PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 8/11 Winning PTC & Postgamer All Rolled Into One

voodoochile
08-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Tried to spark something...

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/mlb/players/full/4808.png&w=350&h=254
"Yeah, I may have had a crappy first few months, but the last 2.5 haven't been bad at all..."

Brian26
08-11-2013, 07:02 PM
The story of the season is in the 9th inning when Tyler Flowers and his .194 batting average gets pinch hit for with Jordan Danks and his .161 avg.

For those watching the game at home today, was Bert Blyleven on the Sox broadcast at all? I walked into the clubhouse store for a moment, and I heard an exchange on the tv between what I thought was Paciorek and Blyleven. The Comcast graphics were on the screen, but it seemed like the Twins broadcast. Thought I heard the Twins pbp guy too, so perhaps it was the Twins feed. Not sure. It was odd.

amsteel
08-11-2013, 07:06 PM
This team really makes you savor the Ws

Brian26
08-11-2013, 07:35 PM
I love the way Garcia gets down the line. He beat out that first hit and almost beat out the 2nd. Throw in the stolen base, and he looks like a freight train on the base paths. Didn't quite get to see his arm late in the game, as Alexei cut off the throw to third for no good reason.

ChiSoxGal85
08-11-2013, 07:38 PM
The story of the season is in the 9th inning when Tyler Flowers and his .194 batting average gets pinch hit for with Jordan Danks and his .161 avg.

For those watching the game at home today, was Bert Blyleven on the Sox broadcast at all? I walked into the clubhouse store for a moment, and I heard an exchange on the tv between what I thought was Paciorek and Blyleven. The Comcast graphics were on the screen, but it seemed like the Twins broadcast. Thought I heard the Twins pbp guy too, so perhaps it was the Twins feed. Not sure. It was odd.
For an inning, Stone and Wimpy and the two Twins announcers (Blyleven and I forgot who the other one was) were all on the broadcast together. It was pretty neat, actually - they shared some old war stories, but also discussed each other's current teams. I enjoyed it; great way to fill some air time for two teams going nowhere this season.

soxfanreggie
08-11-2013, 08:11 PM
For an inning, Stone and Wimpy and the two Twins announcers (Blyleven and I forgot who the other one was) were all on the broadcast together. It was pretty neat, actually - they shared some old war stories, but also discussed each other's current teams. I enjoyed it; great way to fill some air time for two teams going nowhere this season.

I liked the idea and hope they do it more to try and liven up crappy play.

As far as the game, Flowers and Danks are making it harder for me to want to give them a shot next year with even more time.

voodoochile
08-11-2013, 08:11 PM

Least we've finally got a guy OVER .800 OPS on the season...

Railsplitter
08-11-2013, 10:23 PM
Anybody else notice this in the stands?

There was a young woman along the first base line who's face was masked like a Wild West outlaw.

I don't know if she's germ phobic, was giving her own variation of the paper bag over the head, or making a subtle plug for the Bandits.

cub killer
08-11-2013, 10:58 PM
No **Official** 8/11 Help us, Wimpy! Postgame thread ???

JB98
08-11-2013, 11:37 PM
I liked the idea and hope they do it more to try and liven up crappy play.

As far as the game, Flowers and Danks are making it harder for me to want to give them a shot next year with even more time.

I hope nobody wants to give either of those two players a shot. By now, I think the whole "Flowers just needs more at-bats" argument has been soundly defeated. He is terrible.

BTW, here's a boring TBGR (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=4454)for a boring game.