PDA

View Full Version : Well heck, Sox Win - 8/16/13 Postgame...

Tragg
08-16-2013, 11:24 PM
7-4 on this team is quite a feat for Quintana.

Railsplitter
08-16-2013, 11:25 PM
A victory at the Bull's Eye
:bandance:
:notwinks

white sox bill
08-17-2013, 11:33 AM
Its an honor to be the 3rd post 12 hrs after a Sox win. At this point in the waning days of the season, ya gotta ask:
:whocares

BainesHOF
08-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Quintana is not receiving much attention in town because nobody cares about this Sox season at this point, but he's the second best pitcher in town by a wide margin. At least the team has its top two spots in the rotation covered for the future. That's no small thing, either.

doublem23
08-17-2013, 12:17 PM
Quintana is not receiving much attention in town because nobody cares about this Sox season at this point, but he's the second best pitcher in town by a wide margin. At least the team has its top two spots in the rotation covered for the future. That's no small thing, either.

I'm a huge supporter of Jose Quintana but I think penciling him in as a #2 starter on a good team is a bit ambitious. When he's pitching well, he's vrery good but he still struggles to get late into games, he's only averaging 6 IP per start this season.

Between Sale, Quintana, Rienzo, Santiago, and Johnson, though, I think the Sox probably only have to find one more arm. So that's good.

TaylorStSox
08-17-2013, 12:29 PM
I'm a huge supporter of Jose Quintana but I think penciling him in as a #2 starter on a good team is a bit ambitious. When he's pitching well, he's vrery good but he still struggles to get late into games, he's only averaging 6 IP per start this season.

Between Sale, Quintana, Rienzo, Santiago, and Johnson, though, I think the Sox probably only have to find one more arm. So that's good.

Danks

Brian26
08-17-2013, 12:32 PM
Hopefully Danks, unless you think he's done or will be traded.

SCCWS
08-17-2013, 12:32 PM

It should be noted that the 6 IP is caused by his pitcher count. He is averaging 102 pitches over 6 IP which is very high. He has a solid ERA and his BB/SO is also really good. Maybe too much nibbling despite not a high walk total is causing the high pitch counts???

doublem23
08-17-2013, 01:20 PM
Danks

Duh

:dunce:

doublem23
08-17-2013, 01:21 PM
It should be noted that the 6 IP is caused by his pitcher count. He is averaging 102 pitches over 6 IP which is very high. He has a solid ERA and his BB/SO is also really good. Maybe too much nibbling despite not a high walk total is causing the high pitch counts???

Absolutely, he seems to get himself in a lot of deep counts.

BainesHOF
08-17-2013, 06:08 PM
Danks is not a Major League pitcher, but the worst contract in franchise history will probably keep him in the rotation for 2014.

Tragg
08-17-2013, 06:12 PM
Hopefully Danks, unless you think he's done or will be traded.

Wouldn't surprise me if we traded him. His WHIP is really good, and he's been hurt by gopher balls. Teams might attribute some of that to his home park. Might be a chance to pick up a good young hitter or 2.

SOXBOY
08-17-2013, 06:13 PM
Danks is not a Major League pitcher, but the worst contract in franchise history will probably keep him in the rotation for 2014.

No Jamie Narravo was the worst. Danks had the win the Blackout game no contest.

SoxSpeed22
08-17-2013, 07:25 PM
It's only been a hundred innings, I'm not willing to say Danks is done. However his biggest issues have been putting guys away. His splits have shown that at 0-2, opponents have hit higher than .300. Getting guys out after falling behind has been a problem too. He's never had a go-to out pitch, but his stuff doesn't have the same bite. After pitch 60 is when he has had the most problems. I think if he gets back to a strengthening program, he can be effective next year.

slavko
08-17-2013, 07:40 PM
It's only been a hundred innings, I'm not willing to say Danks is done. However his biggest issues have been putting guys away. His splits have shown that at 0-2, opponents have hit higher than .300. Getting guys out after falling behind has been a problem too. He's never had a go-to out pitch, but his stuff doesn't have the same bite. After pitch 60 is when he has had the most problems. I think if he gets back to a strengthening program, he can be effective next year.

JD needs this year to get 100% back. Q needs to throw a few more strikes and he'll go two more innings. It's something he can learn and I wouldn't bet against him. Of the two Q has more potential, IMO.

SoxSpeed22
08-17-2013, 08:33 PM
JD needs this year to get 100% back. Q needs to throw a few more strikes and he'll go two more innings. It's something he can learn and I wouldn't bet against him. Of the two Q has more potential, IMO.The best thing Quintana can do to help himself is be able to throw his secondary pitches for strikes. His fastball is probably good enough for the second best on the team. He can hit both sides of the plate and hit different levels with it. His secondary pitches have not been that consistent. If he can show other batters the curveball for a strike, he can get them out more with his fastball. I do think Quintana can stick around for a while with the White Sox.