PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Sox Win Snail Race 8/10 Post Game Thread

vinny
08-10-2013, 07:51 PM
3:29? :thud:

Uh, I guess congratulations to Avasail Garcia for getting his first hit with the Sox and to David Purcey for getting his first win with the Sox?

Rienzo was all over the place but managed to get out of the fourth without any damage. And Purcey did a good job putting out the fire in the sixth.

Beckham has turned into a bright spot of late.

voodoochile
08-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Dunn got his OPS to .800. He's the ONLY player on the team with an OPS that high and that would be true if Rios were still here also...

slavko
08-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Reed's getting scary. Wild in the strike zone and stuff not good enough to make up for it. Veal too, but that's not news. They were lucky to survive.

roylestillman
08-10-2013, 08:12 PM
I'm still trying to figure out Bert Blyleven's geography lesson. I'm pretty sure he had Rienzo coming from Brazil which he put somewhere in Europe.

Boondock Saint
08-10-2013, 08:14 PM
Reed's getting scary. Wild in the strike zone and stuff not good enough to make up for it. Veal too, but that's not news. They were lucky to survive.

His stuff never impressed me, but he got outs, so it never mattered much. Now, it seems like the league's just figured out that his stuff is hittable.

Railsplitter
08-10-2013, 09:34 PM
I'm still trying to figure out Bert Blyleven's geography lesson. I'm pretty sure he had Rienzo coming from Brazil which he put somewhere in Europe.

Odd since Bleyleven is Dutch by birth

Still, a win over a division rival.
:bandance:
:notwinks

XplodingScorbord
08-10-2013, 10:12 PM

Glad I wasn't the only one who caught that.

amsteel
08-10-2013, 10:22 PM

Most closers have a pretty short shelf life. Although, looking at his #s, there's no real statistical decline evident.

shingo10
08-10-2013, 10:32 PM
3:29? :thud:

Uh, I guess congratulations to Avasail Garcia for getting his first hit with the Sox and to David Purcey for getting his first win with the Sox?

Rienzo was all over the place but managed to get out of the fourth without any damage. And Purcey did a good job putting out the fire in the sixth.

Beckham has turned into a bright spot of late.

Beckham has a had a real solid season. Made a few gaffes defensively which is unusual but for him to come back from his wrist injury so quickly and basically pick right up where he left off and then sustain it...real solid season.

WLL1855
08-11-2013, 01:25 AM
His stuff never impressed me, but he got outs, so it never mattered much. Now, it seems like the league's just figured out that his stuff is hittable.

Who the hell else do we got?

kenfinan
08-11-2013, 04:40 AM
The color commentator, whatever his name was... oh man. He kept mispronouncing things. It made me cringe every time he said these things:

"Konurko"
"Pheckley"
"Boston Red Sock"
"Rizenzo"

Some of these could be proper but.. hair stood on end :whiner:

DSpivack
08-11-2013, 11:25 AM
The color commentator, whatever his name was... oh man. He kept mispronouncing things. It made me cringe every time he said these things:

"Konurko"
"Pheckley"
"Boston Red Sock"
"Rizenzo"

Some of these could be proper but.. hair stood on end :whiner:

Bert Blyleven.

October26
08-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Odd since Bleyleven is Dutch by birth

Still, a win over a division rival.
:bandance:
:notwinks

I watched this game with my dad yesterday and we enjoyed seeing the Sox win. It is always great to see the Sox beat the Twins, even in a season as dismal as the one the Sox are having. My dad said he is excited about seeing more of Avisail Garcia in a Sox uniform.