for me . However, I'd love to see Frank barrel over some catcher half his size. :smile: In the mean time.....................

:pee :waving

doublem23
08-05-2002, 02:23 PM
Can't we just have like a general, "Fire everyone somehow associated with the Sox who's name isn't Mark Buehrle, Jon Garland, Paul Konerko, Magglio Ordonez, Frank Thomas, and Nacy Faust" tag?

It'd make things easier, that's for sure.

Iguana775
08-05-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

A slide is good enough for me . However, I'd love to see Frank barrel over some catcher half his size. :smile: In the mean time.....................

:pee :waving

agreed. he with his size, he should be leveling catchers.

RedPinStripes
08-05-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Can't we just have like a general, "Fire everyone somehow associated with the Sox who's name isn't Mark Buehrle, Jon Garland, Paul Konerko, Magglio Ordonez, Frank Thomas, and Nacy Faust" tag?

It'd make things easier, that's for sure.

Out of mgt and coaching, who should stay? Wally's been sending everyone since he got here.

WhiteSox = Life
08-05-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Out of mgt and coaching, who should stay? Wally's been sending everyone since he got here.

I believe pretty much everyone should go except for Nossek (who still does an outstanding job), Herm (you can't blame him for Nardian-inflicted injuries), the bullpen catcher (I can't recall his name), and Bossard (because he does all he can to make Comiskey a bit more presentable). That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Any more opinions?

:waving
"What? You mean to tell me I'm not included in this team's very promising future! Oh, that's it. Just you wait!"

IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE

:hawk
"All right. Paulie on second with a leadoff double - his 25th. 'Big Hurt' steps up."

*CRACK*

:DJ
"There's a sinking line drive that's gonna fall for a base hit right in front of 'Ich-ro.' "

"Stretch! Stretch!!" (sorry)

:DJ
"What?"

MEANWHILE...

"Heh heh. Now's my chance. All right, Paul, go home!"

:walnuts
"?????"

"Mercy! What a throw by 'Ich-i-ro.' He threw Paul out by a good 20 feet."

:walnuts
"What in the world were you thinking?!?!?"

"They don't call me Wavin' Wally for nothing!"

ISUSoxfan
08-06-2002, 10:07 AM
This whole situation reminds me of the commercial Frank did for Rebok in the early 90s about the 2 trains colliding, and Frank is the big train. What ever happened to that Frank?

ChiSoxBobette
08-06-2002, 11:57 AM
The guy can admit anything he likes , but the fact is he's a terrible 3rd base coach. Yesterday he nealy got Aaron Rowand thrown out at 3rd base on what should have been an easy triple, he then in my opinion nearly got Aaron picked off 3rd base because Johnson should be telling Rowand that he does'nt need to be off 3rd very far especially with all of the bonehead base running mistakes this team makes and then to top it off Aaron gets thrown out at the plate because he or Manuel has Rowand going on contact on a ball hit to the 3rd baseman on astro turf Rowand was out by a mile. You don't hear about any of that because we came back and beat the Devil Rays. The guy is just a bad, bad ,baddddd 3rd base coach. If we bring him back next year because he's Manuels buddy then they both have to go.If it was my decision I'd let them finish out this year and Manuel and all his coaches would be gone, as it is it should be a no brainer about this whole coaching staff -It Would Be SEE YA!!!!
Go White Sox

doublem23
08-06-2002, 12:32 PM
Oh God, I just watched the Sox/Devil Ray highlights on Sportscenter this morning. HOLY ****! How Wallace Johnson wasn't fired for that brain lapse when Rowand was coming into third (the first time) is beyond me....

God damn... I don't remember the two guys names (John Anderson was one of them), but they were just laughing and laughing as the Sox nearly ran themselves out of a game against Tampa Bay.

Horrible, horrible baseball.

Paulwny
08-06-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Oh God, I just watched the Sox/Devil Ray highlights on Sportscenter this morning. HOLY ****! How Wallace Johnson wasn't fired for that brain lapse when Rowand was coming into third (the first time) is beyond me....

God damn... I don't remember the two guys names (John Anderson was one of them), but they were just laughing and laughing as the Sox nearly ran themselves out of a game against Tampa Bay.

Horrible, horrible baseball.

I also saw the play and heard their laughing. It was embarassing.

doublem23
08-06-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

I also saw the play and heard their laughing. It was embarassing.

Yeesh, back in the day (I'm so old, aren't I? LOL) when I played, man, if you got nailed at home plate, you'd be running Suicide Sprints all day long the next day at practice....

How bad fundamentally can these guys get?