PDA

View Full Version : Total loss of control by mgmt


jacobp
08-05-2002, 09:44 AM
Isn't it apparent that Manuel has lost total control of his ballclub -- players yelling at each other, Johnson doing his own thing at third, and so on. It is obvious that the players are not and have not responded to Manuel and that he no longer commands their respect. It's bad enough that they've had one of the most disappointing seasons since 1984, but it's even worse that it appears that the players don't care and aren't even trying.

This situation cries out for a managerial change and fast. I'd suggest dumping Manuel right now (even in the face of KW's incredible vote of confidence through 2003; not even Joe Torre has that kind of support or guarantee).

Being a lifelong Sox fan I cannot remember a time when the entire organization was in such total disarray. From the GM, through the manager, through the coaches, through at least the AAA level, the entire organization is in shambles. And it all started with one simple decision, when Reinsdorf selected Lenny over Dan Evans as the GM. That one colossal mistake has resulted in the Sox going from a division winner to a sub-500 embarassment in two short years, while Dan Evans is likely the Executive of the Year.

Reinsdorf is the owner and as such he can do what he wants. As fans our only voice is the turnstyle. This franchise is in deep trouble and only Reinsdorf can fix this. And all he has to do is one thing. FIRE LENNY. A new GM will bring in his own manager and coaching staff and hopefully re-energize the minor league system.

Here's hoping.....

SI1020
08-05-2002, 10:07 AM
Don't hold your breath.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-05-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by SI1020
Don't hold your breath.

:reinsy

"How dare you mock me! Now I'll keep KW around for another 10 years!)

:KW

"How dare the fans mock me! Now I'll keep JM around another 10 years"

:jerry

"How dare the fans criticize Roycie. Now I'll keep him around another 10 years."

:burly "Get me outta here!"

RedPinStripes
08-05-2002, 12:48 PM
i've got a better idea on how to fix all this.........


:sellreinsy

voodoochile
08-05-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by jacobp
Isn't it apparent that Manuel has lost total control of his ballclub -- players yelling at each other, Johnson doing his own thing at third, and so on. It is obvious that the players are not and have not responded to Manuel and that he no longer commands their respect. It's bad enough that they've had one of the most disappointing seasons since 1984, but it's even worse that it appears that the players don't care and aren't even trying.

This situation cries out for a managerial change and fast. I'd suggest dumping Manuel right now (even in the face of KW's incredible vote of confidence through 2003; not even Joe Torre has that kind of support or guarantee).

Being a lifelong Sox fan I cannot remember a time when the entire organization was in such total disarray. From the GM, through the manager, through the coaches, through at least the AAA level, the entire organization is in shambles. And it all started with one simple decision, when Reinsdorf selected Lenny over Dan Evans as the GM. That one colossal mistake has resulted in the Sox going from a division winner to a sub-500 embarassment in two short years, while Dan Evans is likely the Executive of the Year.

Reinsdorf is the owner and as such he can do what he wants. As fans our only voice is the turnstyle. This franchise is in deep trouble and only Reinsdorf can fix this. And all he has to do is one thing. FIRE LENNY. A new GM will bring in his own manager and coaching staff and hopefully re-energize the minor league system.

Here's hoping.....

What's really sad is JM seems to encourage the players yelling at each other. His quote in the paper the other day, "They all get on Frank" and then his lack of reaction to the Lee/Thomas shouting match are signs of a manager who lets the inmates run the asylum. Jerry has NO idea how to control the egos that exist on a big league baseball team. He does not know how to take control of the situation. The only player he seems to regularly get on is Frank, and then the other players are following his lead, but when another player doesn't hustle, nothing is done (Choice, Carlos, Maggs, etc.) Personally, I think this is one of the reasons that Frank has started to get less and less respect from the other players and the media and might be part of the reason he is struggling.

Jerry needs to go, period.

Paulwny
08-05-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile


What's really sad is JM seems to encourage the players yelling at each other. His quote in the paper the other day, "They all get on Frank" and then his lack of reaction to the Lee/Thomas shouting match are signs of a manager who lets the inmates run the asylum. Jerry has NO idea how to control the egos that exist on a big league baseball team. He does not know how to take control of the situation .

JM as F Alou were praised as being good teachers for young players. I don't think either one of them has a clue how to manage a more veteran team.

Tragg
08-05-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny


JM as F Alou were praised as being good teachers for young players. I don't think either one of them has a clue how to manage a more veteran team.

I agree and that is why I don't want Alou. However, we unveteraning ourselves.
Regardless, JM is better than bevington or lamont - by a long shot.