PDA

View Full Version : best tools?

delben91
08-05-2002, 10:53 AM
Don't know if we have anyone out there with access to the subscriber section of BA's site, but this week is Best Tools week. Just curious if someone would be able to post said info on here? Thanks in advance from all the cheapskate members of WSI!

SoxxoS
08-05-2002, 11:52 AM
For the White Sox, Chris Amador got fastest basestealer, and Kris Honel got best control. (That is just for Single A-Kannapolis and Winston Salem.) It also only lists the 1 prospect per league for each category.

Iguana775
08-05-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
For the White Sox, Chris Amador got fastest basestealer, and Kris Honel got best control. (That is just for Single A-Kannapolis and Winston Salem.) It also only lists the 1 prospect per league for each category.

i cannot wait for honel to be ready. i really think he could be the ace of the staff. with him, rauch(assuming he recovers his control and FB), burly, and adkins(just kidding), the rotation could be very very good. that is also assuming that the sox dont screw up and let burlly go via FA.

doublem23
08-05-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775

i cannot wait for honel to be ready. i really think he could be the ace of the staff. with him, rauch(assuming he recovers his control and FB), burly, and adkins(just kidding), the rotation could be very very good. that is also assuming that the sox dont screw up and let burlly go via FA.

Well, let's not make the mistake of rushing him. We're going nowhere fast, anyways.

But yeah, Honel is going to be very good (Deep Thought of the Day **** right there, :smile: )

Iguana775
08-05-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Well, let's not make the mistake of rushing him. We're going nowhere fast, anyways.

But yeah, Honel is going to be very good (Deep Thought of the Day **** right there, :smile: )

yea, i wasnt trying to say rush him.....it will prolly be at least 2 years till he his here.

SoxxoS
08-05-2002, 03:30 PM
Everyone thought the rotation of
Kip Wells
Jon Garland
Danny Wright
Jon Rauch and
Aaron Myette was going to be awesome to. We will find a way to screw Honel up to. (And the "future" staff as well.)

delben91
08-05-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Everyone thought the rotation of
Kip Wells
Jon Garland
Danny Wright
Jon Rauch and
Aaron Myette was going to be awesome to. We will find a way to screw Honel up to. (And the "future" staff as well.)

In fairness, minus Myette, and were Rauch not injured, and were we to still have kipper, that rotation would still be possible. And based on the development this year of Garland, and to a lesser extent, Wright, it could still be an average to above average group next season. Granted, a lot of conditions there, but nonetheless, the ability remains.