PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Sale Stalls the Skankees 8/6 postgamer

vinny
08-06-2013, 10:11 PM
Little scare from Reed in the ninth but other than that great pitching from our guys.
Let's get the sweep tomorrow.

all*star quentin
08-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Chris Sale first win at home since, May 12.

all*star quentin
08-06-2013, 10:13 PM
Good game, boys! :)

WhiteSoxOnly
08-06-2013, 10:19 PM
Little scare from Reed in the ninth but other than that great pitching from our guys.
Let's get the sweep tomorrow.

What does that mean, to "sweep" someone ?

shingo10
08-06-2013, 10:43 PM
It just feels good to win. Kind of like spring training where even though its completely meaningless, it just feels better to win.

Wondering if maybe we should shut Sale down for at least the last month....one of the blessings of being such a bad team is we that option. I don't think it would really make sense to have him add meaningless innings.

shingo10
08-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Ahh I see the Sale shutdown discussion is over in What's The Score...didn't mean to bring the same thing up here then.

Just enjoying 2 in a row.

StillMissOzzie
08-06-2013, 10:54 PM
What does that mean, to "sweep" someone ?

It's like "getting swept", which we Sox fans know all too well,except that we are happy instead of grumpy / pissed off when it happens.

SMO
:D:

WhiteSoxOnly
08-06-2013, 11:44 PM
It's like "getting swept", which we Sox fans know all too well,except that we are happy instead of grumpy / pissed off when it happens.

SMO
:D:

Sounds like it would be a lot of fun then. Count me in. I have my doubts that this team can pull it off of course, but what the hell. Might as well go ahead and give it a shot.

Tragg
08-07-2013, 12:13 AM
Wondering if maybe we should shut Sale down for at least the last month....one of the blessings of being such a bad team is we that option. I don't think it would really make sense to have him add meaningless innings.

I'd consider it. Ventura has put a lot of wear on his arm this year (and last).

soxfanatlanta
08-07-2013, 07:28 AM
Sweet Jesus, do the Yankees suck.

Railsplitter
08-07-2013, 08:03 AM
:bandance::bandance:

That's more like it!

WLL1855
08-07-2013, 09:16 AM

Not only that, but Kuroda has to be one of the slowest pitchers I've seen work on the mound in a long time. Brutal.

BleacherBandit
08-07-2013, 09:22 AM
Sweep the bastards.

SCCWS
08-07-2013, 09:38 AM

Look at that lineup. Gardner is a mediocre ML player and Cano is a stud. A-Rod and Jeter are both probably all done. Granderson is a question mark and the rest are mostly fringe players and cast-offs. Their minor league must be as bad as our's is.

GeauxSox
08-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Look at that lineup. Gardner is a mediocre ML player and Cano is a stud. A-Rod and Jeter are both probably all done. Granderson is a question mark and the rest are mostly fringe players and cast-offs. Their minor league must be as bad as our's is.

Their minor league? They don't need no stinking minor league..

hawkjt
08-07-2013, 04:22 PM
Put the stake in their hearts,Sox!

Getting swept by the Sox puts them over 11 games back of the Red Sox and 6.5 out of the wildcard...officially dead!!

I like being a spoiler....lets do it to the Tigers.

SCCWS
08-07-2013, 04:52 PM

Actually they do. They did not have any top prospects to promote or trade last week. They do not have one young star, like a Sale, that they can build around. They are in dire shape, especially in a division with teams that do have young talent and will spend in free agency to fill holes. The Yankees are going to have to spend in free agency to fill a roster around Cano and Nix.

Paulwny
08-08-2013, 11:56 AM

The Yanks were trying to stay under the luxury tax payroll for next year. With nothing in the minors this may not be possible, the $$ for Cano and $$ for FA's to replace aging players will make their goal impossible.

Paulwny
08-08-2013, 11:58 AM
Put the stake in their hearts,Sox!

Getting swept by the Sox puts them over 11 games back of the Red Sox and 6.5 out of the wildcard...officially dead!!

I like being a spoiler....lets do it to the Tigers.

I love it, putting a dagger into the Yankee play-off hopes.