PDA

View Full Version : Cubs trade DeJesus

DumpJerry
08-19-2013, 04:11 PM
To the Nats for PTBNL (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-chicago-cubs-david-dejesus-20130819,0,6163815.story).

Conveniently, the Nats are in town to play the Cubs.

I'm just glad he is not with the AL again. He hurt us a few times with the Royals.

Steelrod
08-19-2013, 05:46 PM
They are doing their best to pass us for a better draft pick. Theo cannot do wrong with the fans. They are now 70 million dollars better than last year's most profitable team in baseball!

PalehosePlanet
08-19-2013, 06:19 PM
They are doing their best to pass us for a better draft pick. Theo cannot do wrong with the fans. They are now 70 million dollars better than last year's most profitable team in baseball!

Yikes, I didn't realize those chumps were within 4 games of us in the reverse standings!

Current Reverse Standings:
Astros --
Marlins 6.5
White Sox 8
Cubs 12
Brewers 12.5
Phillies 13
Twins 13
Giants 14
Angels 14
Padres 14.5

Honestly, at this point, I just don't want to lose a 100. Hopefully we still hold on to a top 3 or 4 pick.

Brian26
08-19-2013, 06:40 PM
Has Kim DeJesus melted down on Twitter yet?

ZombieRob
08-19-2013, 07:34 PM
And Rizzo is out of the line up as well.

Wedema
08-19-2013, 10:29 PM
Has Kim DeJesus melted down on Twitter yet?

She posted something about how is she going to explain the trade to her 3 year old who sleeps on a Cub pillow every night and loves the Cub clubhouse. I tweeted back to her to buy the kid a new pillow and that the Nats will have a way cooler clubhouse than old smelly Wrigley.

Brian26
08-19-2013, 10:55 PM
She posted something about how is she going to explain the trade to her 3 year old who sleeps on a Cub pillow every night and loves the Cub clubhouse. I tweeted back to her to buy the kid a new pillow and that the Nats will have a way cooler clubhouse than old smelly Wrigley.

I heard she was acting like a whack job before the deadline, drinking bottles of wine to "endure the stress." Ah, the grueling life of a baseball wife. Hopefully they have malls and day spas in DC.

Brian26
08-19-2013, 10:57 PM
Quite a bit of drama for a guy that's batting .250 with six homers.

Wedema
08-19-2013, 11:54 PM
Quite a bit of drama for a guy that's batting .250 with six homers.

Now it appears that the Nats may not even want to keep him as they placed him right on waivers after acquiring him.

DumpJerry
08-20-2013, 08:03 AM
Now it appears that the Nats may not even want to keep him as they placed him right on waivers after acquiring him.
They must have read his wife's tweets.

doublem23
08-20-2013, 09:25 AM

I am stunned, STUNNED, the Cubs didn't want to keep DeJesus for the next 15 years just for the sake of his kid

SOXPHILE
08-20-2013, 10:12 AM
Did the Cubs trade Ernie Banks, or Hack Wilson or something ? The way the media was acting last night, you would think they did. I heard the fans even gave him a standing ovation ? Good Lord, it was David Dejesus. He was a .250 hitter who played for them a couple years. I know dumbass Cubs fans are prone to giving standing ovations where they aren't warranted, but that and the media's waxing philosophical over the guy were up there with some of the more puzzling things I've seen from Cub-dumb.

Foulke You
08-20-2013, 11:31 AM
Did the Cubs trade Ernie Banks, or Hack Wilson or something ? The way the media was acting last night, you would think they did. I heard the fans even gave him a standing ovation ? Good Lord, it was David Dejesus. He was a .250 hitter who played for them a couple years. I know dumbass Cubs fans are prone to giving standing ovations where they aren't warranted, but that and the media's waxing philosophical over the guy were up there with some of the more puzzling things I've seen from Cub-dumb.
That's pretty much status quo when it comes to Cubs local media coverage unfortunately. There is always quite a bit of fuss about mundane things.

Wedema
08-22-2013, 10:56 PM
Looks like he is headed to Tampa now.

DrCrawdad
08-23-2013, 04:17 PM

I know Cubbie fans love to wax pseudo-psychiatric crap about Sox fans but they sure get worked into a lather when any player says positive stuff about the Cubbies. Wonder what the junior Freud's would call that?

kittle42
08-23-2013, 05:29 PM
Interesting column on how David DeJesus is basically a cheaper Alex Rios.

Link (http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/david-dejesus-alex-rios-and-perception/)

DrCrawdad
08-24-2013, 10:21 PM
And another article about DeJesus (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-0825-dejesus-david-20130825,0,4566801.story). Please, enough already.

kittle42
08-25-2013, 01:23 AM
And another article about DeJesus (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-0825-dejesus-david-20130825,0,4566801.story). Please, enough already.

But he was right under Kerry Wood as the greatest player in Cubs history!

WSox597
08-25-2013, 10:14 AM
If he's with Tampa, he'll be haunting the White Sox again.

How does Hawk put it? "Dag nabbit"

At least he's still out of the Central Division.

Tragg
08-25-2013, 01:57 PM
If he's with Tampa, he'll be haunting the White Sox again.

How does Hawk put it? "Dag nabbit"

At least he's still out of the Central Division.

Dad gummit.

SOXPHILE
08-26-2013, 07:42 AM
But he was right under Kerry Wood as the greatest player in Cubs history!

Uhhhh....Mark DeRosa and Ryan Theriot !!?? Hellloooooo ??!!.....

Anyway, pipe down, I'm trying to watch the "behind the scenes" special about Kerry Woods' whiffle ball tournament on Comcast, while I frame last weeks' Tribune front page story about the Wrigley ballhawks, bemoaning how a new jumbotron might spell the end of their era.

Wedema
08-27-2013, 10:49 PM
Tampa has now put him on waivers.

soxfanreggie
09-02-2013, 12:28 PM
Tampa has now put him on waivers.

His kid is going to have quite the collection of gear from all these different teams.

He'll catch on somewhere.