PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Manuel = Dave Wannstedt

Viva Magglio
08-05-2002, 08:04 AM
Jerry Manuel has no control of this team whatsoever. The players walk all over him, and that is mostly his own fault. Saturday's incident with Frank Thomas is a perfect example. When asked if he talked to Thomas about not sliding, Manuel referenced "the players" as who should address the issue with Thomas.

Excuse me, but the manager is the baseball equivalent of the head coach. I would like to think most of not all baseball fans would know that, but that is evidently lost upon our manager. Manuel's Gandhi-style of management has only proved him to be a weak leader in times of losing. And his lack of leadership only exacerbates the the losing.

What I fear now is that this team is irrevocably broken.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-05-2002, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Jerry Manuel has no control of this team whatsoever. The players walk all over him, and that is mostly his own fault. Saturday's incident with Frank Thomas is a perfect example. When asked if he talked to Thomas about not sliding, Manuel referenced "the players" as who should address the issue with Thomas.

Excuse me, but the manager is the baseball equivalent of the head coach. I would like to think most of not all baseball fans would know that, but that is evidently lost upon our manager. Manuel's Gandhi-style of management has only proved him to be a weak leader in times of losing. And his lack of leadership only exacerbates the the losing.

:iron

"What the Sox need is a real manager. Hint hint."

GASHWOUND
08-05-2002, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

Exactly, this team has become 'Lord of the Flies' It's freakin amazin how bad this team has been.
I just can't understand how we went 69-50 after last year's 14-29 start with less talent. What the heck did Jerry do last different that's not happening this year?
And what's more disheartening is KW has pretty much secured JM's job until his contract is up, or is it more disheartening that KW will still be at the helm?
An ORG. that's in a tail-spin is unfolding before our eyes..

TornLabrum
08-05-2002, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

Exactly, this team has become 'Lord of the Flies' It's freakin amazin how bad this team has been.
I just can't understand how we went 69-50 after last year's 14-29 start with less talent. What the heck did Jerry do last different that's not happening this year?
And what's more disheartening is KW has pretty much secured JM's job until his contract is up, or is it more disheartening that KW will still be at the helm?
An ORG. that's in a tail-spin is unfolding before our eyes..

Gen. Disarray is signed through 2004. Prof. Chaos only gave him job security through 2003.

cornball
08-05-2002, 09:01 AM
And i remeber when he was hired, he was asked if there would be a captian....an appointed leader of the team...he said that was his role......go figure.

His stategy baffles me as well....Calos Lee batting third....why not Paul K. or Mags.....I always thought your best hitters were 3 and 4....i dont get it.....but the record speaks for itself.

voodoochile
08-05-2002, 01:53 PM
Actually, I think of JM more as Tim Floyd - a management favorite who has no idea what to do to fix things - though in truth that sounds like Whining Wanny too...

delben91
08-05-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
though in truth that sounds like Whining Wanny too...

My fellow dolphins fan CLR, and of course myself might have to disagree with any shots at Wanny's abilities....maybe....

:D:

voodoochile
08-05-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by delben91

My fellow dolphins fan CLR, and of course myself might have to disagree with any shots at Wanny's abilities....maybe....

Yeah, he's done such a great job of taking that team and molding it into potential SB winners hasn't he?

Hey, you got RW, pretty soon, Wanny will say, "All the pieces are in place" and then you guys are really screwed...

Iguana775
08-05-2002, 02:21 PM

Yeah, he's done such a great job of taking that team and molding it into potential SB winners hasn't he?

Hey, you got RW, pretty soon, Wanny will say, "All the pieces are in place" and then you guys are really screwed...

at first, i thought you were talking about McTwoDimesAndANickle, voodoo. then i realized it was ricky williams. lol. :D:

doublem23
08-05-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

:ritchie
He didn't run me out there every fifth day.

CLR01
08-06-2002, 01:43 AM

Hes done as good of a job or a hell of alot better job than anyone the bears have had in...oh say the last 15 years. His own years excluded because he never had a chance. Wanny cant do anything about injuries and a jinx. Hell JJ and Shula couldnt beat the jinx. We need a voodoo doctor. Interested?????

Ummmm..... :firejauron oh wait..... :threadsucks errrr...:firenardi there that should be enough to keep it in the clubhouse.

RedPinStripes
08-06-2002, 02:05 AM
Great. I've just been reminded of all the comments that will come from our "finn troll" Sox fan. :D:
:wanne
When the hairlip twitches, I get some real moronic ideas on offense